270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Biden v Hillary

I want to ask if people think that Biden is a better champion of so-called "moderate" views, or if Hillary would have a better time getting those views across? I'm not part of the group of people that think Hillary's going to run, I think it is an interesting question though. Scandals aside, I think that Biden's speech is considerably less coherent than Clinton's, so I'm inclined to say that she would have a better time in a debate format. What do you think?

12 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I want to ask if people think that Biden is a better champion of so-called "moderate" views, or if Hillary would have a better time getting those views across? I'm not part of the group of people that think Hillary's going to run, I think it is an interesting question though. Scandals aside, I think that Biden's speech is considerably less coherent than Clinton's, so I'm inclined to say that she would have a better time in a debate format. What do you think?

I think they’re just very similar ideologically. Biden might have an advantage because he is also likable and had been a Senator much longer. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I think they’re just very similar ideologically. Biden might have an advantage because he is also likable and had been a Senator much longer. 

I can see that, yeah.

15 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Hillary Clinton is a warmonger, a Wall Street and big corporate panderer, and was the biggest Democratic member in the U.S. Senate in 2003 cheerleading for the Iraq War. She also seems very sharp, and seems like the type who'd be unpleasant to deal with in person. She's also almost as dishonest and corrupt as Trump, possibly even moreso there. Between those two, I'd have to unequivocably support Biden, though he's far from perfect.

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Hillary Clinton is a warmonger, a Wall Street and big corporate panderer, and was the biggest Democratic member in the U.S. Senate in 2003 cheerleading for the Iraq War. She also seems very sharp, and seems like the type who'd be unpleasant to deal with in person. She's also almost as dishonest and corrupt as Trump, possibly even moreso there. Between those two, I'd have to unequivocably support Biden, though he's far from perfect.

Biden or Gabbard?

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Biden or Gabbard?

Here's my hierarchy:   Sanders=Warren > Obama > Yang > Buttigieg=Booker=O'Rourke > Biden > Castro > Gabbard > Steyer > Harris=Klobuchar >  Weld > Williamson >Romney=Kasich > Rubio > Walsh > Paul > Trump > Graham > Sanford  > Pence=Cruz

Rubio has been my line in the sand--my line of tolerance. I wish everyone less desirable to me than him would drop out of politics. They are neither helpful nor critically constructive to ideals of progress, modernization, science, or humanitarianism. 

According to this list, you'd see me voting Republican only if it were Weld vs. Williamson. If Weld, Romney, Kasich, or Rubio were president I wouldn't feel in despair. I'd also trust them in a crisis, even if I disagree with them most of the time. Pence or Cruz would be a nightmare to me. At least Trump can be random or shut down easily. He's easily the weakest president since Carter. The limp handshake of executive strength. 

12 hours ago, vcczar said:

Here's my hierarchy:   Sanders=Warren > Obama > Yang > Buttigieg=Booker=O'Rourke > Biden > Castro > Gabbard > Steyer > Harris=Klobuchar >  Weld > Williamson >Romney=Kasich > Rubio > Walsh > Paul > Trump > Graham > Sanford  > Pence=Cruz

Mine: Buttigieg > Warren > Biden > Booker > Bullock > Harris > Sanders > (Democrats below Sanders are akin to guaranteeing more Trump, so I've left them off) > Jeb Bush > Any Republican who has consistently resisted Donald Trump > Foreign Invasion By A Benevolent Power > Tulsi Gabbard > Foreign Invasion by a Neutral power > Christie > Kasich > Romney > Rubio > Foreign Invasion by a Hostile Power > Pence > Cruz > Nuclear Annihilation > Donald Trump

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Nuclear Annihilation > Donald Trump

I'm not that nihilistic or doom-saying. If the world can survive two terms of George W. Bush, it can SURVIVE two terms of Donald Trump, realistically - and probably in a bit better shape to boot - if only a bit better.