270soft Forum
admin_270

Biden is a rambling, incoherent mess

Agree with the rambling mess point, he got real creepy with the latest clip: 

1 hour ago, Patine said:

What exactly scare you about Sanders, if I may ask?

Although you may dismiss it as rhetorical or barbed, @Reagan04, it's actually not so at all, but is serious question?

This guy is really something else.

This latest bit has me wondering if there is anyone in Biden's family who is going to ask the question of whether Joe is up to the task of the Presidency at this stage.

The two candidates pushing 80 in this campaign are doing a great job of reminding voters why we typically don't vote for presidential candidates who are pushing 80.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, admin_270 said:

This is goofy, but it's also a couple years old and seems more like just one of his "Wacky Uncle Joe" moments than anything worrying about his mental sharpness. He's never been the most disciplined politician out there, and people pretty much know that he'll let out these head-scratchers from time to time. And I'm saying that as someone who's undecided about who to vote for in the primary at the moment and hasn't been impressed with Biden's debate performances.

4 minutes ago, RI Democrat said:

This is goofy, but it's also a couple years old and seems more like just one of his "Wacky Uncle Joe" moments than anything worrying about his mental sharpness. He's never been the most disciplined politician out there, and people pretty much know that he'll let out these head-scratchers from time to time. And I'm saying that as someone who's undecided about who to vote for in the primary at the moment and hasn't been impressed with Biden's debate performances.

“If you’ve ever thought of Joe Biden as a clueless but lovable clod, a well-meaning klutz who is predictable, friendly, and ultimately electable, I am in small part responsible for that image,” former Onion writer and features editor Joe Garden wrote in an essay published by Vice on Thursday. “And I’m sorry.”

10 minutes ago, RI Democrat said:

This is goofy, but it's also a couple years old

Thanks for this - I didn't know the date which is 2017.

It's beyond goofy - it makes me think there is something not right with him. That it's from 2 years ago makes it worse IMO.

Let's assume your (IMO charitable) interpretation of this kind of behaviour. Do we really want someone who has 'wacky' moments as POTUS?

3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Do we really want someone who has 'wacky' moments as POTUS?

Not really, but it would be against a candidate that routinely has wacky moments, sometimes even on Twitter. The most difficult thing about trying to diminish any Democratic candidate is that Trump's such a mess that that fact that he became president makes about anything presidential. Certainly, I don't want Biden, but I think one would have to fault Trump's personality flaws and mental flaws with equal vigor. The thing I like about Buttigieg (my 3rd choice) is that he is completely presidential in the way Obama is completely presidential, and I could see neither of these two gentlemen acting in anyway like Trump or Biden. 

19 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Thanks for this - I didn't know the date which is 2017.

It's beyond goofy - it makes me think there is something not right with him. That it's from 2 years ago makes it worse IMO.

Let's assume your (IMO charitable) interpretation of this kind of behaviour. Do we really want someone who has 'wacky' moments as POTUS?

Ideally no, but Biden's are mostly harmless and he hasn't shown any signs of erratic decision-making, which is what would concern me most about a "wacky" President. Like I said, I'm not sold on him, and I'm leaning towards voting for somebody else in the primary, but I wouldn't be worried that he's going to do something crazy if he does get elected. 

2 hours ago, RI Democrat said:

Ideally no, but Biden's are mostly harmless and he hasn't shown any signs of erratic decision-making, which is what would concern me most about a "wacky" President. Like I said, I'm not sold on him, and I'm leaning towards voting for somebody else in the primary, but I wouldn't be worried that he's going to do something crazy if he does get elected. 

He hasn't had to make any decisions of consequence in the last decade, so it's hard to say whether his decision making is erratic.

54 minutes ago, pilight said:

He hasn't had to make any decisions of consequence in the last decade, so it's hard to say whether his decision making is erratic.

The only decision I can specifically recall Biden making (other than staying out in 2016 and jumping into 2020) was when he got ahead of Obama regarding gay marriage.

In my mind, even though you normally don't want the VP in front of the President on a notable manner, I think he made the right call.

On the other hand, Hillary Clinton has said Biden was against the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden, while she was for it.  (Of course, some might not believe her regarding that.  I just submit it as an anecdote of another decision he made, which turned out to be wrong)

But to VCC's point, I agree entirely that Buttigieg is much more Obama-esque than Biden ever was or will be.  I know Obama won't endorse anyone until after they become the official nominee, but Obama's people keep making it clear that he's not actually 100% behind Biden.  

Three Obama officials (including Reggie Love, who was Obama's right hand man during the Presidency and they were rarely seen apart) have backed Pete today.  I would not be surprised at all if Obama actually prefers Pete as being more in his own image -- which will certainly help with black voters should Pete reach the general election.

28 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Wacky moment of the day: Biden just said to a person asking him a question 'Look, fat'. 🤣

Ha!  Didn't see that one, though I did see Biden call an Iowa voter "A damn liar" to his face.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Ha!  Didn't see that one, though I did see Biden call an Iowa voter "A damn liar" to his face.

He challenged that same man to an IQ test too, so weird. That's something I'd expect from Trump