270soft Forum
Sean F. Kennedy

2019 Canadian Election

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

So I already have, if you look at my Alberta speech as well as my platform, the PPC is the only party calling for a new deal for Alberta as well as a restoration of Albertan oil, the cleanest and most ethically sourced oil in the world, we would end the government monopoly on Albertan farmers, as well as tax cuts and a balanced equalization formula which would help Alberta the most given that they suffer the most per capita from those things. Those are all of Fildebrandt and the FCP's major issues.

Oh, @Reagan04, as I'm not sure, did you notice my clarification on the origin of the Freedom Conservative Party? Though you are correct about their platform there, except for the notable (but not completely unanimous) membership by Alberta secessionists, while Bernier is at least mostly a Federalist, if he believes it possible.

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Oh, @Reagan04, as I'm not sure, did you notice my clarification on the origin of the Freedom Conservative Party? Though you are correct about their platform there, except for the notable (but not completely unanimous) membership by Alberta secessionists, while Bernier is at least mostly a Federalist, if he believes it possible.

I did. 

And yes, but Fildebrandt himself doesn't want to leave Canada or disrespect it if he can just get a fair shake. As he says, the problem is not Canada, it is the Confederation. So the PPC is running on a platform that would probably be favorable to the Albertan Right-Wing. Our electoral strategy is to explain to each riding why less government is specifically better for them, this is the message in the West and specifically Alberta if we can score this endorsement and candidate. We've done it in Manitoba so one can hope!

6 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I did. 

And yes, but Fildebrandt himself doesn't want to leave Canada or disrespect it if he can just get a fair shake. As he says, the problem is not Canada, it is the Confederation. So the PPC is running on a platform that would probably be favorable to the Albertan Right-Wing. Our electoral strategy is to explain to each riding why less government is specifically better for them, this is the message in the West and specifically Alberta if we can score this endorsement and candidate. We've done it in Manitoba so one can hope!

Yes, I noticed a post-Referendum post-Parizeau PQ vibe to Feldebrandt's views of dealing with the Federal Government, now that you mention it.

4 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

I did. 

Also, keep in mind that, while useful for moral support and canvasing and foot soldiers and such, the Freedom Conservative Party, as of the dropping of the Federal Election's writs, has no seats in the Alberta Legislature, much as the Alberta Party and Alberta Liberals currently don't. I'm uncertain of whether or not you looked at the post-Alberta 2015 Provincial Elections seats won, which is entirely UCP Government and NDP Opposition, and no one else, as of this session of the Legislature (the first time in Alberta history only two partisan labels alone have been represented, and the first one without at least one Alberta Liberal as a member, in Alberta history since Provincehood in 1905, in fact).

16 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

So I already have, if you look at my Alberta speech as well as my platform, the PPC is the only party calling for a new deal for Alberta as well as a restoration of Albertan oil, the cleanest and most ethically sourced oil in the world, we would end the government monopoly on Albertan farmers, as well as tax cuts and a balanced equalization formula which would help Alberta the most given that they suffer the most per capita from those things. Those are all of Fildebrandt and the FCP's major issues.

Okay looks like you will have that support. He has agreed to stand for the People's Party of Canada.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:26 PM, Dr. Insano said:

September 18th Polls

Conservatives 30%

Liberals 28%

New Democratic Party 13%

Bloc Quebecois 8%

People's Party 6%

Green 4%

(To relaunch everybody I started to do the maps according to the polls with undecided attribution)

(I will try to do one map by week)

@Reagan04 @TheLiberalKitten @WVProgressive @Dr. Insano @guythatsacentrist @Hestia11 runaway4444 @LegolasRedbard

The map https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=m10&fbclid=IwAR3VIXO6V21Pl3jw39OptqdN_Yr6zxNSaOKpoowRDi2qcqWjKAgoXwq-hO8

CBC radio

Canada.thumb.PNG.b7a4679037a1dac86099491fd7bc449d.PNG

CBC journalist : After a week of campain the Prime Minister seems to be in a difficult early campain.

CBC female correspondent : Yes ! These last days the Prime Minister has been quite attacked by his opponents, Mr. Blanchet and Mr Scheer who both want to win the Premier's seat of Papineau and NDP which claims to save its blue colar workers' seats.

In Montreal Island the Bloc has made a breakthrough, look at this blue

Montreal.PNG.eaaa5a6629faa912842fe4495338460d.PNG

Prime minister's seat of Papineau is now side by side with the blue.

