270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
QuickHead555

Florida District 1 Election 2020 (Matt Gaetz's district)

Hello! It's been awhile since I've been part of this community. Anyways, I am currently working on creating a campaign scenario for the Florida District 1 Representatives election for this upcoming year, and I am also planning on creating a Michigan District 3 scenario with the independent Justin Amash.

Although it really is not a competitive race, it is the district I live in so I am interested in making this scenario. I would be interested in any remarks or ideas you all have for events that I should include in this scenario.

Screenshot_1.png

I welcome the idea! Any Dem that can win Gaetz's district would have to be sufficiently conservative. Among issues, definitely the culture war/Trump stuff that Gaetz likes to play up would be important. That being said, there's only 5 counties, so the scenario itself may be more boring. Breaking it down further by enlarging the counties and highlighting individual cities (Santa Rosa, Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, etc) may be a good idea. Can't wait to play it though. 

19 hours ago, QuickHead555 said:

Hello! It's been awhile since I've been part of this community. Anyways, I am currently working on creating a campaign scenario for the Florida District 1 Representatives election for this upcoming year, and I am also planning on creating a Michigan District 3 scenario with the independent Justin Amash.

Although it really is not a competitive race, it is the district I live in so I am interested in making this scenario. I would be interested in any remarks or ideas you all have for events that I should include in this scenario.

Screenshot_1.png

Personally, full elections of the whole House of Representatives or Senate by CI would interest me a LOT more than individual House or Senate seat elections, but, oddly, those nationwide Congressional Elections seem rarer comparative to other types of election scenarios, unfortunately.

21 hours ago, mahlerman2000 said:

I welcome the idea! Any Dem that can win Gaetz's district would have to be sufficiently conservative. Among issues, definitely the culture war/Trump stuff that Gaetz likes to play up would be important. That being said, there's only 5 counties, so the scenario itself may be more boring. Breaking it down further by enlarging the counties and highlighting individual cities (Santa Rosa, Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, etc) may be a good idea. Can't wait to play it though. 

You have a point there, I will do some research, and see how I can make the district map, and how to divide it up to make it more interesting.

14 hours ago, bosco said:

Why you still use 2.6.9?

I now have the current updated version. I just got back into the game after a year or so, and forgot to update it.