270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Cuomo praised while Newsom bends the curve

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/cuomo-coronavirus-star-newsom-bending-the-curve.amp

Gov. Cuomo is doing a good job by all accounts - but is California Gov. Newsom not receiving enough praise because of his differing style? 

4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/cuomo-coronavirus-star-newsom-bending-the-curve.amp

Gov. Cuomo is doing a good job by all accounts - but is California Gov. Newsom not receiving enough praise because of his differing style? 

It seems praise is given mostly to Cuomo, Newsom, and DeWine. While I sometimes here good things for Beshear. I hear mixed things on Whitmer, but the negative is mainly coming from the President. DeSantis seems to get the most negative press. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It seems praise is given mostly to Cuomo, Newsom, and DeWine. While I sometimes here good things for Beshear. I hear mixed things on Whitmer, but the negative is mainly coming from the President. DeSantis seems to get the most negative press. 

Hogan is also getting very good press.

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

They are all getting praise, but Cuomo is the public face because of name recognition, ease of speaking style, and his family name. Newsom has, arguably, delivered better results and a better example to follow. 

37 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Hogan is also getting very good press.

Hulk Hogan? Yes! He also just tore his bicep, according to Twitter. Just kidding. I know who you are talking about. 

16 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

They are all getting praise, but Cuomo is the public face because of name recognition, ease of speaking style, and his family name. Newsom has, arguably, delivered better results and a better example to follow. 

Cuomo has more cases and deaths right now, so he gets more attention. Also, his brother works for CNN. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Cuomo has more cases and deaths right now, so he gets more attention. Also, his brother works for CNN. 

Yeah. Not saying he isn't doing a good job, he is. But Newsom might be someone to watch going into the future.

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

While I sometimes here good things for Beshear.

Yesterday on CNN they said Beshear acted way better than Tennessee's Gov. Lee.

It is a question of tests too.

New York is the 1st US state to test the population.

California might have more cases than what is currently showed (even if Newsome is very well acting).

Be sure that the curve won't be controled before may in the best case scenario.

The US have received the wave 2/3 weeks after Europe.

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

His brother tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday.

I have CNN on all day at work, and it's been the Governor Cuomo show almost non stop.  I believe part of that is a matter of timezones.  (It's possible Newsome is getting the evening news because that's better timezone-wise for him, but I don't watch evening news so I don't know).

13 hours ago, vcczar said:

DeSantis seems to get the most negative press. 

Tate Reeves of Mississippi is also getting rightfully terrible press for his terrible response.

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Tate Reeves of Mississippi is also getting rightfully terrible press for his terrible response.

Maybe Bill Waller Jr. would have been the better choice in the primaries ...

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Maybe Bill Waller Jr. would have been the better choice in the primaries ...

Oh most indubitably. Anyone of the other 3 choices would have been better equipped to handle this crisis. Robert Foster, the conservative anti-establishment Republican, Bill Waller the moderate anti-establishment Republican, or Jim Hood, the Conservative Democrat, all would have been far better at handling this in a responsible way and in a not stupid way than Tate Reeves has been. Reeves is the kind of state level Republican that doesn't understand that because we're Republicans and we believe in federalism, the states should actually be spending a good amount of money and that if you just keep cutting at all levels of government well then no one is actually doing the governing part. None of the other 3 are like that.