270soft Forum
Edouard

Canada 1993 : Can't push away the Charest

While these days there are high expectations that Jean Charest might come back as big head of the PCC canadian leadership race, I decided to play Jean Charest in the 1993 Canadian election of @TheLiberalKitten, here is the result 😛 

Charest.PNG.b4a1b20ed7441e94001859d59733e6f8.PNG

Slight better than 2 MPs.

10 hours ago, Edouard said:

While these days there are high expectations that Jean Charest might come back as big head of the PCC canadian leadership race, I decided to play Jean Charest in the 1993 Canadian election of @TheLiberalKitten, here is the result 😛 

Charest.PNG.b4a1b20ed7441e94001859d59733e6f8.PNG

Slight better than 2 MPs.

How do you, and @guythatsacentrist, manage to both push the Reform Party down to 2 seats. I mean this was the first election after the Charlottetown Accord was defeated in a Referendum, and the Reform Party was the ONLY party with representation in the Commons at the time (albeit, one seat) to support a 'no' vote for it. And I remember this election well, and the party of "selling out Canadian jobs to free trade, introducing the GST, and as much a contributor to Western Alienation as the Liberals," was not going to sweep the West and drop the Reform to two seats. And this is coming from someone who disagrees with most of the Reform Party platform in retrospect (though, I admit, I was quite taken with them at the time - it is true, political opinions change). This scenario must a bit sloppily made - by whomever made it. I'm just saying.

@Patine It's almost like a good PC player can retake the West from Reform and push them down to single digits. It's pretty hard to simulate Reform's hold on the region while making it dynamic enough to allow a PC victory

5 minutes ago, Ido said:

@Patine It's almost like a good PC player can retake the West from Reform and push them down to single digits. It's pretty hard to simulate Reform's hold on the region while making it dynamic enough to allow a PC victory

A PC victory in 1993 would have been a Herculean labour, frankly. Like a Republican victory in the U.S. in 1932 or 1936, or a Democratic victory in 1984, or a Labour victory in the UK in 1983. Theoretically possible, statistically speaking, I suppose, but a REAL feat of strength.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

A PC victory in 1993 would have been a Herculean labour, frankly. Like a Republican victory in the U.S. in 1932 or 1936, or a Democratic victory in 1984, or a Labour victory in the UK in 1983. Theoretically possible, statistically speaking, I suppose, but a REAL feat of strength.

as I said, it requires a lot of skill to cheese the game enough to make the PCs even win a minority, let alone a majority. Don't come to PMI or in fact any 270soft game expecting so much in depth analysis of votes, since the game is super exploitable

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Or this to happen in 2008

Dion.PNG.b36e54c0a9b662d48122cb72fcc2963a.PNG

About the result, when you play Campbell there are big malus, but Charest hasn't these 😛 

From what i've found ads and momentum are key factors. I've done some wild stuff in PMI before. This game is fairly easy to chesse. For example, this result in Ontario wasn't too hard to do. I put a bunch of ads with Power of 8 to 11 and boom. 

unknown (3).png