270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

What is everybody's thoughts on Bidens accusations?

After the accusation being covered now by major resources I think it's fair to bring this into the front for an opinion.

I have seen so many Democrats say "Get in line" and "Winning matters more", even if the accusation was true.

This is not right,and I am somebody who believed Dr.Ford, and these accusations are solid.

I am somebody that chooses morality over just winning,no matter the party.

That also this is all Bernie supporters,saying this? Which I have Biden supporters in political groups at my university who are also sickened by these.

What is your opinion? @admin_270 @Conservative Elector 2 @WVProgressive @QuickHead555 @vcczar @Patine @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Herbert Hoover 

-sorry if I missed anyone I was just going off the top of my head (everyone else comment too!)

If the accusation is true, then Biden should name a VP and resign.  The VP will continue in his place.

Yes, Trump is accused of countless sexual assaults and is even on tape bragging about them.  But let’s continue to hold ourselves to a human standard, rather than start following the Republican standard.

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

If the accusation is true, then Biden should name a VP and resign.  The VP will continue in his place.

Yes, Trump is accused of countless sexual assaults and is even on tape bragging about them.  But let’s continue to hold ourselves to a human standard, rather than start following the Republican standard.

If true, Biden should drop out right now. No exceptions. But he needs to do so NOW (if true). Others can drop in to force a Convention vote, or they can let Sanders take the nomination uncontested. 

Just now, vcczar said:

If true, Biden should drop out right now. No exceptions. But he needs to do so NOW (if true). Others can drop in to force a Convention vote, or they can let Sanders take the nomination uncontested. 

I considered the contested convention route, and that would be the preferred outcome under a normal scenario.  But with the way the world is right now,  I don’t know if there’s even going to BE a convention.  Similarly, I don’t want every Ex candidate popping out of the woodwork because campaigning right now is dangerous to the public health.  

That’s why I say Biden names a VP and then drops out (if he is guilty).  Then that VP runs against Bernie, and the winner goes on to name their own VP.

No solutions are ideal in this scenario, but that’s the closest I could get — again, “if” the allegations are true.

21 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I considered the contested convention route, and that would be the preferred outcome under a normal scenario.  But with the way the world is right now,  I don’t know if there’s even going to BE a convention.  Similarly, I don’t want every Ex candidate popping out of the woodwork because campaigning right now is dangerous to the public health.  

That’s why I say Biden names a VP and then drops out (if he is guilty).  Then that VP runs against Bernie, and the winner goes on to name their own VP.

No solutions are ideal in this scenario, but that’s the closest I could get — again, “if” the allegations are true.

As long he doesn't pick the VP. If he's guilty of this accusation, then he should have the VP chosen for him, and then he resigns. Biden shouldn't even be allowed to select the Kingmaker. 

This said, if it ends up being Biden vs. Trump, I'll still vote Biden. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

As long he doesn't pick the VP. If he's guilty of this accusation, then he should have the VP chosen for him, and then he resigns. Biden shouldn't even be allowed to select the Kingmaker. 

This said, if it ends up being Biden vs. Trump, I'll still vote Biden. 

“Chosen for him” by who?

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Anyone have a link to quality reporting-summary of this?

I thought the Vox article was a fair representation of both sides.

It honestly is troubling, and if it is true, then Biden should absolutely drop out, and have the DNC nominate someone else. While I may agree many Republican voters do not care about sexual assault allegations against Trump, it shouldn't mean that Biden has a free ticket out as well.

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

“Chosen for him” by who?

I don't care. Just not by Biden if the allegations are true. Maybe one of the following:

• Pay for a nationwide poll asking people who they want as Biden's VP. Only country the votes of those registered as Democrats or Independents. 
  • DNC
  • Delegates who will be at Convention get to vote prior to the convention.
  • Sanders gets to pick if he agrees to also drop out. 
  • Have all the former candidates pick someone not of themselves. 
  • Wait until convention and let the Convention decide the VP, then Biden officially drops out at the convention. 
  • Have the rest of the primary states decide via mail in ballots that also ask who Biden's VP should be. Add whomeever is currently on Biden's shortlist and Sanders's shortlist, and add an "Other" Write in option. 

If that turns out to be true, we'll see probably a worse Democratic nominee than Hillary Clinton.

I don't buy it one bit.

2 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

After the accusation being covered now by major resources I think it's fair to bring this into the front for an opinion.

I have seen so many Democrats say "Get in line" and "Winning matters more", even if the accusation was true.

This is not right,and I am somebody who believed Dr.Ford, and these accusations are solid.

I am somebody that chooses morality over just winning,no matter the party.

