270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheMiddlePolitical

I'm running for my cities controller :)

I am running for my cities controller (Unopposed) After within the last year starting my home counties young democrats,and becoming a Democrat committeman, I am running for my city's controller :D

13 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I am running for my cities controller (Unopposed) After within the last year starting my home counties young democrats,and becoming a Democrat committeman, I am running for my city's controller :D

https://www.facebook.com/Candidate-Dakota-Mikita-211544606277797/

Please like the page for more popularity :)

(I am running a write-in,unopposed as far as I know)

Is a "controller" the same thing as a "comptroller"? I've never heard of a city "controller" before.

12 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Is a "controller" the same thing as a "comptroller"? I've never heard of a city "controller" before.

Yes-But we work directly with the council,Which I was told is the only difference.

53 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

https://www.facebook.com/Candidate-Dakota-Mikita-211544606277797/

Please like the page for more popularity :)

(I am running a write-in,unopposed as far as I know)

Sounds fishy to me. A write-in, unopposed? Must either be a worthless office, a true sinecure, an albatross, or a hot potato.

38 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Yes-But we work directly with the council,Which I was told is the only difference.

Not trying to be a dick, but what exactly qualifies you to be a controller/comptroller? They usually have expertise in accounting and/or finance. Are you majoring in one of these? Or do you have some experience in them?

Good luck

I don’t know you, of course, but I do know Uniontown.  I went to school at Cal U before dropping out to join the military (and eventually graduating from Penn State).

Its a troubled area.

They are going to need a controller who has passed Math 202.  

I commend you for your leadership in your community and caring about issues.  The next step is to focus on your education, so that you gain the knowledge required to guide your community to prosperity.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Can you provide any proof of this? It just seems difficult to believe as you have difficulty with grammar and spelling often on the forums, and it it's hard to see a public official with that kind of difficulty with English. 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Is the position full-time, and what is the salary?

20 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Is the position full-time, and what is the salary?

I actually looked up the requirements for the position.  You have to keep the books for the city -- meaning balancing budgets, accounting for every penny.  You also need to conduct audits of other organizations.

That's one of the those jobs where it is extremely possible to end up going to jail for incompetence.

Or if anyone in the city is engaged in corruption in any way, sounds like you could be an easy fall guy - or at least collateral suspect. No wonder it's not so heavily contested. It sounds like the kind of office that in Canada, and almost all Commonwealth countries, would just be civil service appointment or promotion - and it probably SHOULD be in the U.S. too. Then again, so should county sheriffs and judges, honestly.

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I was elected student body president back to back until they banned me from running again

The latter part is no surprise. School body political structures don't want people trying to play Trump in microcosm, or making a fool of themselves, and other inappropriate behaviours. If only real politicians could so chastened. In fact, if only they were able to have REAL and PROPER justice be able to be levied against. But since the United States, as a nation, completely lacks the entire concept of justice - they only have law-enforcement and punishment, but no actual justice - it's no surprise. And I'm not referring to social justice - I'm referring to justice itself.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

The latter part is no surprise. School body political structures don't want people trying to play Trump in microcosm, or making a fool of themselves, and other inappropriate behaviours. If only real politicians could so chastened. In fact, if only they were able to have REAL and PROPER justice be able to be levied against. But since the United States, as a nation, completely lacks the entire concept of justice - they only have law-enforcement and punishment, but no actual justice - it's no surprise. And I'm not referring to social justice - I'm referring to justice itself.

Only you would rant against a school's political system

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Only you would rant against a school's political system

If you read my post (which obviously you didn't), my statements on school political systems were matter-of-factly and understanding of why they'd stop you from running. My condemnation was on an a moving up to Federal politics, and wishing many toxic American politicians could be shut down so easily. Please READ my posts before making smart-ass comments next time.