270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheacres

Utah Governor 2020

I am making a Utah Governor race scenario and am having trouble getting the portraits/pictures for the candidates. Can anyone help? Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Sheacres said:

I am making a Utah Governor race scenario and am having trouble getting the portraits/pictures for the candidates. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Not a lot of competitive Gubernatorial races come out of Utah...

26 minutes ago, Sheacres said:

It is more so for the Republican Primaries

Elections mostly for the sake of the Primaries always remind me of all the Jim Crow Deep South State Gubernatorial Election Scenarios that were NEVER made on these forums. Except for the Louisiana 1928 one - but that was quite an exception to the rule.

21 hours ago, Sheacres said:

I got some advice. If you're doing it for the Republican Primaries, make a scenario for just the primaries and one for just the general. That way you can have an accurate representation of the primaries you're going for. Or, just make one for the republican primary. As noted, general elections in utah aren't competitive so a scenario for just the Republican Primary would be good.

But I can also send you some candidate pictures. I'm pretty good with finding good quality pictures

On 3/31/2020 at 6:12 PM, tzmb said:

if you need more lemme know. I'd be happy to help

Could I get the pictures for the running mates/ candidates for lt governor by any chance? Its one of the only things left I have to finish. 

19 minutes ago, Sheacres said:

Made this a while back, just didn't submit it, I'll make a more updated version in the future.

2020 Utah Governor.zip 4.26 MB · 0 downloads

First two things I notice here. The scenario doesn't even give you the option to try your hand at an overwhelmed and beleaguered Democratic or Independent candidate - it only LETS you play a Republican. Also, why are the issues the same as the Federal election issues? Many of those issues are completely outside of the mandate and power of State governments to deal with, and make no sense at all for Gubernatorial candidates to campaign on. Also, Gubernatorial scenarios should have unique issues to the situations, problems, policies, projects, and issues within that State at that time, that would be much more important (even relevant at all, in some cases) to State candidates for Governor. I would advise (not demand, but advise) having another look at these two factors.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:50 PM, Patine said:

First two things I notice here. The scenario doesn't even give you the option to try your hand at an overwhelmed and beleaguered Democratic or Independent candidate - it only LETS you play a Republican. Also, why are the issues the same as the Federal election issues? Many of those issues are completely outside of the mandate and power of State governments to deal with, and make no sense at all for Gubernatorial candidates to campaign on. Also, Gubernatorial scenarios should have unique issues to the situations, problems, policies, projects, and issues within that State at that time, that would be much more important (even relevant at all, in some cases) to State candidates for Governor. I would advise (not demand, but advise) having another look at these two factors.

Any response here, @Sheacres?

3 hours ago, mz452 said:

Good work @Sheacres

Well, that's productive. I mean, encouraging, yes, but does nothing to say how the scenario could be improved, but good points could be capitalized upon, what elements could be fixed, or how things could be looked at again. Not just a bland kindergarten praise - completely useless, except for confidence, I suppose. At least in the days when you were a lot meaner, some years ago, you actually gave criticisms and suggestions to these kind of projects as well, even if you were a bit sharp about it.

6 hours ago, Patine said:

Well, that's productive. I mean, encouraging, yes, but does nothing to say how the scenario could be improved, but good points could be capitalized upon, what elements could be fixed, or how things could be looked at again. Not just a bland kindergarten praise - completely useless, except for confidence, I suppose. At least in the days when you were a lot meaner, some years ago, you actually gave criticisms and suggestions to these kind of projects as well, even if you were a bit sharp about it.

I genuinely don't know what it is with you, @Patine. You seem to like picking fights with absolutely everyone for no apparent reason. I complimented the scenario and of course had an issue with that. Why does it matter to you that I enjoyed the scenario? What business it is of yours? I enjoyed it and I hope @Sheacres continues to make more.

I seem to recall a few years ago you came after to me too, accusing me of being a bully or whatnot. When I asked for any shred of evidence you not surprisingly went silent. I wish there was still the ability to block users on this forum because I absolutely would have blocked you ages ago. You're a miserable excuse for a human being and I genuinely pity you.

4 hours ago, mz452 said:

I genuinely don't know what it is with you, @Patine. You seem to like picking fights with absolutely everyone for no apparent reason. I complimented the scenario and of course had an issue with that. Why does it matter to you that I enjoyed the scenario? What business it is of yours? I enjoyed it and I hope @Sheacres continues to make more.

I seem to recall a few years ago you came after to me too, accusing me of being a bully or whatnot. When I asked for any shred of evidence you not surprisingly went silent. I wish there was still the ability to block users on this forum because I absolutely would have blocked you ages ago. You're a miserable excuse for a human being and I genuinely pity you.

So a few posts on a game forum is enough for you to feel confident to judge my whole quality a human being, eh? And I'm the nasty and horrible one? I've never gone so far as to make that level of PERSONAL attacks based on next to no information, even if I may be a bit sharp about what others post and voluntarily say. But I guess you have to one up me for viciousness, and good, don't you?