270soft Forum
admin_270

Biden is a rambling, incoherent mess

Looking at various clips of Biden from the last while, all I can say to Dems is 'Don't do it. Back someone else.'

Warren, Sanders, and Buttigieg are all better candidates. They all have weaknesses, but it seems increasingly the case that Biden is unfit for office.

42 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Looking at various clips of Biden from the last while, all I can say to Dems is 'Don't do it. Back someone else.'

Warren, Sanders, and Buttigieg are all better candidates. They all have weaknesses, but it seems increasingly the case that Biden is unfit for office.

I agree with this assessment, but would add that Sanders' views are un-electable in 2019 USA.  People who might otherwise be furious at Trump will be scared enough by what Sanders proposes/represents that they might turn back to Trump in fear.

In my mind, both Warren and Buttigieg would be great Presidents -- I'm just not 100% sure Warren can win versus Trump.  I think Pete with his background as a Veteran brings such a sharp contrast to Trump in areas that matter most to Republicans (military service, religious beliefs) that he could absolutely trounce Trump.  With Warren, I'd say it's more of a 50/50 coin flip.

But whoever it turns out to be, I'll be proudly backing the Democrat come the general election.  

Even if it's Cruella Devi...sorry, I mean Tulsi Gabbard.  ;c)

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

add that Sanders' views are un-electable in 2019 USA

Ya, it might be that if voters more clearly looked at Bernie's policy proposals, his polling would drop.

6 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Even if it's Cruella Devi...sorry, I mean Tulsi Gabbard.  ;c)

If she doesn't get those dalmatian puppies then I'm voting for Trump

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

He's no more rambling and incoherent than Trump. The fact is that Trump's base support base aren't seemingly for someone with a platform, a vision, a head on his shoulders, or any leadership qualities - they seem perfectly fine in the deterioration and denigration of American culture and media and supporting - though they'll vociferously say otherwise, even aggressively - the Decline and Fall of the American Empire as a cultural Fifth Column from within who will claim to, ironically, be the most patriotic and nationalistic. Biden can't possibly be worse than that.

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I agree with this assessment, but would add that Sanders' views are un-electable in 2019 USA.  People who might otherwise be furious at Trump will be scared enough by what Sanders proposes/represents that they might turn back to Trump in fear.

I can't believe, after 65 years, the Ghost of McCarthy and all of it's bullshit bogus and lies, hasn't been put to rest in the U.S. Bernie Sanders is portrayed like a Cold War Far-Left Revolutionary, but he's a melba toast, moderate Social Democrat. He's not un-electable because of his own views. Because un-electable because the majority of Americans lack substantial education, or strongly believe lies and old debunked myths so firmly. This is another reason the two corrupt, criminal, and election-rigging political cartels - the Republican Party of the United States and the Democratic Party of the United States - whose leadership, for the majority party, belongs in prisons in for high criminals, not to remain comfortably, smugly, and arrogantly in power - remain firmly in power. It's hard to lose when the electoral engines and the courts are also partisan, the system is rigged criminally corruptly in one's favour, and all opposition is institutionally marginalized, like opposition parties in Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Uganda, Zimbabwe, etc. are.

19 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Have you watched recent highlight clips of Biden?

Claiming that the only "Blafrican-American" Senator in US History (ignoring Kamala Harris) was pretty bad. I would agree with @Patine that Trump is of Biden's incoherent-rambling imminence. 

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Trump is of Biden's incoherent-rambling imminence.

From your perspective, is this an argument for or against Biden?

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

From your perspective, is this an argument for or against Biden?

Against. However, it sort of renders the election between which incoherent rambler's policies do you prefer?

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

However, it sort of renders the election between which incoherent rambler's policies do you prefer

Trump sometimes rambles in his speeches, going from topic to topic, but it's conversational.

Based on what I've seen recently, Biden is beyond this.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Trump sometimes rambles in his speeches, going from topic to topic, but it's conversational.

Based on what I've seen recently, Biden is beyond this.

Can you attach a clip or transcript of an example that's beyond Trump rambling? Biden's main issue is that he trips over his words. Trump sometimes doesn't finish his sentences and goes off on tangents that are often unrelated. Both of them make errors of fact, intentionally or not. Both seem to have symptoms if mental aging and probably shouldn't be president of an entire country. I don't think either has the mental dexterity and processing power to really handle the job. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Can you attach a clip or transcript of an example that's beyond Trump rambling?

Do you mean of Biden that goes beyond him rambling or making simple gaffes?

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Do you mean of Biden that goes beyond him rambling or making simple gaffes?

Yeah

One difference between Trump and Biden's factual errors is it seems to me Trump's are calculated.

I'm not sure with Biden that he has a firm grasp on what happened and what didn't anymore.

He recently claimed he knew Kim Jong Un, but has never met him. Just a little exaggeration? Gaffe in the moment? Any one of these in isolation can be explained that way, but when they pile up, I think you have to look for another explanation.

My best explanation is that Biden's memory is slipping, not that these are calculated embellishments.

12 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

7 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

One difference between Trump and Biden's factual errors is it seems to me Trump's are calculated.

I'm not sure with Biden that he has a firm grasp on what happened and what didn't anymore.

He recently claimed he knew Kim Jong Un, but has never met him. Just a little exaggeration? Gaffe in the moment? Any one of these in isolation can be explained that way, but when they pile up, I think you have to look for another explanation.

My best explanation is that Biden's memory is slipping, not that these are calculated embellishments.

Yeah, I don't think Biden was very calculating even when he was young. 

The finger chomping image looks odd, but I wonder if he was trying to be funny or cute or something. If his eyes flashed and then he randomly did it, then he needs to drop out right away. 

I'm really hoping the other video is just a misstatement, but it's further proof he should probably drop out. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, I don't think Biden was very calculating even when he was young. 

The finger chomping image looks odd, but I wonder if he was trying to be funny or cute or something. If his eyes flashed and then he randomly did it, then he needs to drop out right away. 

I'm really hoping the other video is just a misstatement, but it's further proof he should probably drop out. 

If/when Biden drops out Clinton will jump in.

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

If/when Biden drops out Clinton will jump in.

I think she would only if he drops out before Jan 1st. 

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The finger chomping image looks odd, but I wonder if he was trying to be funny or cute or something.

To be clear, my impression is he was trying to be funny and cute. Still weird for a Presidential candidate to do that.

37 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think she would only if he drops out before Jan 1st. 

It’s literally too late for any candidate to join.

Especially Clinton, who already proved she could not stop Trump.

I was wondering if the Dems would have a 'deus ex machina' candidate at the last minute.

We got 2. Patrick and Bloomberg. These weren't exactly the kind of candidates I think many Dems were looking or hoping for, but we shall see.

4 hours ago, Actinguy said:

image.png.48bfb1f5c183ff09fed1e90da010dc9e.png

26 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I was wondering if the Dems would have a 'deus ex machina' candidate at the last minute.

We got 2. Patrick and Bloomberg. These weren't exactly the kind of candidates I think many Dems were looking or hoping for, but we shall see.

I don’t think we needed either of them. Buttigieg, Warren, Booker, and most of the others are more than enough. All are upgrades to Clinton too.