CBC reporter : Is that the NDP definitively crushed in Quebec?

Female corres : Indeed, Outremont just passed blue ! The seat of Thomas Mulcair !

Same for Hochelaga Maisonneuve, Rosemont la petite Patrie and Laurier-Sainte-Marie, NDP losses in Quebec go for the Bloc.

CBC rep : But what about the Liberals and Trudeau's seat of Papineau?

Fem corr : Local polls tell they Prime Minister still benefits of a considerable margin, around 47% of Papineau constituents would vote for him against 30% for the Bloc Québécois, with 17 points ahead it will take a lot of efforts for the Bloc to unseat the Premier. @Hestia11

CBC rep What about the rest of the country?

Atlantic.PNG.1d59503cb3c4ed7bc9162c77b7dcf0d5.PNG

The Atlantic are really shared between Liberals and Conservatives but the Premier maintains a good advance, the NDP is back.

In Quebec the leader ot the PPC Maxime Bernier is still leading in his seat of Beauce but the Conservatives are close behind. @Reagan04

In Toronto area the Conservatives have started to rock in suburbs!

623796113_Torontarea.PNG.6006f3c8174aec8fa8150b7420ca79ea.PNG

If they manage to break from the suburbs to the town itself they could win a lot of seats.

The NDP takes back Jack Layton's seat.

CBC reporter : Incredible ! What about Western Canada?

Female corr : It's all Conservative !

1759468926_WesternCanada.PNG.6b626638d706442676a5f51b90d64579.PNG

Blue ocean some people would say.

CBC reporter : And what about British Columbia and Vancouver?

Female reporter : This will be one of the keys for this election.

Vancouver.PNG.15952fe91cb9e1e70dbcdc6ed89f9683.PNG

NDP takes back a lot of seats from Liberals in Vancouvert, the independent candidate and former Liberal minister who denounced SNC Lavalin case, former Attorney General of Trudeau is leading in her own constituency.

Conservatives are making gains from suburbs to the town of Vancouvert.

To conclude there are currently 2 blue wave, the one of the Conservatives in anglophone Canada, and another from the Bloc in Quebec.

The NDP took benefit of Trudeau's current weakeness but the Premier is not yet knocked out.

The PPC starts with quite a good campain, it's still unclear to know how many seats they will gain or even maintain their current.

The Greens are jeopardized by their direct rivals, Liberals and NDP, in Quebec the Bloc eats their vote, if the vote was held today they would only keep Elizabeth May's seat.

Let's just remember the huge amount of undecided electors.

Around 120 seats could flip during this election to 150 according to some experts, leader's strategy will matter.

Maxime Bernier and Derek Fildebrandt Rally for the PPC in Bow River, AB

Hello Alberta! It is an honor to be standing before you as a Candidate for Parliament under the People's Party's line! I'm running to represent Bow River in Alberta because the Tories simply can't or they absolutely won't. Either they are neglecting us or misrepresenting us and either way they are failing us. That is why I am proud to announce that the Alberta First Party, now better known as the Freedom Conservative Party, will be endorsing the PPC line in Alberta and that our candidates will help bolster PPC ranks in Alberta, starting with me here in my native Bow River! I'm running because Max and his PPC is the only party talking about the issues that matter to Albertans. They are the only party which, once in power, will give Alberta a new deal by ending the federal assault on our oil industry, fixing broken equalization programs, defending our culture, identity, and economy, and ending the government monopoly on our farmers and our trade. For too long, Ottawa has had too much say on what goes on in towns here in Bow River and in cities like Edmonton and Calgary which pay in much more than they get back. Alberta fuels Canada and yet Ottawa tries to paint us as an internal enemy. I'm running for Parliament to end that myth once and for all. The fact is that Alberta is good for Canada and Canada is good for Alberta. We are running simple to be heard and given fairness. We are running to end government dominance over the lives of not just Albertans but all Canadians. That's why the PPC remains a national party and national force for good; because it is. They are the only party committed to actually ending the deficit once and for all within the next two years, and paying off the debt over their next mandate. When the PPC takes power, fiscal prudence and small government management policies that work both here in Alberta and federally will be restored across Canada. These are the pocketbook issues that voters and families care about. We're talking about the prices of energy, heating, groceries, and your tax bill all being controlled and raised by your government. The PPC is the only party which will end government control of your lives. The PPC is the only party which can deliver the results to Alberta and to Canada that they desire. They are the only party out of the duopoly which hasn't continued to lie and steal your votes only to throw your concerns away when they form a government. It's time to say enough is enough and vote in Maxime Bernier as your next Prime Minister and give Albertans and average Canadians a voice in the next PPC government!

