270soft Forum
Actinguy

Kasich supports impeachment

Republican 2016 Presidential Candidate and Former Ohio Governor John Kasich has come out in favor of impeachment, calling Mulvaney's public confession that there was quid pro quo on the Turkey/Biden deal "The Final Straw."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/final-straw-gop-ohio-gov-kasich-supports-impeachment/9W1rf2zQ0xrblSWrJ1cx8K/?fbclid=IwAR0NirIRYhiZhrbDR2QExvUkb3XKnU80ilkwyJ2GUOzjy1MipujfhfhCXvA

20 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Republican 2016 Presidential Candidate and Former Ohio Governor John Kasich has come out in favor of impeachment, calling Mulvaney's public confession that there was quid pro quo on the Turkey/Biden deal "The Final Straw."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/final-straw-gop-ohio-gov-kasich-supports-impeachment/9W1rf2zQ0xrblSWrJ1cx8K/?fbclid=IwAR0NirIRYhiZhrbDR2QExvUkb3XKnU80ilkwyJ2GUOzjy1MipujfhfhCXvA

Excellent. Probably won’t change any GOP member’s minds but at least Kasich will probably come out on the right side of history in future textbooks and history books. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Excellent. Probably won’t change any GOP member’s minds but at least Kasich will probably come out on the right side of history in future textbooks and history books. 

Could be impactful here in deep red Ohio.  He managed to win the past two governor elections (not including 2016, when he was term limited.)

4 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Could be impactful here in deep red Ohio.  He managed to win the past two governor elections (not including 2016, when he was term limited.)

I hope you are correct. I think Rob Portman is also a Senator that I could see flipping for impeachment at some point. 

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I hope you are correct. I think Rob Portman is also a Senator that I could see flipping for impeachment at some point. 

29 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I want to see it from DeWine before I believe anything is happening.

9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I doubt he will but that would probably signal that Trump is in danger of losing his office, either through conviction or through electoral defeat. 

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

That’s fair, but dewine has future elections to worry about so I don’t expect him to lead on this.  Kasich has the freedom to.

43 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

That’s fair, but dewine has future elections to worry about so I don’t expect him to lead on this.  Kasich has the freedom to.

I mean DeWines future is Gov in 2022 and that's probably it, he's not a spring chicken. Husted, on the other hand, is something of a rising star.

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Doubtful.  Kasich did not endorse Trump in 2016 and skipped the Republican National Convention hosted in Ohio.  No one cared.  Trump beat Clinton by over 8% in Ohio.

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I doubt it, unless Kasich primaries him in 2022. I think Kasich would easily win. 

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

That and DeWine has no spine whatsoever. Kasich many times fought against the far right of his party here in Ohio. I'd take Kasich back over DeWine any day of the week  

21 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Doubtful.  Kasich did not endorse Trump in 2016 and skipped the Republican National Convention hosted in Ohio.  No one cared.  Trump beat Clinton by over 8% in Ohio.

It's just too bad that the voters of Ohio - and every other U.S. State - didn't have a REAL choice of candidates in the General Election, and certainly none with any integrity, leadership, or positive vision for the country. If there had been, both Trump and Clinton would have deserved to be beaten by double digits - both in the same election.

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

It's just too bad that the voters of Ohio - and every other U.S. State - didn't have a REAL choice of candidates in the General Election, and certainly none with any integrity, leadership, or positive vision for the country. If there had been, both Trump and Clinton would have deserved to be beaten by double digits - both in the same election.

Couldn't agree more 

2 hours ago, Dr. Insano said:

That and DeWine has no spine whatsoever. Kasich many times fought against the far right of his party here in Ohio. I'd take Kasich back over DeWine any day of the week  

DeWine had the spine to sign the heartbeat bill unlike Kasich who folded.

Ohio loves Trump and hates Kasich now. We liked him back in '16 but we're not fans of him now. DeWine is def a huge conservative that will never come out against Trump but he's starting to lose popularity now too. Husted will probably be our next governor as I see Ohio as a moderate GOP stronghold (as long as the GOP has a populist candidate) but Husted is definitely a rising star.