270soft Forum
jonata2

Test of left vs right shows politcal bias

I created two characters, Joe Left and Joe Right. I set each up to have either a totally leftist platform or a completely rightist platform. I set all other elements equal. Then I ran the game with both Republican and Democrat as Human. As I played I just held down the space bar and did absolutely nothing. The result was a total landslide for Joe Left.

Now comon... I have played both sides and had fun with both... but lets be honest about the coding on this game.... doesn't appear to be unbiased to the left.

And for the record. I am not a republican or a democrat.... just annoyed.

I have tested this theory 3 times myself and twice Left wont with over 300 electoral votes and the 3rd time I got Right to win by running strong ad's and creating tons of FS's and barnstorming in key states, ie California, Texas, Florida and others. Right barely won even after all the effort.

Have you tried this across various scenarios? Are there particular events that happen in the game that cause shifts in the electorate? If so, what are they?

Tony

Is it possible that when pressing the spacebar that offers to appear on tv shows comes up for each person and the space bar is automatically telling it yes which would give one candidate an advantage over another if they had more appearances on tv then the other?

I played it out all the way without just hitting the space bar and left still won the game. no FS, no crusaders, no barnstorming. Although left did seem to win every debate even though neither one practiced

Kerry does start out with a higher debating skill I think though,

Well, according to public opinion polls, on most of the key issues the public sides with the Democrats. Just because the Right and Left are even doesn't mean that the nation is split evenly. I'm not saying the game is bias, all I'm saying is that, on paper at least, the Democrats should have the advantage.

That being said, there are some advantages that the Right/Republicans should have that are not in the game such as both of the major parties start off with the same amount of money when in fact we all know that the GOP has a lot more. Also, Republican voters tend to be more committed and more likely to vote than Democrats, although the difference is starting to shrink as the Bush administration seems to be having the same effect (if not more so) on Democrats as Clinton had on the Republicans.