Image result for maxime bernier and derek fildebrandt"

Maxime Bernier and Derek Fildebrandt launch PPC-FCP endorsement in Alberta; Fildebrandt to run in Bow River

Following the campaign kickoff, Bernier announces Bow River as a focus riding in Alberta @Dr. Insano

(1/2)

---

Mark King speaks to concerned citizens about Opioid Epidemic in Nipissing-Timiskaming, ON

Thank you all for hosting me, I'm very happy to be here talking about the issues that matter to this community and to me. For too long we've seen the government turn a blind eye to our children and communities in favor of open border policies allowing drugs to flow in, I'm very happy to be here to talk more about what a PPC government will mean as far as changes for your families. We know we have an opioid epidemic and as a Councilman for the City of North Bay it breaks my heart to here the stories of constituents who have lost their lives, their homes, and their children to the epidemic. And it breaks my heart even more knowing that Ottawa won't do anything about it other than legalize pot and hope for the best! That's not a coherent public health policy and no matter your position on legalization, we ought to agree that the opioid epidemic is long from solved. That's why under a PPC government we'll actually secure our borders and vet the immigrants that seek Canadian residency to ensure our communities are kept safe from both crime and drugs. Maxime Bernier will make it a top priority to make your lives more affordable by cutting both your taxes and personal costs by ensuring that goods are made cheaper through free market competition and free trade. And we'll improve the quality of Canadian healthcare by cutting wait times imposed by the government monopoly. These are the common sense reforms that will be passed by a PPC government. It's all about common sense and freedom. That's how we make a strong and free Canada. That's how we get drugs off our streets and kids back into our homes and into schools. It all stems from the free society that Maxime Bernier and I will deliver you should you elect me this October. Now I'd be more than happy to hear your stories and questions.

King hears several parents stories before taking pictures and departing

(2/2)

---

Elizabeth May campaigns in Thunder Bay-Superior North for Bruce Hyer.

"Bruce Hyer has served as your MP before, and as a New Democrat, yet he realized that the Green Party is the best party, and the only party that is truly democratic, allowing MP's to put their conscience, and their constituencies first. Hyer will put the needs of working families first, unlike the corrupt Liberals who have sold Canadian's out with awful trade deals like the USMCA, and TPP-11. The SNC-Lavalin scandal shows that the Liberal parties priorities lie not, in the interests of the masses, but in the interests of the rich, and big corporations. Would a small business owner be granted the same deal as SNC-Lavalin? Of course not! Trudeau and the Liberals have spent four years engaging in unrepentant cronyism. If you want someone that will clean up the corruption we see coming out of Parliament, and fight for working Canadians, vote for Hyer."

Ooc: I will be able to continue starting tomorrow, had to cover shifts at work all week. 

Justin Trudeau appears in Calgary to talk oil

"The Liberal Party is not going to eliminate the oil industry," He starts out by saying. "Don't believe the lies and smears being brought by both our counterparts on the left and right. However," He continues. "That doesn't mean we're going to be setting up pipelines everywhere. We are going to be trying to diversify the Western economy to more broadly share what the rest of Canada has gone through in the past twenty years. We will be putting money out west!" He said to cheers. "The Liberals have not forgotten you. We fight for your vote. You think Scheer cares about your vote? No, he doesn't. He treats it as just one of many. But Liberals will fight for each one we can get, because we believe in our cause and we believe in you." 

Chrystia Freeland speaks in Montreal

"It's great to be back in Quebec," Freeland begins. "I love this province. So many of my good friends are from here. We will keep your interests, Quebec's interests, at heart while we govern. We have for the past four years, and we will do it for the next four. We put Quebeckers at the forefront of policymaking in Ottawa. The Bloc can't champion your interests, and the Conservatives won't. We will stand up for all people, regardless of where they're from. I'm sorry to say that I don't think our challengers measure up to that task."

