Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Who Would You Vote for in 2020?

Who Would You Vote for in 2020 Poll?  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. Select all of the following that are true for you?

    • I'll vote for Joe Biden over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Michael Bloomberg over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Pete Buttigieg over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Tulsi Gabbard over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Bernie Sanders over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Elizabeth Warren over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Kamala Harris over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote for Andrew Yang over Trump in the General Election.
    • I'll vote 3rd party over Trump or a Democrat in the General Election.
    • I would not vote in the general election even if I am eligible.
    • I'd vote for Hillary Clinton over Trump in the General Election if she were randomly the compromise selection during a contested convention.
    • I'd rather see Mike Pence as President than Trump.
    • I'd rather see Ted Cruz as President than Trump.
    • I'd rather see Trump president than any incumbent GOP Senator or GOP Governor.
      0
    • I'd vote for Trump over any of the Democratic candidates listed in this poll.
  2. 2. In 2016, I....

    • Supported Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton
    • Supported Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump
    • I supported a 3rd party or did not support anyone over supporting Trump or Clinton.
  3. 3. I'd put Trump's reelection chances as....

    • Much better than his chances of victory in 2016. It's his election to lose. Incumbency, economy, a strong base, and weak Democrats will cause him to prevail.
    • A tossup, but leaning Trump. The economy gives him a slight advantage in holding key battleground states.
    • Same as in 2016, a tossup, but leaning Democrat. Trump could still pull an unexpected upset yet again.
    • Much better chances for Democrats winning in 2020 than in 2016. It's the Democrat's election to lose. The incumbent is unpopular, unlikable and energizes the opposition as much as his base (if not more!). Democrats also won't be renominating the equally unpopular and unlikable Hillary Clinton.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Right now Gabbard is the most electable according to the forum, with Yang and Sanders close behind. Interesting.

It's almost like people like anti establishment candidates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Right now Gabbard is the most electable according to the forum, with Yang and Sanders close behind. Interesting.

Gabbard, Yang, Sanders, and Bloomberg now. Honorable mention to Biden, Buttigieg and Clinton(lol?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Right now Gabbard is the most electable according to the forum, with Yang and Sanders close behind. Interesting.

It’s because Democrats will vote for anyone over Trump. Apparently those who support Gabbard won’t do the same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

It’s because Democrats will vote for anyone over Trump. Apparently those who support Gabbard won’t do the same...

This.  Gabbard is the least appealing candidate to me, but I'd still take her over Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

It’s because Democrats will vote for anyone over Trump. Apparently those who support Gabbard won’t do the same...

 

42 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

This.  Gabbard is the least appealing candidate to me, but I'd still take her over Trump.

One could make the argument that Yang or Gabbard would be more electable because the left-leaning puritans vote like a “hostage” situation. Either you nominate my candidate or your election chances are dead. 

Many of them would rather have the candidate most different from them (a Republican) in the White House than someone left-leaning that has only a couple of major differences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

 

One could make the argument that Yang or Gabbard would be more electable because the left-leaning puritans vote like a “hostage” situation. Either you nominate my candidate or your election chances are dead. 

Many of them would rather have the candidate most different from them (a Republican) in the White House than someone left-leaning that has only a couple of major differences. 

I notice they also appeal to the most Right-Wingers, pealing them away from Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

I notice they also appeal to the most Right-Wingers, pealing them away from Trump.

I just don’t think it’s a fair thing that Democrats can’t just nominate someone who appeals to actual Democrats, that Republicans never look at who could appeal to Democrats, but we’re obligated to do that. I don’t think it’s a fair metric in a Democratic primary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I just don’t think it’s a fair thing that Democrats can’t just nominate someone who appeals to actual Democrats, that Republicans never look at who could appeal to Democrats, but we’re obligated to do that. I don’t think it’s a fair metric in a Democratic primary. 

Well I'm not a Democratic primary voter, I'm not interested in helping the Democratic party, I am an unpledged, independent-minded voter going into 2020 who is normally a conservative Republican. I, therefore, am not going to vote for Democratic nominees that appeal most to Democrats, I am going to vote for the nominee who appeals most to be whether that be the eventual Democratic nominee, a 3rd party candidate, or God forbid Trump if everyone else is horrid enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Well I'm not a Democratic primary voter, I'm not interested in helping the Democratic party, I am an unpledged, independent-minded voter going into 2020 who is normally a conservative Republican. I, therefore, am not going to vote for Democratic nominees that appeal most to Democrats, I am going to vote for the nominee who appeals most to be whether that be the eventual Democratic nominee, a 3rd party candidate, or God forbid Trump if everyone else is horrid enough.

