270soft Forum
dylansh99

"Error reading scenario.xml" Message

I’m getting the error message “Error reading scenario.xml” and then “Access violation at address 0040CF7D in module ‘PI.exe’. Read of address 00000018.” when clicking on New Game on Version 3.1.1. Any help? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled with the newest update several times and restarted my ASUS laptop numerous times today and still getting the error message. Really hope to hear back soon.

@admin_270 @admin_270

Find the relevant folders for both the app and the user data. App location by right-clicking app icon and noting path. User data by going into campaign editor and noting path of folder containing campaign. Back up any user designed campaigns in another folder. Uninstall app. Manually delete the app and user data folders noted previously. Reinstall.

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Find the relevant folders for both the app and the user data. App location by right-clicking app icon and noting path. User data by going into campaign editor and noting path of folder containing campaign. Back up any user designed campaigns in another folder. Uninstall app. Manually delete the app and user data folders noted previously. Reinstall.

UPDATE: Problem has been fixed! Thank you for your help!