Andrew Scheer holds a rally in Toronto discussing foreign relations

"Hello Toronto, what a fine city here. Anyway, the world in 2019 is not the greatest. We must safeguard the Canadian nation. A Conservative goverment will make sure Canada's interests are always put first. We will reclaim our rolr in organizations such as the NATO, NORAD, the Commonwealth, CANZUK etc. A Conservative goverment will recognize Jerusalem as the rightful capital of Israel. We will do this by officially moving the Canadian embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. We believe that we must we reprioritize our spending on foreign aid. A Conservative government will cut a by 25%. Lastly we will diversify trade partners from elsewhere to remove our dependence on American goods and look at emerging trade markets. It is time for YOU to get ahead!

Its time for YOU to get ahead!

JULY10_SCHEER_POST03.jpg

Jagmeet Singh begins campaigning in Quebec.

The first stop being right in Justin Trudeau's riding of Papineau

"Hello Quebecers! I'm here campaigning for my friend Christine Paré. Christine is campaigning in one of the riding that we are trying to turn orange. I'm sure all of you are sick and tired of the Prime Minister who has not dine enough for Canadians. All throughout Atlantic Canada, I heard from Canadians that they want this Prime Minister voted out. And I just know that you will vote out Justin Trudeau and vote in my friend, Christine Paré. She's going to work for you and not for corporations like this Prime Minister. Thank you everyone!" 

September 24th Polls

National with projected seats

Liberals 28.5% 141 seats

Conservatives 28.1% 132 seats

New Democratic Party 14.4% 24 seats

Bloc Quebecois 9.2% 35 seats

People's Party 6.0% 3 seats

Greens 5.8% 3 seats

40 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

September 24th Polls

National with projected seats

Liberals 28.5% 141 seats

Conservatives 28.1% 132 seats

New Democratic Party 14.4% 24 seats

Bloc Quebecois 9.2% 35 seats

Greens 5.8% 3 seats

I needed to adapt the map to most real result of 2019 😕

map https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=mev (you can check more precisely :) )

1155775889_Mapv2.thumb.PNG.2e6340a1755c6f78ed24de0b8ab7ad3c.PNG

September 24th polls !

PPC rocks in Winnipeg, Etobicoke North (Toronto area) and keeps Beauce.

(I'm going to play back the Bloc after it 😛 )

Bloc takes Gaspé from Diane Lebouthiller (Liberal Minister) and Quebec from Jean Yves Duclos (Liberal minister)

Also Hochelaga pass to the Bloc, but Laurier Sainte Marie stays Liberal with the liberal star candidate.

Conservatives still rocks in suburbs of Toronto and in British Columbia.

NDP maintains its gain in the center of Toronto.

Greens keep their current seats.

Liberals are stronger than in the previous poll but don't lead a decisive win.

3 debates to come :

TVA October 2 => Quebec 

CBC October 8 => English Canada

Radcan October 11 => French Canada

Crucial debates to come !

The Conservative Party releases its first TV ad.

Our first Televsion Advertisment has been released. This ad is a postive ad that gives details about Health Care. 

-Invest $1.5 billion to purchase MRI machines and CT machines to replace aging equipment and add new machines across the country.

-Maintain and increase funding to the Canada Health Transfer and the Canada Social Transfer according to the current formula.

-Develop a National Autism Strategy

-Implement a strategy that will encourage more orphan drugs to be developed in and brought to Canada, improve early detection of rare diseases and evidence-informed care, and promote innovative research.

-Remove federal income tax from  maternity and parental benefits by providing a tax credit for any income earned under these two programs.

This ad will be ran in

-All of the Greater Toronto Area

-Papineau

-Saanich-Gulf Islands

-Seats in Vancouver that are leaning Liberal

89c5196482dcb91a3d84d22a70940159.jpg_1200x630.jpg

3 hours ago, Dr. Insano said:

Damn that 6 keeps haunting me, gotta pump those numbers up!😛

Also which 3 seats if you don't mind?

11 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Damn that 6 keeps haunting me, gotta pump those numbers up!😛

Also which 3 seats if you don't mind?

(OOC I tried to find them for you according to best PPC shots of 2019 :)  (Etobicoke North, Beauce and Charleswood–St. James–Assiniboia–Headingley).

28 minutes ago, Edouard said:

(OOC I tried to find them for you according to best PPC shots of 2019 :)  (Etobicoke North, Beauce and Charleswood–St. James–Assiniboia–Headingley).

