270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Gabbard 3rd party

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/466460-clinton-suggests-russia-grooming-gabbard-to-run-as-third-party-2020

Would you be elated, neutral, or irate if Gabbard decided to run 3rd party in the General Election.

I know I would be irate enough to punch her in the face if she walked by me. I'd say the same to anyone left of center that was running an independent 3rd party bid in the general election. But I am being partisan about this, as I would be elated if those right of center were running against Trump

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/466460-clinton-suggests-russia-grooming-gabbard-to-run-as-third-party-2020

Would you be elated, neutral, or irate if Gabbard decided to run 3rd party in the General Election.

I know I would be irate enough to punch her in the face if she walked by me. I'd say the same to anyone left of center that was running an independent 3rd party bid in the general election. But I am being partisan about this, as I would be elated if those right of center were running against Trump

Elated. She should. 

29 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Remember when she was warning that Trump wouldn't accept the 2016 election results?

Gabbard or Clinton?

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Well maybe the DNC should stop putting its thumb on the scale with their buddies in the media. Then the danger of a third-party run won't happen, the DNC and the media needs to stop forcing candidates like Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg on us. Not very smart to say you'd "punch her in the face". It makes you look bad and  I know you (hopefully) don't really mean that. Also why should we care what Hillary Clinton has to say? She is almost as much as a habitual liar as Trump.

1 minute ago, Dr. Insano said:

Well maybe the DNC should stop putting its thumb on the scale with their buddies in the media. Then the danger of a third-party run won't happen, the DNC and the media needs to stop forcing candidates like Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg on us. Not very smart to say you'd "punch her in the face". It makes you look bad and  I know you (hopefully) don't really mean that. 

Honestly, I don't care if it makes me look bad as I think what the insurgent candidate would be doing is far far worse---allowing Trump to be reelected. This isn't an ideological bias. I would punch Ruth Bader Ginsburg, AOC, Clinton, Sanders, Biden, Warren, Obama, Manchin, Buttigieg, Harris, etc., in the face if they ran an independent bid against the Democratic nominee too, even if that nominee were Gabbard, Biden, Harris, Sanders, or Warren. Sanders and Warren are my preferred candidates. But in the end, yes, I'll punch Gabbard or any center-left person running against the Democratic nominee as an independent in the general election if they walk passed me because their candidacy does NOTHING to help defeat Trump; it only helps defeat the Democrat. 

Tulsi is an idiot.I dont understand my fellow progressives that like this crazy narcissistic person.Shes nothing better than a female Trump.Althrough,i dont believe much of what Hillary says so i hope she is wrong this time too.

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Honestly, I don't care if it makes me look bad as I think what the insurgent candidate would be doing is far far worse---allowing Trump to be reelected. This isn't an ideological bias. I would punch Ruth Bader Ginsburg, AOC, Clinton, Sanders, Biden, Warren, Obama, Manchin, Buttigieg, Harris, etc., in the face if they ran an independent bid against the Democratic nominee too, even if that nominee were Gabbard, Biden, Harris, Sanders, or Warren. Sanders and Warren are my preferred candidates. But in the end, yes, I'll punch Gabbard or any center-left person running against the Democratic nominee as an independent in the general election if they walk passed me because their candidacy does NOTHING to help defeat Trump; it only helps defeat the Democrat. 

Making 'Trump' the issue in the election also does nothing to help defeat him, but so far everyone seems cool with that approach.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I know I would be irate enough to punch her in the face

Punch her in my name too.

8 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Making 'Trump' the issue in the election also does nothing to help defeat him, but so far everyone seems cool with that approach.

Thank you!  I also hate the assumption that I get (not on this forum) that just because I'm against the Democratic National Committee and neoliberal Democrats that therefore I like Trump. No I simply recognized that the corruption of the DNC and neoliberalism since Bill Clinton is what gave us Trump. 

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

And having this mindset is only repeating the same mistakes in 2016. Trump is not the problem he is merely a symptom of the problem of frankly both parties establishments ignoring the people. Trump is obviously a fake populist who didn't mean half of the stuff he campaigned on. I severely doubt that Tulsi would run third-party.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

Well maybe the DNC should stop putting its thumb on the scale with their buddies in the media. Then the danger of a third-party run won't happen, the DNC and the media needs to stop forcing candidates like Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg on us. Not very smart to say you'd "punch her in the face". It makes you look bad and  I know you (hopefully) don't really mean that. Also why should we care what Hillary Clinton has to say? She is almost as much as a habitual liar as Trump.

