270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jnewt

Sanders Receives Endorsements from 3/4 of the Squad

9 hours ago, Actinguy said:

You take Bernie Bro to be derogatory.  That's not how I meant it.

But here come the personal attacks against me.  Predictable.

Imagine being so thin-skinned and unironically taking 'Bernie Bro' as an insult lmfao. People. We actually live in a society.

16 minutes ago, pilight said:

Yang had it right at the debate.  As long as the Democrats are talking about Trump, they're losing.

I disagree.  I personally know a lot of Republicans in the swing state of PA who are horrified by Trump.  They need to be reminded of that if they're going to bite the bullet and vote for a Democrat.

12 hours ago, Patine said:

Unfortunately, "Anti-Trump" is not really a cohesive or unifying socio-political ideology in and of itself, and it's not like toxicity has been unique to those who disagree with you - whom you tend to treat with condescension, contempt, and derision, and show an arrogant, self-righteous attitude toward, whether you actually see and acknowledge it or not. You are not an innocent victim in this mudslinging. That said, I'm willing to move on.

And you claim to be not self-righteous or condescending?

6 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I disagree.  I personally know a lot of Republicans in the swing state of PA who are horrified by Trump.  They need to be reminded of that if they're going to bite the bullet and vote for a Democrat.

Trump reminds them about himself every day.  The Democrats need to present a reason to vote for them, not just a reason to avoid voting for Trump.

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

And you claim to be not self-righteous or condescending?

Actually, if you read, I didn't make such a claim. I realise I, like a number of other posters here, have come across as quite obtuse and unpleasant in the presentation of my opinions. I didn't say or imply once in that post you quoted my innocence in that regard. What I was doing, however, was trying to debunk the claims of innocence from being a full contributor to the toxic discussions, the claims of never being self-righteous and arrogant himself, and the claims of being an inexplicably targeted victim, that Actinguy seemed to show in the post my post responded to, and has generally tried to maintain the façade of. So no, I have much more introspection on the topic than you give me credit for - and certainly more than Actinguy ever shows.

41 minutes ago, Patine said:

Actually, if you read, I didn't make such a claim. I realise I, like a number of other posters here, have come across as quite obtuse and unpleasant in the presentation of my opinions. I didn't say or imply once in that post you quoted my innocence in that regard. What I was doing, however, was trying to debunk the claims of innocence from being a full contributor to the toxic discussions, the claims of never being self-righteous and arrogant himself, and the claims of being an inexplicably targeted victim, that Actinguy seemed to show in the post my post responded to, and has generally tried to maintain the façade of. So no, I have much more introspection on the topic than you give me credit for - and certainly more than Actinguy ever shows.

The thing is, you were claiming someone on this forum was being condescending, when you in fact have done the same thing to other posters here, notably Ido.

49 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The thing is, you were claiming someone on this forum was being condescending, when you in fact have done the same thing to other posters here, notably Ido.

But I am not claiming innocence to that charge. I'm trying to clear the air to move on. I fully admit, I have been an ass here at times, and I have at times been condescending. I'm not denying it. But Actinguy is denying doing so himself. To move on, it must be clear where EVERYONE was wrong, so more productive ways of doing things can be gone forward into. But, when certain posters are in complete denial of any part of the unpleasantness, and hold themselves to a non-existent stance of "righteousness and being the inexplicable victim," and claim the toxic environment was just "other posters" entirely, then they cannot be trusted to leave the toxic environment behind and move on, because they believe they've nothing wrong. As for Ido, I've just today started to engage him more productively, as a matter of fact.

Just now, Patine said:

So, I assume your Inquisition is finished, @Hestia11, and we can move on with hopefully more productive activities on these forums?

When I do not reply, that's what I mean, yes. Also inquisition should be not capitalized as otherwise it means a condescending term ;)

Just now, Hestia11 said:

When I do not reply, that's what I mean, yes.

I'll that keep that in mind for the future. Some people are more ambiguous by silence, so I had to make certain.