270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

PC Historical Game Poll

PC Historical Game Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following games have you both played and enjoyed. (Check only if both apply).

• President Infinity, UK Infinity, Canada Infinity, or any of the Infinity games
    • Europa Universalis I, II, III, or IV
    • Crusader Kings I or II
    • Romance of the Three Kingdoms (any of the 13 versions)
    • Nobunaga's Ambition (any of the versions)
    • Two Seventy US Election
    • The Political Process
    • Civilization (any of them)
    • Total War (any of them)
    • Civil War I or II by Ageod
    • Hearts of Iron I, II, III, or IV
    • Nantucket
    • Thirty Years War by Ageod
    • Wars of Napoleon by Ageod
    • Victoria I or II
    • We. The Revolution
    • Assassin's Creed (any of them)
    • Age of Empires (any of them)
    • Dynasty Warriors (any of them)
    • None of these
  2. 2. Continued

• Call of Duty (any of them)
    • Railway Empire
    • Twilight Struggle
    • Uncharted Waters I or II
    • Guild I, II, or III
    • Evil Bank Manager
    • Plutocracy
    • Any Sherlock Holmes game by Frogwares
    • Walden
    • Caesar I, II, III, or IV
    • Railroad Corporation
    • Sid Meier's Pirates
    • Crisis in the Kremlin
    • Railroad Tycoon (any of them)
    • Port Royal I, II, or III
    • Imperator
    • Gangsters I or II
    • Oregon Trail
    • Red Dead Redemption I or II
    • none of these
  3. 3. Continue.

• Another game not mention above (comment below)
    • I can't think of any other historical PC game that I've both played and enjoyed.

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

New Poll

The other one was Sid Meier's Colonization. It's an old one - in fact it was made for DoS, not Windows, and the original version was installed from floppy disks.

3 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Do music and game history count? I love Chart Wars and GameBiz.

If you wish them to count. 

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

The other one was Sid Meier's Colonization. It's an old one - in fact it was made for DoS, not Windows, and the original version was installed from floppy disks.

I barely remember that one. 

@vcczar Holy Shit dude, thank you for introducing me to We. The Revolution and The Political Process. Definetly making it onto my buy list. Especially the latter, looks fantastic. Have you played it?

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar Holy Shit dude, thank you for introducing me to We. The Revolution and The Political Process. Definetly making it onto my buy list. Especially the latter, looks fantastic. Have you played it?

The Political Process looks a lot better than it is. The screenshots basically show the entire game. There are a lot of features but they're all so shallow that it's not fun.

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I've played the Political process a ton since it came out a couple weeks ago.  It's early release, but they release an updated version multiple times a day.  Not perfect, but definitely a solid game so far.  I hope some day they either add real politicians or allow them to be modded in, but I like what they have so far.

11 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

The Political Process looks a lot better than it is. The screenshots basically show the entire game. There are a lot of features but they're all so shallow that it's not fun.

Hmm, but what is shown, the elections and the policy-making, they aren't hokier than they are made out to be? I am reading a lot of really positive steam reviews.

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Hmm, but what is shown, the elections and the policy-making, they aren't hokier than they are made out to be? I am reading a lot of really positive steam reviews.

You should add me on steam and read my review.

Also, as a side note, my "other" is Age of Mythology: based on historical myths, with era accurate units aside from the mythological units.

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I've really enjoyed The Political Process with my 10ish hours I've put into it. One thing to keep in mind is that it is made by 1 developer, so the fact that several times a day bug fixes have come out shows that the developer really sees this as a passion project. 

The gameplay is very fun, though admittedly lacking in it's current state. The campaigns are tons of fun and based off of voter enthusiasm, voter turnout, name recognition, and your approval at your current position. Having low approval can sink you even if you run masterful campaign, which I like. The legislation is passed way too fast imo, but the dev has mentioned he wants to rework that and to make the AI propose legislation more. 

The dev has mentioned wanting to expand the game to include playing as appointed positions, a full judiciary system, better polling (theres no horse race polling as of now). It's a good game, but I wouldn't say it's near complete. It's well worth the 15 bucks though, and if the dev is as active as he promises to be it could be one of the top political sims of all time in a year or two. 

2 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Also, as a side note, my "other" is Age of Mythology: based on historical myths, with era accurate units aside from the mythological units.

I largely considered that effectively part of the Age of Empire series, because it had the same design team, the same original brand name, and the same general approach to gameplay and structure.

