270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kelly Ayotte and Kirsten Gillibrand

Why is it that literally every Congress and Prime Minister game I play has these two? What's going on?

47 minutes ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Why is it that literally every Congress and Prime Minister game I play has these two? What's going on?

I don't recall a PRIME MINISTER game that's ever had these two, even as options. And Congress has big slates of candidates, not single ones. Have you tried playing fan-made scenarios, especially ones not set in the U.S. (or not at the Federal level) and/or not in the 21st Century?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I don't recall a PRIME MINISTER game that's ever had these two, even as options. And Congress has big slates of candidates, not single ones. Have you tried playing fan-made scenarios, especially ones not set in the U.S. (or not at the Federal level) and/or not in the 21st Century?

I play the user-created scenarios. I'm talking about this:

캡처Boris.PNG

1 hour ago, Jinsu Kim said:

I play the user-created scenarios. I'm talking about this:

캡처Boris.PNG

I'm not sure why Boris Johnson has a VP choice at all. I don't recall such a thing in my games, and there SHOULDN'T be such a thing in a PMI game. I don't think I've seen it in the Canadian version of PMI (which is the one I have - I've never bought the British one), and it sounds like @admin_270 being lazy with code, to me.

VPs are disabled in PMI, but the data for them is still there and it secretly has the default VP options taken from the then-2016 scenario, since PMI is based on that. This can be seen when importing the scenario into PI. All the Infinity games are essentially the same base game with different features enabled and disabled.

2 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

VPs are disabled in PMI, but the data for them is still there and it secretly has the default VP options taken from the then-2016 scenario, since PMI is based on that. This can be seen when importing the scenario into PI. All the Infinity games are essentially the same base game with different features enabled and disabled.

Like I said - lazy coding. And, another question comes to mind. @Jinsu Kim, why are you playing PMI and CI scenarios on PI in the first place?

21 hours ago, Patine said:

Like I said - lazy coding. And, another question comes to mind. @Jinsu Kim, why are you playing PMI and CI scenarios on PI in the first place?

There is a place where you download user-created scenarios. PMI games work on PI...

8 minutes ago, Jinsu Kim said:

There is a place where you download user-created scenarios. PMI games work on PI...

They don't REALLY work. Not nearly as intended.

54 minutes ago, Patine said:

They don't REALLY work. Not nearly as intended.

Well, I don't have PMI.  Maybe, I'll buy it in the future.

8 minutes ago, Jinsu Kim said:

Well, I don't have PMI.  Maybe, I'll buy it in the future.

I actually find PMI and CI as preferable game engines to PI, as well as K4E, because @admin_270 keeps dragging his heels on an updated MMP electoral game, and those are the games the lion's share of my planned docket of user-made scenarios will be made for.