I fully agree here, and I think I've mentioned this before. The media outlets, the DNC, and (though not as big a deal this election, certainly in others) the RNC should not be allowed to keep their gatekeeper powers over the electoral process that no law, official regulation, referendum, and certain not the U.S. Constitution have ever given them - in fact, they should be charged as organizations for the vast amount of criminal electoral malfeasance and interference they've committed so far and have their future role limited the level party executives and a passively observant and commentating media would have in many other First World Nations. In fact, the Democratic and Republican Party apparti have become far too intertwined directly with the actual organs of governance and the electoral engines - which are the only electoral commissions in the First World not mandated by LAW to be under non-partisan control - much more intertwined than is typical of any other First World Nation except Singapore or Hungary (and are the PAP and Fidesz great icons of fairness and lack of abuse of their immense power over government?), but is much more typical of the intertwinement of party and government found in "dominant party" systems in many "emerging Democracies" in Africa, Asia, and South American, or "party of power" systems in some of the post-Soviet States - most infamously, United Russia in Russia. The two main parties must be disentangled from the apparati of governance if the United State is truly to have election contested, free-and-fair elections where the voters are given any real choice of their leadership and elections between horrible monsters either way, like 2004 or 2016, and it should NOT be an absolute and irrefutable fact that voting for a Third Party or Independent is throwing away one's vote or a protest vote - the seeming fact it is shows electoral corruption and rigging RIGHT THERE.

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Very elated

Probably for all the wrong reasons, but socio-political conviction and showing a coherent set of beliefs, or even wanting to better your own country (or lacking delusional thinking enough to realize it desperately needs bettering and can't float by "resting on it's laurels" forever) are not strong points you've shown on these forums.

33 minutes ago, Patine said:

Probably for all the wrong reasons, but socio-political conviction and showing a coherent set of beliefs, or even wanting to better your own country (or lacking delusional thinking enough to realize it desperately needs bettering and can't float by "resting on it's laurels" forever) are not strong points you've shown on these forums.

Thought you hated the duopoly system? Aren't more candidates running on their own merits an improvement?

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Thought you hated the duopoly system? Aren't more candidates running on their own merits an improvement?

Not when it's made meaningless when the corrupt, rigged, illegally controlled system is still in power. Gabbard does not even the advantages Perot did in the '90's, where they couldn't shut him out of TV advertising and coverage (which is one of biggest tactics the DNC and RNC, and their cronies in the blatantly and unprofessionally biased American news media - which is why I far prefer things like CBC, Global, Southam, BBC, and even Al Jazeera to American news outlets for news coverage), because he personally owned a big empire of cable networks.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

Neutral.  I would expect her to get about 0.4% of the vote...not entirely unlike her performance in the Democratic Primaries.

Gabbard already said months ago that she wouldn't.  Sore loser laws and simultaneous registration schemes make it unrealistic, if not impossible.

Gabbard responds to Clinton, calls for her to join the race. 

20191018_154659.jpg

7 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

20191018_154659.jpg

Thats actually a great response, from a PR perspective.

That said, claiming that it’s Gabbard versus ANYONE in the primary right now is an insane leap too far.

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

That said, claiming that it’s Gabbard versus ANYONE in the primary right now is an insane leap too far.

It does smack of someone that has a lot of self-importance and with a hint of delusion. While Gabbard's policies are probably the closest to mine after Sanders and Warren, I can't stand her. She's very self-absorbed. If it were a race between Gabbard and Clinton, I'd probably still support Gabbard over her, but I'd do so without enthusiasm. I went in kind of liking Gabbard as a candidate (minus her past w/ LGBT), and with each passing month I get less disenchanted with her. I follow her and all the other candidates on Twitter and her posts are almost always about herself, often her showing off at the gym and things like that. She should drop out and endorse Sanders. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It does smack of someone that has a lot of self-importance and with a hint of delusion. While Gabbard's policies are probably the closest to mine after Sanders and Warren, I can't stand her. She's very self-absorbed. If it were a race between Gabbard and Clinton, I'd probably still support Gabbard over her, but I'd do so without enthusiasm. I went in kind of liking Gabbard as a candidate (minus her past w/ LGBT), and with each passing month I get less disenchanted with her. I follow her and all the other candidates on Twitter and her posts are almost always about herself, often her showing off at the gym and things like that. She should drop out and endorse Sanders. 

11 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

And to add to what I said. I do agree with Gabbard that Clinton personifies what is wrong with the Dem establishment. 

46 minutes ago, pilight said:

Gabbard already said months ago that she wouldn't.  Sore loser laws and simultaneous registration schemes make it unrealistic, if not impossible.

Sore loser laws strike me as unconstitutional. Because political parties and partisan nomination are not mentioned once in the U.S. Constitutional, and nomination should be an affair of party regulation, and not public law, these laws strike as a blatant overreach and abuse of power over government legislation by partisan leadership, and more falls into my statement of the corrupt and inappropriate integration of the two main parties directly with government apparatus in a way that violates the electoral and governing process and is very much akin to what United Russia has in Russia or ZANU-PF has in Zimbabwe.

31 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

20191018_154659.jpg

This is honestly disgusting. Just let the woman reside in peace for her retirement. These aren't her proxies. Get a grip. 

20 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

This is honestly disgusting. Just let the woman reside in peace for her retirement. These aren't her proxies. Get a grip. 

Well she is definetly becoming more of a troll in her golden years, though she's long overdue for some fun.