270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

What is everybody's thoughts on Bidens accusations?

2 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Is it? All candidates but three dropped out immediately after Super Tuesday. Biden will have a majority of votes by the process is done. 

And if it isn't representative - then there should be no problem with candidates making deals at the convention. 

That response - and I know you greatly dislike the term - is very clearly and obviously an "Establishment," answer. Rather than see where the real problems and failings are, you defend the status quo instead.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

That response - and I know you greatly dislike the term - is very clearly and obviously an "Establishment," answer. Rather than see where the real problems and failings are, you defend the status quo instead.

I would rather see a different system (of government). I don’t know how the party primaries could be changed while being able to winnow the field down to 1. The candidates are similar to parties in other countries. Deals between them resemble coalition governments. It’s not out of the ordinary. 

55 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I would rather see a different system (of government). I don’t know how the party primaries could be changed while being able to winnow the field down to 1. The candidates are similar to parties in other countries. Deals between them resemble coalition governments. It’s not out of the ordinary. 

It should be like the French system, but where each ideological camp in the current two main parties, and all Third Parties and Independents, nominate their own candidate each and run as separate parties and nominations like in the French system, and the top two to five (I believe as many as five can run in a run-off with a crowded candidate field and tight and close first round results, but it's historically never happened - three is the most that has, I believe) if no candidate gets an outright majority, with both rounds being popular vote.

49 minutes ago, Patine said:

It should be like the French system, but where each ideological camp in the current two main parties, and all Third Parties and Independents, nominate their own candidate each and run as separate parties and nominations like in the French system, and the top two to five (I believe as many as five can run in a run-off with a crowded candidate field and tight and close first round results, but it's historically never happened - three is the most that has, I believe) if no candidate gets an outright majority, with both rounds being popular vote.

I think that it would work well as well, it's just we won't be able to do that unfortunately :(

46 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I think that it would work well as well, it's just we won't be able to do that unfortunately :(

A quote I just made in another forum about this particular issue.

"Those who have the most to gain by the retention of the status quo, and the most to lose by true and needed reform and change, who are always a small minority, want everyone to believe in the UTTER IMPOSSILIBITY of change ever happening, as though it were a law of physics. I see you have drank deeply of their toxic, fatalistic, nihilistic brew. But history shows that attitude has no truth to it at all. In all untenable situations, something eventually has to give!"

Note, the extreme level of the "brew," was specifically aimed at the poster I was responding to in the original forum I posted this.

5 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

I haven't seen anything by MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or any news source of that validity. Not saying it isn't true, but you are misrepresenting "major resources".

From an outsider perspective. Why should they report? Biden is their golden boy. 

Your (america) mainstream media is disgusting tbh

7 minutes ago, CentristGuy said:

From an outsider perspective. Why should they report? Biden is their golden boy. 

Your (america) mainstream media is disgusting tbh

Uh...because they report all major news? It’s kinda how it works. They reported on Al Franken, Bill Clinton, etc. Plus they want stories that will make them money. This is one, but they aren’t reporting it.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:38 PM, Hestia11 said:

I haven't seen anything by MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or any news source of that validity. Not saying it isn't true, but you are misrepresenting "major resources".

There might have been some passing mention on those networks had it not been for the coronavirus coverage.

The difficulty here (much like the allegations in the Brett Kavanaugh hearings) is that so much time has passed it would be very difficult to prove anything one way or the other.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:14 PM, Hestia11 said:

Uh...because they report all major news? It’s kinda how it works. They reported on Al Franken, Bill Clinton, etc. Plus they want stories that will make them money. This is one, but they aren’t reporting it.

The vast majority of American news media outlets have become toxic and fire-spitting partisan (one or the other major party) engines of deliberate socio-political distortion and propaganda where much more focus is on vitriolic, opinionated, and loudmouth hosts of "personality driven news shows," the "circle jerk," opinion panels, yellow journalism clickbait headlines, and hyperbolic rhetoric than actual respectable journalism. In fact, it seems any sort of high-brow, respectable journalism in the United States with any integrity that's has delivering the news as an actual priority died when Walter Kronkite retired.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

The vast majority of American news media outlets have become toxic and fire-spitting partisan (one or the other major party) engines of deliberate socio-political distortion and propaganda where much more focus is on vitriolic, opinionated, and loudmouth hosts of "personality driven news shows," the "circle jerk," opinion panels, yellow journalism clickbait headlines, and hyperbolic rhetoric than actual respectable journalism. In fact, it seems any sort of high-brow, respectable journalism in the United States with any integrity that's has delivering the news as an actual priority died when Walter Kronkite retired.

