270soft Forum
admin_270

Is Elizabeth Warren a Hillary Clinton 2.0?

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I agree with everything you said except that I think Hillary had more appeal and likability than Warren did. If I remember she was regularly voted the most looked-up-to woman in the US for like 8 years in a row or something, and had name recognition beyond niche political circles that Warren didn't enjoy (I'd say most Americans know who Elizabeth Warren is, but I'd say just about every American knows who Hillary is)

Why would anyone with any sense in their head and any moral centre whatsoever look up to Hillary Clinton. It would like looking to Donald Trump. It's the point where one should stop, think, and re-evaluate their priorities (something that political machines highly discourage people from doing).

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

Why would anyone with any sense in their head and any moral centre whatsoever look up to Hillary Clinton. It would like looking to Donald Trump. It's the point where one should stop, think, and re-evaluate their priorities (something that political machines highly discourage people from doing).

I can make a small defense for Clinton here. I think some would admire Clinton--or Pelosi--for their success in a male-dominated field (US National politics). That being said, they were helped by family and spouses already in politics. There's a recent photo of Pelosi, and you can't help but admire her in the photo. She's basically the only woman in the photo. There's no fear. She's putting a side of the table in their place. You don't even have to know who she is, but you see courage in the photo. Someone suggested it was sort of like a Norman Rockwell image or something--iconic--and it is. I'll attach it below. But one can say that they admire something about someone while thinking that, on the whole, they are generally lacking. For instance, Napoleon was both awful and magnificent, a barbarian but sometimes ahead of his time. 

191017-pelosi-trump-al-1050_dabef81f9dd578a388b78e92cc6ec5b7.fit-760w.jpg

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I can make a small defense for Clinton here. I think some would admire Clinton--or Pelosi--for their success in a male-dominated field (US National politics). That being said, they were helped by family and spouses already in politics. There's a recent photo of Pelosi, and you can't help but admire her in the photo. She's basically the only woman in the photo. There's no fear. She's putting a side of the table in their place. You don't even have to know who she is, but you see courage in the photo. Someone suggested it was sort of like a Norman Rockwell image or something--iconic--and it is. I'll attach it below. But one can say that they admire something about someone while thinking that, on the whole, they are generally lacking. For instance, Napoleon was both awful and magnificent, a barbarian but sometimes ahead of his time. 

191017-pelosi-trump-al-1050_dabef81f9dd578a388b78e92cc6ec5b7.fit-760w.jpg

It's reminiscent, thematically, to a scene in "The Iron Lady," with Helen Mirin. I couldn't stand Thatcher, either.

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

She's putting a side of the table in their place. You don't even have to know who she is, but you see courage in the photo.

I think one largely takes from that photo what one brings to it. I don't get much out of it - it looks like Pelosi is grand standing. She's the leader of a co-equal branch of government, so it ought not to take much courage to object to terms being used in a meeting with the leader of another co-equal branch of government and leave.

Just now, admin_270 said:

I think one largely takes from that photo what one brings to it. I don't get much out of it - it looks like Pelosi is grand standing. She's the leader of a co-equal branch of government, so it ought not to take much courage to object to terms being used in a meeting with the leader of another co-equal branch of government and leave.

I would definitely agree with you if Pelosi were Chuck Schumer in this photo. The power in the image comes from her being basically the only woman in the room and appearing to be commanding the room. Try to take in the image without the context, as if you are looking at it in a museum and you know nothing of US politics. 

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The power in the image comes from her being basically the only woman in the room and appearing to be commanding the room.

I'm sure some see it that way. I see Nancy Pelosi grand standing. But I admit I laughed out loud at this.

pelosi_trump_cat.jpg.a2cf3dd0bb8b0963f2ed9d2fadc3cb9e.jpg

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I'm sure some see it that way. I see Nancy Pelosi grand standing. But I admit I laughed out loud at this.

pelosi_trump_cat.jpg.a2cf3dd0bb8b0963f2ed9d2fadc3cb9e.jpg

Oh yeah, I've seen that meme. Funny how that lines up that way. However, Pelosi looks fairly calm and controlled, outside of limply pointing a finger. The cat face more accurately reflects Trump's face, in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

@admin_270 I should also add that I think @ThePotatoWalrus has a rather simplistic view of women, based off his comments over the years. I'd go so far as to boil it down to 1) If they're an attractive woman Democratic politician, they aren't Hillary 2.0; 2) If they are an unattractive woman Democratic politician, they are Hillary 2.0. 

Checks out

17 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Checks out

Almost every single you've posted for a while makes me more and more believe that your claims of such a high IQ and such great education must just be utter fabrication and lies to make yourself seem self-important and special.