Exactly. So as a non-Democratic primary voter, you shouldn’t have the power to influence inter-party voting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hestia11 said:

Exactly. So as a non-Democratic primary voter, you shouldn’t have the power to influence inter-party voting.

But this is a general election poll, so I'm not sure what point you're making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

But this is a general election poll, so I'm not sure what point you're making.

They’re saying Gabbard would get more backing from Republicans so therefore she should get more votes in the Democratic primary. That’s not how it works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

I just don’t think it’s a fair thing that Democrats can’t just nominate someone who appeals to actual Democrats, that Republicans never look at who could appeal to Democrats, but we’re obligated to do that. I don’t think it’s a fair metric in a Democratic primary. 

In Nebraska, if I were to be registered an independent, I could vote in either primary. It's not really fair to anyone that ultimately we end up with only 2 real candidates. 

 

Also McCain and Romney got the nomination in 08 and 12 partly because Republican primary voters thought Democratic voters would vote for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Well I'm not a Democratic primary voter, I'm not interested in helping the Democratic party, I am an unpledged, independent-minded voter going into 2020 who is normally a conservative Republican. I, therefore, am not going to vote for Democratic nominees that appeal most to Democrats, I am going to vote for the nominee who appeals most to be whether that be the eventual Democratic nominee, a 3rd party candidate, or God forbid Trump if everyone else is horrid enough.

I understand what you are saying and even agree, to a point.  You do have to make some consideration for who can win a general election matchup.  At the same time, it shouldn't be the only thing considered.

I'm an independent voter as well, having proudly backed Bush twice, then Obama twice, and having people as far right as Rick Perry on my short list in 2016. 

I think it would be a mistake to nominate a Bernie Sanders or an AOC (if she were old enough) or others from the "squad" as that would be a certain path to defeat.  

But we also can't JUST go with "who is most appealing to the maybe-not-Trumpers" (as opposed to the Never-Trumpers) because when Trump is gone we still need someone who is competent enough to actually lead our country through the next four years.

For me, the happy meeting point between "Competent" and "Can get elected" is Pete Buttigieg, though I also think Elizabeth Warren is a fair answer (I question her electability, but I also questioned Trump's, so what the hell do I know?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

It’s because Democrats will vote for anyone over Trump. Apparently those who support Gabbard won’t do the same...

What blanket statement. Every candidate has their fanatical supporters, maybe this would be the case if the DNC wouldn't have been caught cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

They’re saying Gabbard would get more backing from Republicans so therefore she should get more votes in the Democratic primary. That’s not how it works. 

A lot of states have open primaries. Yes Republican crossover won't help in states like New York. But here in Ohio if you're registered independent you get to choose what primary to vote in, therefore people who might normally vote Republican would be more inclined to vote in the Democratic primary for a candidate such as Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard, this is because of how the RNC is very much like the DNC in 2016 is rigging their primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

A lot of states have open primaries. Yes Republican crossover won't help in states like New York. But here in Ohio if you're registered independent you get to choose what primary to vote in, therefore people who might normally vote Republican would be more inclined to vote in the Democratic primary for a candidate such as Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard, this is because of how the RNC is very much like the DNC in 2016 is rigging their primary.

Nevermind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I would vote for any of the dems over Trump except Tulsi or Bloomberg, if that were the case I think I would go 3rd party. Could change though, I said the same about Hillary during the primaries and ended up voting for her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Yang, Buttigieg, and Sanders are the best bet according to our poll. They're the only ones that have more forum support than Hillary Clinton! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Seems like Yang, Buttigieg, and Sanders are the best bet according to our poll. They're the only ones that have more forum support than Hillary Clinton! 

Biden and Bloomberg were omitted from here despite being tied with Clinton. 

 

Yang has a sort of commanding lead though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Biden and Bloomberg were omitted from here despite being tied with Clinton. 

 

Yang has a sort of commanding lead though 

"tied" isn't "more forum support than." "Tied" would be "equal or better than." Therefore, they were not omitted out of error. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Seems like Yang, Buttigieg, and Sanders are the best bet according to our poll. They're the only ones that have more forum support than Hillary Clinton! 

True, but our forum is not representative of the wide array of American voters! ;c)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...