My point is that they'll do anything to make a quick buck. You seem to agree. So why wouldn't they report on this?

16 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

My point is that they'll do anything to make a quick buck. You seem to agree. So why wouldn't they report on this?

My point is they should report on it like a trusted community high school teacher doing it, not as part of a partisan smear campaign with a nice bit of extra ammo, and hamming it up to boot. Though we may well agree on that, too.

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

My point is they should report on it like a trusted community high school teacher doing it, not as part of a partisan smear campaign with a nice bit of extra ammo, and hamming it up to boot. Though we may well agree on that, too.

Yeah, but these news organizations...haven't. You're talking about like Fox News and stuff.

5 hours ago, HamptonRoadsTVFan said:

There might have been some passing mention on those networks had it not been for the coronavirus coverage.

The difficulty here (much like the allegations in the Brett Kavanaugh hearings) is that so much time has passed it would be very difficult to prove anything one way or the other.

Ah but who gobbled up the Kavanaugh accusations?

4 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Yeah, but these news organizations...haven't. You're talking about like Fox News and stuff.

TheHill covered it,The Washington Times did,HuffPost did,ABC News did,Do you really need just CNN and MSNBC or is that enough?

3 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

TheHill covered it,The Washington Times did,HuffPost did,ABC News did,Do you really need just CNN and MSNBC or is that enough?

ABC is the only one that doesn’t have a big partisan lean. CBS would be nice. But if ABC covered it that’s something. 

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

ABC is the only one that doesn’t have a big partisan lean. CBS would be nice. But if ABC covered it that’s something. 

Huff post and Thehill doesn’t if anything they are center-left lean,not conservative.

14 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Huff post and Thehill doesn’t if anything they are center-left lean,not conservative.

Huff Post is a left lean and Hill is right.

51 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Huff Post is a left lean and Hill is right.

F70C59A8-00B8-4E82-8B18-9581D7C7133C.thumb.png.41ede421c1a700885c9f4b7fb3937d36.pngThis is the most popular media bias judge site. They are non partisan. This judges based off online news,not networks which is why Fox News is lean not total.

Just now, TheMiddlePolitical said:

F70C59A8-00B8-4E82-8B18-9581D7C7133C.thumb.png.41ede421c1a700885c9f4b7fb3937d36.pngThis is the most popular media bias judge site. They are non partisan. 

And where is Huffington Post?

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Left,but the Hill is centrist not left. Plus we are going off a democratic candidate,this isn’t The Daily Wire which is Right focussed. So?

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I don’t get what your saying “cnn and msbnc” aren’t covering it if Huffington post falls in line with them?

6 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The CBC, Southam News, and al-Jazira, three of my biggest and favourite news sources, aren't listed... :P

23 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I don’t get what your saying “cnn and msbnc” aren’t covering it if Huffington post falls in line with them?

They are major outlets. HuffPost+TheHill aren't generally major. They're big, but not major. I already said that ABC saying something is big enough as it is. 

19 minutes ago, Patine said:

The CBC, Southam News, and al-Jazira, three of my biggest and favourite news sources, aren't listed... :P

I like CBC when I can stumble across it. 

My take on this is that this allegation needs to be taken seriously and Biden has to address this now because you know it will get brought up again in the general election. I'm not going to go as for to say he should drop out, yet. I would have to see how he handles this. It is definitely a serious matter. 

2 minutes ago, MysteryKnight said:

My take on this is that this allegation needs to be taken seriously and Biden has to address this now because you know it will get brought up again in the general election. I'm not going to go as for to say he should drop out, yet. I would have to see how he handles this. It is definitely a serious matter. 

It should be taken seriously, but he shouldn't be forced to withdraw from the race (as much as I think his nomination is a horrible mistake) on accusation alone. I firmly believe in due process and serious proceedings for everyone - from minor misdemenours, to theft, assault, vandalism, sexual assault, murder, terrorism - to high corruption, betrayal of the duties of office, violation of the Constitution, abuse of power, and war crimes committed high political office - due process, and by equal laws, with no secret and Unconstitutional "Courts of Star Chamber," (like the FISA) allowed, for all!