5 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I've really enjoyed The Political Process with my 10ish hours I've put into it. One thing to keep in mind is that it is made by 1 developer, so the fact that several times a day bug fixes have come out shows that the developer really sees this as a passion project. 

The gameplay is very fun, though admittedly lacking in it's current state. The campaigns are tons of fun and based off of voter enthusiasm, voter turnout, name recognition, and your approval at your current position. Having low approval can sink you even if you run masterful campaign, which I like. The legislation is passed way too fast imo, but the dev has mentioned he wants to rework that and to make the AI propose legislation more. 

The dev has mentioned wanting to expand the game to include playing as appointed positions, a full judiciary system, better polling (theres no horse race polling as of now). It's a good game, but I wouldn't say it's near complete. It's well worth the 15 bucks though, and if the dev is as active as he promises to be it could be one of the top political sims of all time in a year or two. 

Good to know!

9 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Where can I find it, I'd ask you in discord if it wasn't in the toilet currently.

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Good to know!

Where can I find it, I'd ask you in discord if it wasn't in the toilet currently.

Same username

5 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Same username

Your review gives me hope about the dev updating it.

Political process pro tip:

Declare for the Presidency right away, even if you are someone nobody has ever heard of, with no money.

PAC money will flow to you, use that money to train your staff to max level.  Use your awesome staff and money to campaign, do interviews, and release ads — but only in your home state.

After you reach 100% name recognition in your state, just stop.  Dedicate 100% of your time to fundraising, but stopping spending money.

You won’t win the Presidency, of course.  But you will be ridiculously rich and the most famous person in your state, which makes it super easy to become a Representative, Senator, Governor, etc.

Its cheating of course, but if you find the difficult frustrating, there’s your cheat.

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Political process pro tip:

Declare for the Presidency right away, even if you are someone nobody has ever heard of, with no money.

PAC money will flow to you, use that money to train your staff to max level.  Use your awesome staff and money to campaign, do interviews, and release ads — but only in your home state.

After you reach 100% name recognition in your state, just stop.  Dedicate 100% of your time to fundraising, but stopping spending money.

You won’t win the Presidency, of course.  But you will be ridiculously rich and the most famous person in your state, which makes it super easy to become a Representative, Senator, Governor, etc.

Its cheating of course, but if you find the difficult frustrating, there’s your cheat.

Becoming elected Mayor is always a lot of fun. I managed to turn Knoxville into the most far left city in the nation in just four years because all three of my proteges controlled seats on the 5 seat city council, meaning they rubber stamped everything I wanted. It does seem substantially more fun to be a Democrat than a Republican in the current state is a gripe of mine. 

5 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Becoming elected Mayor is always a lot of fun. I managed to turn Knoxville into the most far left city in the nation in just four years because all three of my proteges controlled seats on the 5 seat city council, meaning they rubber stamped everything I wanted. It does seem substantially more fun to be a Democrat than a Republican in the current state is a gripe of mine. 

I was on the city council when the extraordinarily conservative federal government (like 70% Republican House, 80% Republican Senate or something like that) eliminated FOOD STAMPS.

Just completely wiped them out.

Very interesting to watch things play out some times.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

I'll also tag @Actinguy and @Herbert Hoover . I did like We. The Revolution. I thought it was a lot of fun and it's challenging. I think the Political Process has a lot left to do. I got bored of it after a week because once you get everything passed that you want to get passed, you can't really do anything. There's also a lot of nothing you can do if you aren't holding office. It has a ton of potential though. 

I should also mention that I'm on steam under the same username I have here. 

@Herbert Hoover I played the long game last time I played: I changed the entire State's policies to first support minimum wage, then support lgbt rights, as a Republican. Slowly changing my positions to my irl ones, and bringing the State with me.

Thank you for The Political Process.Just installed it tonight and its so far so good 

18 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Thank you for The Political Process.Just installed it tonight and its so far so good 

I read about the game and it seems really great. I have a few questions on this:

Do you already know if you can play for an unlimited time or do you have to start always in 2015 when your politicians retires? 

Are there lists which show all the historical office holders?

Is there already an option to start playing in let's say 1789?

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I read about the game and it seems really great. I have a few questions on this:

Do you already know if you can play for an unlimited time or do you have to start always in 2015 when your politicians retires? 

Are there lists which show all the historical office holders?

Is there already an option to start playing in let's say 1789?

You can start in either 2015,2017,2019.I dont know if you can play for unlimited time.I didnt really play it for real,i am still just making "sacrificial lamb" characters to test various options.

No.

No.Either 2015,2017 or 2019