Jump to content
270soft Forum
Actinguy

Klobuchar Qualifies for next debate

Recommended Posts

Klobuchar just became the ninth candidate to clear the hurdles to make it to the November debate.

Of the 12 on the stage in October, only Castro, Gabbard, and Beto have failed to qualify so far for the next one.  They all have enough donors, but don't have the polling support.  

Beto is 2 polls shy.  Gabbard is 3 polls shy.  Castro hasn't had a single qualifying poll yet.

The others confirmed for November's debate are Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, Booker, Steyer, and Yang.

The invitation list will be finalized on November 13, so candidates still have a couple weeks to make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Klobuchar just became the ninth candidate to clear the hurdles to make it to the November debate.

Of the 12 on the stage in October, only Castro, Gabbard, and Beto have failed to qualify so far for the next one.  They all have enough donors, but don't have the polling support.  

Beto is 2 polls shy.  Gabbard is 3 polls shy.  Castro hasn't had a single qualifying poll yet.

The others confirmed for November's debate are Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, Booker, Steyer, and Yang.

The invitation list will be finalized on November 13, so candidates still have a couple weeks to make it.

I hope the candidates that don't make it to the November debate start to drop out. I'm a little surprised Gabbard isn't getting any poll boost from being singled out by HRC. You'd think she'd pick up more of the single-issue outsider candidate only voters might jump to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I hope the candidates that don't make it to the November debate start to drop out. I'm a little surprised Gabbard isn't getting any poll boost from being singled out by HRC. You'd think she'd pick up more of the single-issue outsider candidate only voters might jump to her. 

I think she reaaaally screwed herself with the Syria issue.  If folks are looking for an outsider, there's at least three who have already made the November debates -- arguably 4 if you include Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're no longer in summer. The DNC should divide the debate into an upper-tier and lower-tier.

If there are 9, have 4 and 5. If 10, 5 and 5. These large debates aren't actually debates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

We're no longer in summer. The DNC should divide the debate into an upper-tier and lower-tier.

If there are 9, have 4 and 5. If 10, 5 and 5. These large debates aren't actually debates.

I agree entirely.  12 candidates on one stage was promoted as "FIRST TIME EVER!!!". 

Well, yeah.  There's a reason it's never been done before:

Because it was stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...