270soft Forum
vcczar

4 Politicians that Represent your Political Views.

Here's a new fun post. Pick 4 politicians that represent your political views. 

The rules:

1. Pick Only 4. 

2. They cannot be the same 4. 

3. One must represent your economic views. One must represent your social views. One must represent your foreign policy/military views. One must represent your values that are otherwise uncaptured in the other three spots. 

4. You may select politicians from the present, the past, from other countries, but please do not use fictional politicians. 

1. Economic - Elizabeth Warren. 

2. Social - Bernie Sanders. 

3. Foreign Policy/Military - Dennis Kucinich

4. Misc. Values - Bill Weld

Economic Views - Howie Hawkins

Social Views - Bernie Sanders

Foreign Policy Views - Norman Thomas

Other Views - Ralph Nader

Economic Views - Barry Goldwater

Social Views - Justin Amash

Foreign Policy Views - Carly Fiorina

Other Views - Mike Lee

27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

but please do not use fictional politicians. 

So, not Adam Sutter, Emanuel Goldstein, Cornelius Snow, or anything, basically? Or were you more referring to those many movies and TV shows with fictional Presidents and other leaders in otherwise realistic stories (more or less)?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

So, not Adam Sutter, Emanuel Goldstein, Cornelius Snow, or anything, basically? Or were you more referring to those many movies and TV shows with fictional Presidents and other leaders in otherwise realistic stories (more or less)?

I don't know who those are. Are they fictional? Then don't use them. Were they historical politicians or are they current politicians in real-world earth, born of terrestrial human parents? Then you can use them? 

34 minutes ago, vcczar said:

1. Economic - Elizabeth Warren. 

2. Social - Bernie Sanders. 

3. Foreign Policy/Military - Dennis Kucinich

4. Misc. Values - Bill Weld

Bill Weld captures my view that a politician must put country first, and he embodies my opinion that bipartisanship is more important than stubbornly sticking to an ideology. I am Left-Wing to Far-Left-Wing, but I also know that most Americans are one of many other views. As such, it is un-Democratic to force my views when the majority of the country could oppose them. My goal would be to encourage, convince, or otherwise win the public to my views to make them a majority. 

Economic-Warren

Social-Sanders

Foreign Policy/Military-Kucinich

Misc.-Yang

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I don't know who those are. Are they fictional? Then don't use them. Were they historical politicians or are they current politicians in real-world earth, born of terrestrial human parents? Then you can use them? 

The Norsefire Chancellor of the Fascist Britain in, "V for Vendetta," the dissident from, and critic within, the Inner Party who is the subject of the "Three Minutes of Hate," everyday on Oceanian broadcasts, in "1984," (and is almost a certainly an allusion to Leon Trotsky), and the President of the Pan-Am Federation in the, "Hunger Games," respectively. :P

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Here's a new fun post. Pick 4 politicians that represent your political views. 

The rules:

1. Pick Only 4. 

2. They cannot be the same 4. 

3. One must represent your economic views. One must represent your social views. One must represent your foreign policy/military views. One must represent your values that are otherwise uncaptured in the other three spots. 

4. You may select politicians from the present, the past, from other countries, but please do not use fictional politicians. 

Anyways, going for broke here (why not):

1. Economic: Silvio Gesell

2. Social: Mohandas Gandhi

3. Foreign/Military: Robert A. Taft

4: Other views: Jack Layton

7 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

1. Economic: Bill Owens

2. Social: Tulsi Gabbard

3. Foreign/Military: Ron Paul

4. Misc: John Hickenlooper

Ron Paul is a good one for foreign/military (but NOT for economic or social). I've not heard of Bill Owens, but I don't know if you've heard of Silvio Gesell, so...

Just now, Patine said:

Ron Paul is a good one for foreign/military (but NOT for economic or social). I've not heard of Bill Owens, but I don't know if you've heard of Silvio Gesell, so...

Former Colorado Governor I'm guessing is the particular Bill Owens he means.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Regardless if one has or hasn't Google and we can all learn a bit and expand our horizons :)

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Former Colorado Governor I'm guessing is the particular Bill Owens he means.

Yes yes indeed.

5 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Regardless if one has or hasn't Google and we can all learn a bit and expand our horizons :)

Yes yes indeed.

I'm not that familiar with Colorado Governors. The only two who come to mind were the People's, or Populist Party on in the late 1800's (the same party that cross-endorsed Jennings Bryan's Democratic ticket in 1896 and 1900), and the one who later (after leaving office as Governor) joined Perot's Reform Party and was one of only four or five people to try to make a Primary challenge against Perot in 1996, and the only of those who didn't drop out immediately, and who later tried to sue Perot for rigging his Primaries). Even then, I'd have to look up their actual names, as they don't spring to mind, immediately.

Economic - Barry Goldwater
Social - Calvin Coolidge
Military - Ron Paul
Misc - Winston Churchill

27 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Economic - Barry Goldwater
Social - Calvin Coolidge
Military - Ron Paul
Misc - Winston Churchill

I really would have expected you to put Vermin Supreme for Social or Misc. 

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Anyways, going for broke here (why not):

1. Economic: Silvio Gesell

2. Social: Mohandas Gandhi

3. Foreign/Military: Robert A. Taft

4: Other views: Jack Layton

For lack of finding the specific person (probably a bunch of people) I was looking for, I have edited my post in the Foreign/Military area. @vcczar

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

For lack of finding the specific person (probably a bunch of people) I was looking for, I have edited my post in the Foreign/Military area. @vcczar

Ok Cool. Mr. Conservative

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Ok Cool. Mr. Conservative

Only for foreign and military affairs. Certainly not social and economic. And, besides, how many "conservatives," today share his views in foreign and military affairs, I ask you? And I thought Goldwater was "Mr. Conservative." And he was also seriously considering nuking Hanoi, regardless of the bigger consequences. Hence, the "Daisy," attack ad by the Johnson campaign.

46 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I really would have expected you to put Vermin Supreme for Social or Misc. 

Goldwater for fundamental economic liberalism, Coolidge for his governing policy and stances of racial equality, Ron Paul because he's my daddy, and Churchill because he was a strong leader uwu

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Goldwater for fundamental economic liberalism, Coolidge for his governing policy and stances of racial equality, Ron Paul because he's my daddy, and Churchill because he was a strong leader uwu

The flaw with Coolidge is that racial equality didn't penetrate, in his Administration, to the State level.

Economic: Barry Goldwater

Social: Ron Paul

Foreign Policy: Rand Paul

Misc: Thomas Massie