270soft Forum
WolfGwynbleidd

I constantly get these error

I constantly get these errors when trying to start a new campaign or go into campaign editor. I tried unstalling and re-installing the game at least a dozen times but I always get the same errors. Can someone help me? The error message that says reading scenario is the same for both new game and campaign editor while the acces violation I get when starting a new campaign and the external exception I get when trying to into campaign editor

error 1.PNG

error 2.PNG

error 3.PNG

On 2/25/2020 at 8:45 PM, admin_270 said:

The other possibility is to manually delete the campaign files and the reinstall, which might solve this problem.

That doesn't work either. I tried installing a previous version of president infinity that worked fine but even then it gives the same errors

I know sometimes a scenario will self-destruct it self, that could explain the error reading scenario.xml error.

On 2/29/2020 at 1:18 AM, WolfGwynbleidd said:

That doesn't work either. I tried installing a previous version of president infinity that worked fine but even then it gives the same errors

You will have to manually delete any left-over files after an uninstall. These can be kept in various places, but you need to delete the game app folder and then the user folder associate with the app. The former can be found by checking the game icon's path. The latter can be found by checking where campaigns are being saved, and then going to the parent folder for those.