270soft Forum
TheNeck

Next Italian General Election (2023) BETA

We're doing (me and @LoggingOut) a mod of the next italian general election. The official date is 2023.

As you can read from the title this is a BETA so I make a list of what is and what is missing in this first version:

• 12 parties with their leaders and deputies
  • Map with all the regions
  • Realistic opinion poll
  • And more...

What's missing and errors:

• Some borders problem with Emilia-Romagna
  • An error screen appears in the last days of the campaign
  • No debates and endorsments

If you can try it and tell us what to improve we will be grateful!

Thanks.

Italy - 2023 (BETA).zip

I'll try it when I get home!

5 hours ago, TheNeck said:

We're doing (me and @LoggingOut) a mod of the next italian general election. The official date is 2023.

As you can read from the title this is a BETA so I make a list of what is and what is missing in this first version:

• 12 parties with their leaders and deputies
  • Map with all the regions
  • Realistic opinion poll
  • And more...

What's missing and errors:

• Some borders problem with Emilia-Romagna
  • An error screen appears in the last days of the campaign
  • No debates and endorsments

If you can try it and tell us what to improve we will be grateful!

Thanks.

Italy - 2023 (BETA).zip 2.3 MB · 2 downloads

I do think PMI, with it's FPTP system, is an abysmal game engine for the Italian (or any Continental European, except MAYBE French) Parliamentary elections. Even though it's an older engine, I'd suggest picking a cheap copy of Chancellor Forever (which at least uses an MMP system) - and then you'll also be able to play the notably large number of scenarios I have planned for it, as is.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, Patine said:

I do think PMI, with it's FPTP system, is an abysmal game engine for the Italian (or any Continental European, except MAYBE French) Parliamentary elections. Even though it's an older engine, I'd suggest picking a cheap copy of Chancellor Forever (which at least uses an MMP system) - and then you'll also be able to play the notably large number of scenarios I have planned for it, as is.

What is the diffrence with the systems? and do you have them already made?

6 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

What is the diffrence with the systems? and do you have them already made?

There's a very big difference. The whole way the membership of said legislative body are elected are completely different. And I have finished an Austria 2008, West Germany 1949, and am very close to finishing an East Germany 1990 election by K4E using the MMP system - because, like with all elections that use an MMP, or a pure PR electoral system (in totality, the great majority of elected national legislative chambers in the world today - only a minority use FPTP, STV, and the Australian second-choice, but most of them tend to be Anglosphere nations, or at least have a British colonial legacy) get IMMENSELY distorted in results if just slapped down in an FPTP legislative election game like PMI or CI.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

There's a very big difference. The whole way the membership of said legislative body are elected are completely different. And I have finished an Austria 2008, West Germany 1949, and am very close to finishing an East Germany 1990 election by K4E using the MMP system - because, like with all elections that use an MMP, or a pure PR electoral system (in totality, the great majority of elected national legislative chambers in the world today - only a minority use FPTP, STV, and the Australian second-choice, but most of them tend to be Anglosphere nations, or at least have a British colonial legacy) get IMMENSELY distorted in results if just slapped down in an FPTP legislative election game like PMI or CI.

I purchased k4e would you like help on your scenarios?

22 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Mine don't need help. I have most of the elements covered for my planned, scenarios. But maybe helping @TheNeck, if he's agreeable, convert the one he just released, for instance.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:18 AM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

This could be useful.