270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Trump's Approval Now at its High

45.9% is Trump's average approval, which is his highest of his presidency. My prediction has been that he'll never hit 47%, but that's within reach now. 

While his approval is at it's height, his disapproval is not at its lowest, but it is its lowest since March 2017. 

Barring a major recession, it seems like the Coronavirus is actually helping Trump. However, some have argued that if George W Bush or Obama had been dealing with a Coronavirus there would be more of a rally behind the president effect, similar to how George W. Bush had an 81% approval after 9/11. 

Can Trump rise higher or is he at his cap of approval? 

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

45.9% is Trump's average approval, which is his highest of his presidency. My prediction has been that he'll never hit 47%, but that's within reach now. 

While his approval is at it's height, his disapproval is not at its lowest, but it is its lowest since March 2017. 

Barring a major recession, it seems like the Coronavirus is actually helping Trump. However, some have argued that if George W Bush or Obama had been dealing with a Coronavirus there would be more of a rally behind the president effect, similar to how George W. Bush had an 81% approval after 9/11. 

He'll rise higher, I'd say close to 48% or 49%  it won't maintain there very long, but it'll rise around there. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

His approval will probably continue to move in the positive direction while this thing plays out.  I'm not sure a recession would sink his re-election chances at this point.

3 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

He'll rise higher, I'd say close to 48% or 49%  it won't maintain there very long, but it'll rise around there. 

3 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

His approval will probably continue to move in the positive direction while this thing plays out.  I'm not sure a recession would sink his re-election chances at this point.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I can't fathom why, unless the American nation are being increasingly enstupidated. The man is NOT a leader, he is not a competent policy-maker, he's a piss-poor foreign representative, he's obviously clueless of what he's doing, or the meaning or consequences, of what he's declaring half the time, he's shown visible contempt and chaffing for the limits on the power of the Presidential Office, he resorts to schoolyards of political and media opponents, he's the most personally amoral man to be in the White House, and he mostly won election on a history as a showman than came to eclipse, in success, even his history as a businessman. And, as P.T. Barnum said in his latter days when asked about his legacy in light of his later political and philanthropic endeavours, "I am a showman by profession, and all the gilding in the world will not change that."

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

It wouldn't surprise me.

2 minutes ago, Wiw said:

It wouldn't surprise me.

Nothing overly negative seems to. And you like to hyperbolically exaggerate it, to boot. :(

16 hours ago, vcczar said:

15 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Just so we're clear on the "laudable, respectable, decisive, and worthy-of-higher-approval ratings," of Trump's response to the Coronavirus crisis, that "even his political opponents should get behind," (tagging @admin_270, too), I present the fruits of his leadership:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/united-states-most-confirmed-coronavirus-cases_n_5e7d26f2c5b6614922645818?4tg

He started it. He planted the virus so he could secure re-election! It's like Norsefire and St. Mary's!

5 hours ago, Wiw said:

He started it. He planted the virus so he could secure re-election! It's like Norsefire and St. Mary's!

Well, now, I think you've stepped off the deep end. Would you now like to tell us how the Grey Aliens in the Flying Saucers, Reptilian Shapeshifters, the secret Illuminati council, Risen Egyptian Pharoahs, Atlantean Sorcerers, and Mayan Pictoglyphs fit in - since you've now obviously taken "the Plunge, with your Tin-Foil Hat and your clapboard saying, "the End is Near," firmly on?"

Think about it! If re-election was unlikely for you, wouldn't YOU take such drastic measures to turn the tables?

I always thought he would hit positives in his approval rating once in his presidency. I think if this continues, we'll see him hit 50%. Cuomo is the only thing standing in his way gobbling up headlines making him look bad, other than that, the dems look pathetic while the GOP look like the good guys, "helping" workers, helping families, oh look let's save the economy.

Americans are too brainwashed to think lockdown is good, they think the stock markets and economy is everything and they also like states rights. If this coronavirus thing persists until August, then I estimate Trump wins PA, WI and FL again. Polls have him leading against Biden in all three of these states and his approval is only at 45% right now, I couldn't imagine if it gets higher.

9 minutes ago, wolves said:

I always thought he would hit positives in his approval rating once in his presidency. I think if this continues, we'll see him hit 50%. Cuomo is the only thing standing in his way gobbling up headlines making him look bad, other than that, the dems look pathetic while the GOP look like the good guys, "helping" workers, helping families, oh look let's save the economy.

Americans are too brainwashed to think lockdown is good, they think the stock markets and economy is everything and they also like states rights. If this coronavirus thing persists until August, then I estimate Trump wins PA, WI and FL again. Polls have him leading against Biden in all three of these states and his approval is only at 45% right now, I couldn't imagine if it gets higher.

His approval is actually starting to go back down. he hit 45%, but now he's at like 44.8% or 44.7%. I've been keeping up with it. I don't know what polls you are talking about. The latest polls have Biden winning in MI, tied in PA, and losing in WI. In regards to Trump's handling of the economy, 49% approve and 48% disapprove. This suggests he may have a hard time getting much higher, as some of those that approve of his response would probably not vote for Trump under any condition. I think there are more of them then there are people that disapprove of Trump's response, but will still vote for him.