I doubt it would be Etobicoke North, it would more likely be Nipissing-Timiskaming or Bow River. But that's why I ask.

14 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I doubt it would be Etobicoke North, it would more likely be Nipissing-Timiskaming or Bow River. But that's why I ask.

(These were the 3 Mad Max targeted but I can switch it yes :) @Dr. Insano can decide and I will modify the map accordingly, as it's only a seat it's okay for me)

24th of September 2019

Yves François Blanchet in Tout le Monde en Parle :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "yves françois blanchet"

Guy A Lepage : What is your point about Canada?

Yves François Blanchet : I want to ask some questions to Scheer and Trudeau as well as May and Singh.

One about bill 21, the other about Transcanada.

Do you want to repeal bill 21? Will you challenge bill 21 in federal courts?

To Mr. Trudeau, will you apply Transcanada?

To Mr. Scheer, will you do the same?

The answer is clear :

Apart Monsieur Bernier, every others leaders are tended to, or will challenge bill 21 and Quebec secularism law which is approved by 70% of Quebec's citizens.

Mr Trudeau and Mr Scheer will implement a pipeline through Quebec, and they have to say it clearly so that the Quebecers only vote for the party which looks like them, the Bloc Québécois.

Elizabeth May campaigns in Malpeque for Anna Keenan

"Anna Keenan is a lot of things. She's a mother, she's a activist, she a community organizer. You know what she's not? A career politician! Anna is untouched by the corruption, and cynicism that characterises the established parties. If you're sick, and tired of the corruption, coming out of the Liberal, and Conservative parties, and are tired of the tepid, indecisiveness of the New Democrats, then vote for the only party that has the guts, to stick up to the powerful, on behalf of working families like yours. Vote for the only party with the guts to stand up for Canadians Civil-Liberties, and opposes bill C-51. Vote for the only party with the courage to take the needed action, on Climate Change. Vote for the Green Party. Vote Anna Keenan to be your next MP!" 

PPC releases ad targeted in focus constituencies in Western Canada: Two Sides; One Coin

Narrator: The Liberals and the Tories: Two Sides of the same Big Government coin in Ottawa

A coin is flipped into the air

The Liberals continue to increase the debt while the Tories make empty promises they never keep about cutting the debt they continue to let grow when they get into power

The coin continues flipping

The Liberals say they oppose Big Business but then turn around and impose government monopolies and corporate welfare. What do the Tories do? Look away.

The coin reaches its peak in the air as it begins to flip back down

The Liberals will do nothing to keep our border secure, and the Tories haven't made a peep

The coin is nearly on the ground as it flips over

And what do the Tories have to say about the Liberals attack on Canadian oil? Cricket effect plays

The coin crashes to the ground and rolls to the foot of Maxime Bernier, who picks it up

Maxime: I am tired of the two-party system dictating what the people of Canada can and cannot do and what policies we can and cannot implement. I am tired of the Tories and Liberals gate-keeping the same failed policies that make government richer and the people poorer. I am tired of Justin Trudeau and Andrew Scheer just sitting in Ottawa making their buddies richer off government monopolies and corporate welfare. And I'm tired of Ottawa stealing millions from Canadians and giving millions to others on the simple fact of where they were born. It's time we end this big government attack from the duopoly on the Canadian people and free market. It's time the people of Canada rose up to vote their values and throw away the two party system. Let's leave Trudeau's Liberals and Scheer's Tories behind, let's elect a new PPC government.

Max looks at the coin and chucks it behind him

I'm Maxime Bernier and I approve this message.

Bloc starts campain messages through multicultural seats such as Gatineau, Hull, Vaudreuil, huntingdon Papineai, Ahuntsic Laval and compton with this :

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "pub Bloc Québécois 2019"

Trudeau's campaign swings through Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary to speak about the environment and its effect on the economy.

Elizabeth May campaigns for Jenica Atwin in Fredericton

"The people of Fredericton are sick, and damn tired, of the political establishment, that caters to big business, and multinational corporation, at the expense of Canadian families, and small businesses. Jenica will put Fredericton first, unlike the untrustable Matt DeCourcey. DeCourcey and the Liberals said that 2015 would be the last Federal election that used FPTP, and the good people of Fredericton, elected them on that promise. Yet here we are! Four years later, and not a thing has changed! If you're tired of being constantly betrayed by the established parties, vote for the incorruptible Jen Atwin, and send the reprobates in Parliament a message!"