270soft Forum

Anyone working on an 1824 scenario? I would be really interested to see how that one would turn out on P4E. I bought P4E in April and it is the most addicting game since CIV3. Keep up the excellent work, Tony!

Anyone working on an 1824 scenario? I would be really interested to see how that one would turn out on P4E. I bought P4E in April and it is the most addicting game since CIV3. Keep up the excellent work, Tony!

I'm not working on one but I too would like to see a 1924. I'd love to see an Adams on the $20 bill!

I am making one, but I can't think of any Issues or find any pictures other than J. Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson. Can anyone think of any issues or know where to find pictures?

One issue you can used is the US national Bank. John Q Adams was for it and Jackson was against it. When Jackson was elected, the first thing He did was destroy it. Also, you got the Cherokee situation in Georgia that is beginning to develope as well as Slavery and it's expansion into the Louisiana Purchase territory.

What was the one, 1886 or something, that was decided by the House of Reps. That would be cool!

There've only been two Presidential elections decided by the House: 1800, Jefferson-Burr-John Adams, and 1824, John Quincy Adams-Jackson-Crawford-Clay. I think what you might be referring to is the 1876 contest between Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel Tilden. That was decided by an "independent" Electoral Commission instituted by Congress, made up of eight Republicans and seven Democrats. Speaking of the election of 1800, I wonder if there's a way to tweak the scenario currently up to reflect the method of election pre-12th Amendment, before the Veep was elected separately?

I had an 1824 scenario finished but ended up losing it in a computer crash before I could get it posted. The pictures can be easily be found by doing a image search on google.

Contested elections:

1800 - decided by the HoR

1824 - decided by the HoR

1876 - decided by special commission

2000 - decided by Supreme Court