270soft Forum
TheLiberalKitten

A note to the Admin

We the community have noticed a continuous pattern with the admin. He imposes self deadlines and never meets them. We see him on the fourms, arguing with forum members, and posting about the coronavirus. while we understand that life comes along and all of us here hold jobs and commitments that come before the game. We have seen a pattern with him where he's more active on the fourms than the game. All we're asking him here is that  he work on the game we all paid for and will continue to subscribe to.This is something that, as members of a wonderful and partisan community, surrounded by a game we all love, would like to see done, not just to gratify ourselves, and to "hate on" those who seek to undermine the important issues, but to make the game better than it could ever be. We, the community, want the best for this game, and we want the best for it's community, too.

Please don't take this personally admin! We love you!

1 hour ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

We see him on the fourms, arguing with forum members, and posting about the coronavirus.

I'm more bothered by this part. I'm okay with the pace of his work. 

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

To not discuss it is what's strange, AFAICT.

The discussion would be tolerable if it weren't circular. No one is changing anyone's mind. In my opinion, everyone agrees with you or is already of the opinion that the government should be more transparent, have a plan in place, prevent an economic depression, and minimize the days of the lockdown to the fewest, reasonable weeks.

The difference lies in how much one is willing to risk people's lives to end the shut down and at what point we do so.

Then there is the factor of your tone. I assume you discuss with the intent of converting minds or to present a convincing argument. However, tone plays a major role in this process. The author of an argument--unless there are trying to be a polemicist--should use a tone that keeps their readers or listeners in mind. That is an appeal to your readers's imaginations, sympathies, and emotions  and not your own. The tone should be conciliatory, harmonious, and you should show that you're own opinions could be fallible. This is just standard rhetoric.  

It's hard to tell if your posts are you just blowing off steam or if you are actually trying to engage us in meaningful discussion. 

I under stand his posts can have alot of emotion behind them, but I mean I like how he engages with the community whether his ton/ideas are right or not, personally I think it's better than him creating a side account and not acting like he is who he is, though he could easily do so.