270soft Forum
admin_270

Ready for a lot more push back against crazy government policies?

Just now, Hestia11 said:

It’s not the lockdowns - it’s the states that refuse to lock down in the first place. 

Ah - ya, that's a problem. Here (in Canada) I think we basically have a national lock-down in place, although specifics vary from province to province.

12 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I am frustrated by your laissez-faire mockery of a global pandemic every day.

I'm not mocking it, @Actinguy . I'm frustrated by a seeming one-sided treatment of it. I've said repeatedly I support a strong initial lock-down. I think it's serious. But the economic ramifications of the policies are also serious.

Sure, but so are the economic ramifications of not ending the pandemic ASAP.

Your frequent comparison to how many people usually die in a given year comes across as mockery, as if you do not care about those who are immunocompromised or older than you are.  

It comes across as if you are shrugging and saying “who cares,  they were all going to die eventually.”  You also have not come to understand yet the reality that the death rate has been kept relatively low because we currently have the hospital equipment to keep people alive.  But...and I can’t say this enough...that is not going to continue to be the case as more people continue to get sick while the currently sick people do not get better.

If you need a ventilator to breathe because you have Coronavirus, and we cannot give you a ventilator because they are being used by other people with Coronavirus, then you are not going to be able to breathe.  And then you are going to die.  And it will not matter how old you were, because everyone has to breathe.

20 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Here's hoping a critical mass of people wake up and start to push back hard against their governments' policies. There's still time.

This can cost your life here in my country. Hah! 🤣 

16 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Your frequent comparison to how many people usually die in a given year comes across as mockery, as if you do not care about those who are immunocompromised or older than you are.  

No. I have repeatedly said we need very strong precautions to protect old people.