270soft Forum

Hey all: wondering a few things.

Is there a way to alter the types of ad in campaign editor? I've noticed that the web ads are only one day, which doesn't seem realistic as I'll see the same ad for candidates multiple times. Wondering how to change this, and maybe alter the cost/power too..

I'm also planning on starting a new scenario, and wondering how to go about using the Polls tool. I've never actually used Polls before and often turn them off for my own scenarios and just go with the regions. Does anyone have any tips or best practices when using them? And then how they play into the actual gameplay, etc.

A few other random q's: how can I get the option to choose between playing one day vs one week at a time? I've never had the option before.
Is it possible to create a news story that would run in conjunction with an event? Something along the lines of a candidate having a rally in a certain state, and then a story about a celebrity being there or something, without being a surrogate. Something like that? Not sure if this makes sense.

4 minutes ago, lizphairphreak said:

Hey all: wondering a few things.

Is there a way to alter the types of ad in campaign editor? I've noticed that the web ads are only one day, which doesn't seem realistic as I'll see the same ad for candidates multiple times. Wondering how to change this, and maybe alter the cost/power too..

I'm also planning on starting a new scenario, and wondering how to go about using the Polls tool. I've never actually used Polls before and often turn them off for my own scenarios and just go with the regions. Does anyone have any tips or best practices when using them? And then how they play into the actual gameplay, etc.

A few other random q's: how can I get the option to choose between playing one day vs one week at a time? I've never had the option before.
Is it possible to create a news story that would run in conjunction with an event? Something along the lines of a candidate having a rally in a certain state, and then a story about a celebrity being there or something, without being a surrogate. Something like that? Not sure if this makes sense.

Yes. There's an ads.xml file in the scenario file, but like a few things, it has to be opened (I suggest Essential XML reader - it's a free download for the simple stuff these games would need), and edited manually.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:50 PM, Patine said:

Yes. There's an ads.xml file in the scenario file, but like a few things, it has to be opened (I suggest Essential XML reader - it's a free download for the simple stuff these games would need), and edited manually.

Thank you!

On 2/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, lizphairphreak said:

I'm still a bit unsure on how to best use polling, and how it plays out in gameplay. I used the region percentages in the campaign I just made, and noticed that polling was volatile in almost every state for a lot of the campaign. Does setting up Polling help with this? And how many polls do you need to be successful?

On 2/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, lizphairphreak said:

I more or less figured both of these out