270soft Forum

New Campaign Creation - Turkey (willing to pay you)

Hey everyone. Have had this game for a few years now. I have always wanted to make a campaign for Turkish presidential elections (2018) but have no clue where to start - I'm not the best at modding etc.

If someone can make, in consultation with me, a campaign for Turkey, I would be willing to pay. I have not idea what to do, even some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Serhat Saylak said:

Hey everyone. Have had this game for a few years now. I have always wanted to make a campaign for Turkish presidential elections (2018) but have no clue where to start - I'm not the best at modding etc.

If someone can make, in consultation with me, a campaign for Turkey, I would be willing to pay. I have not idea what to do, even some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offering payment is completely unnecessary. In fact, it kind of breaks the informal, relaxed tenor of scenario making on this site.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

Offering payment is completely unnecessary. In fact, it kind of breaks the informal, relaxed tenor of scenario making on this site.

No one will help me. I thought maybe offering something would give incentive because I really love this game but have no clue on how to make campaigns.

I started working on a Turkey project after the last elections there but haven't gotten around to finish it. Still need to do endorsements and issues and stuff.

I have the vote shares calibrated to the 2018 results so its pretty close to the actual result.

Untitled.png

49 minutes ago, westwoodblvd said:

I started working on a Turkey project after the last elections there but haven't gotten around to finish it. Still need to do endorsements and issues and stuff.

I have the vote shares calibrated to the 2018 results so its pretty close to the actual result.

Untitled.png

How did Erdogan did a solid party colouring in Kurdish-majority areas?

5 hours ago, westwoodblvd said:

Untitled.png

The presidential contest is great, but the parliamentary honestly would be really fun. 

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The presidential contest is great, but the parliamentary honestly would be really fun. 

I agree. In fact, I've collected a LOT of Turkish party logos, past and present - along with a lot of others in my immense collection of party symbols, historical and current.

Just now, Patine said:

I agree. In fact, I've collected a LOT of Turkish party logos, past and present - along with a lot of others in my immense collection of party symbols, historical and current.

I was always interested in Turkish politics (never quite sure why). I was really hoping for IYI, HDP and CHP to get a good result. 

20 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I was always interested in Turkish politics (never quite sure why). I was really hoping for IYI, HDP and CHP to get a good result. 

Fun fact. The CHP, founded by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, himself, is the oldest continuously and still extant political party in the Middle East.

10 hours ago, westwoodblvd said:

Untitled.png

My eyes legit lit up when I saw this. I'm an expert in Turkish politics, and would be more than happy to give you a list of endorsements for the candidates, issues etc if you would like.

Please message, I'll give a list of issues if you want - I just have no clue on how to format it for the game.

I find its hard to talk on this website with others, if you are willing I would love to add you on facebook or something.

9 hours ago, Patine said:

He won them because the South-east (at least in this map) is not just Kurdish. Although a large chunk of it is past the province of Diyarbakir, to the West, the major provinces of Gaziantep (the most populous city in this area) is pro-Erdogan, as are most of the other boarder provinces. 

10 hours ago, Patine said:

It was too much work to enter all of the 80 something provinces so I divided Turkey in 7 regions. The HDP is strong in the East and South East but the Kurdish area is split between these regions so its not enough to win either of them. 

14 minutes ago, westwoodblvd said:

I can share the beta file - but it is a mess. I don't have time right now to work on it. 

11 hours ago, westwoodblvd said:

Untitled.png

Please share it bro

You must make a map using GIMP - there is a tutorial on the main website. It is not that difficult really. 

Once you have the map then enter all the provinces in the campaign editor, along with population, voters, vote share for different parties, etc. 

It really is not rocket science, if you take an afternoon you will get the hand of it.

I have uploaded the rar file for this campaign but again bear in mind it is not finished. Let me know if it works.

I have many other projects as well, let me know if there is any other country, I might have it already.

Turkey 2018.rar

31 minutes ago, westwoodblvd said:

You must make a map using GIMP - there is a tutorial on the main website. It is not that difficult really. 

Once you have the map then enter all the provinces in the campaign editor, along with population, voters, vote share for different parties, etc. 

It really is not rocket science, if you take an afternoon you will get the hand of it.

I have uploaded the rar file for this campaign but again bear in mind it is not finished. Let me know if it works.

I have many other projects as well, let me know if there is any other country, I might have it already.

Turkey 2018.rar 2.7 MB · 2 downloads

GIMP? I alter maps to suit my needs (sometimes notably extensively) with just MS Paint - which is free, and built into Windows...

Just now, Patine said:

GIMP? I alter maps to suit my needs (sometimes notably extensively) with just MS Paint - which is free, and built into Windows...

33 minutes ago, westwoodblvd said:

Turkey 2018.rar 2.7 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks for the upload. So I made a map. Im now trying to replace your one with it, which I did. However, it won't let me add the provinces names, and is stuck with the different regions instead which where with the original map. Would you guys know a solution by any chance?

15 minutes ago, Serhat Saylak said:

Thanks for the upload. So I made a map. Im now trying to replace your one with it, which I did. However, it won't let me add the provinces names, and is stuck with the different regions instead which where with the original map. Would you guys know a solution by any chance?

I figured it out. The only thing I have no idea on how to do is change it so that each province has an electoral result.

59 minutes ago, Patine said:

Also works but when making a map from scratch I like the layers function of GIMP which Paint does not have.