That also this is all Bernie supporters,saying this? Which I have Biden supporters in political groups at my university who are also sickened by these.

What is your opinion? @admin_270 @Conservative Elector 2 @WVProgressive @QuickHead555 @vcczar @Patine @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Herbert Hoover 

-sorry if I missed anyone I was just going off the top of my head (everyone else comment too!)

If the accusations are credible, it will, unfortunately, just mean that both major candidates in the GE have credible sexual assault allegations against them, and this election, already lost, robbed, and forsaken for producing any real leader who can be trusted, will be any sort of improvement, or any integrity - an election that is a loss for everyone and not even worth voting in by anyone with integrity and values, or at least not for a major party candidate, lest one's vote be stained and tainted by endorsing such toxic candidates - an election like 1852, 1920, 1968, 2004, and 2016 - loses FURTHER credence if both major candidates have such credible allegations against them. Even though I can't vote, for whom I would support, or hypothetically vote for (especially for @vcczar's polls), I will wait to see the Third Party and Independent nominations, like in 2016. :P

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

If the accusations are credible, it will, unfortunately, just mean that both major candidates in the GE have credible sexual assault allegations against them, and this election, already lost, robbed, and forsaken for producing any real leader who can be trusted, will be any sort of improvement, or any integrity - an election that is a loss for everyone and not even worth voting in by anyone with integrity and values, or at least not for a major party candidate, lest one's vote be stained and tainted by endorsing such toxic candidates - an election like 1852, 1920, 1968, 2004, and 2016 - loses FURTHER credence if both major candidates have such credible allegations against them. Even though I can't vote, for whom I would support, or hypothetically vote for (especially for @vcczar's polls), I will wait to see the Third Party and Independent nominations, like in 2016. :P

This election further proves that Progressive candidates need their own 3rd party. Throwback to 1912 aye? 

Just now, Reagan04 said:

I don't buy it one bit.

I don't think you've bought any such accusation of this sort discussed on these forums. But, you know what. You don't know. I don't know. The majority of people do not know the truth of any these accusations. And thus, the "public weighing in as if they knew all about it," and "trial by the public," even distorting the engines of due process, have become a vile and toxic phenomenon in modern media and culture. And it's unfortunate to see you firmly wallowing in the social filth of that, yourself.

2 hours ago, Wiw said:

I knew it - Joe was the wrong guy for the job! Bernie or Bust!

Nothing to "know" yet.  There is an allegation, and that allegation should be taken seriously.  But that does not mean yet that the allegation is true.

18 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Nothing to "know" yet.  There is an allegation, and that allegation should be taken seriously.  But that does not mean yet that the allegation is true.

I could however see the insinuation that a candidate with this major of a scandal though, is not a good look. 

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

This election further proves that Progressive candidates need their own 3rd party. Throwback to 1912 aye? 

Just because they can't win the nomination? Face it, Bernie lost, Warren lost (my candidate, by the way), we don't have a majority. Go ahead, burn it all down, that'll definitely help your cause. 

4 hours ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I haven't seen anything by MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or any news source of that validity. Not saying it isn't true, but you are misrepresenting "major resources".

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Just because they can't win the nomination? Face it, Bernie lost, Warren lost (my candidate, by the way), we don't have a majority. Go ahead, burn it all down, that'll definitely help your cause. 

This would be a good point IF the U.S. Party Primary cycles were actually truly representative, without most candidates dropping out before the majority of States can vote on and them, and when they do drop out, those who voted for them having so say or input as to which remaining candidate receives the delegates of the one they voted for. Basically, saying the eventual nominee "is the will of the majority of party members," is a ridiculous statement to make.

Just now, Patine said:

This would be a good point IF the U.S. Party Primary cycles were actually truly representative, without most candidates dropping out before the majority of States can vote on and them, and when they do drop out, those who voted for them having so say or input as to which remaining candidate receives the delegates of the one they voted for. Basically, saying the eventual nominee "is the will of the majority of party members," is a ridiculous statement to make.

Is it? All candidates but three dropped out immediately after Super Tuesday. Biden will have a majority of votes by the process is done. 

And if it isn't representative - then there should be no problem with candidates making deals at the convention. 

51 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I haven't seen anything by MSNBC, CNN, CBS, or any news source of that validity. Not saying it isn't true, but you are misrepresenting "major resources".

A quick Google search still doesn't bring up the accusations because it hasn't been covered by major news networks yet. 

We should always take accusations seriously - but that doesn't mean we assume guilt right off the bat. I want to hear more and see her story get some real scrutiny before I make up my mind. Not that I have already decided that I won't believe her, but I want more information and more investigation before tanking our best chance at defeating Donald Trump in 2020 (a nominee chosen by the people).