270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

Which Candidate Can be a Great President Poll?

Who Can Be a Great President?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming they can win the primary and general election in 2020, who do you think most likely has what it takes to become a top 10 US President of all time?

• Biden
    • Warren
    • Sanders
    • Buttigieg
    • Harris
    • Booker
    • O'Rourke
    • Yang
    • Klobuchar
    • Castro
    • Gabbard
    • Steyer
    • Trump
    • No one on this list has the ability to be a top 10 president even if the situation is dire enough to allow greatness.
  2. 2. If Trump loses his bid for a 2nd term, where do you think he will be ranked in most presidential rankings, according to presidential rankers (not according to you)?

• Top 10
    • 11th to 20th
    • 21st to 31st
    • 32nd or worse
  3. 3. If Warren wins the election in 2020, which of the following statements do you think are likely to be true? (According to professional academic pres rankers and not according to you)

• Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Trump, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Obama, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than GW Bush, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Clinton, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than GHW Bush, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Reagan, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Carter, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Ford, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Nixon, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than LBJ, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than JFK, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Eisenhower, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than Truman, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as better president than FDR, according to most academic presidential rankers
    • Warren will likely go down in history as worse than any of these, according to most academic presidential rankers

You're really betting on Warren winning aren't you? 

1.Bernie and Warren will be great in way FDR is as a transformational leaders.Buttigieg would be great in way JFK is as smart young and charismatic person with a problem solving approach

2.He could go down as one of 10 worst President

3.Warren would be better than Trump,W.,Clinton,HW,Reagan,Carter,Ford,Nixon,LBJ,Truman but wouldnt beat Obama,JFK,Ike and FDR

48 minutes ago, Dr. Insano said:

You're really betting on Warren winning aren't you? 

I just think she's the most likely to win. If that changes then I'll switch candidates in the polls. I only get 3 questions to ask in this. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

New poll

What if I'm just highly dubious, sceptical, and critical of believing any of the candidates would likely make a great U.S. President, but know enough about the strange turns and surprises of history as an avid amateur world historian to out and say the last response of that question, which is quite absolute in it's wording?

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

3.Warren would be better than Trump,W.,Clinton,HW,Reagan,Carter,Ford,Nixon,LBJ,Truman but wouldnt beat Obama,JFK,Ike and FDR

Without a Democratic Congress, I think she's not likely to be more than a 20th best president max. There's no way in my eyes that she beats out the likes of Reagan, Clinton, LBJ, or Truman. 

For example, Reagan is usually placed in the high single digits to the high teens max. Clinton is usually 13-15. Truman is ranked somewhere between 6 and 14 is most, and LBJ is mostly between 9 and 20 if I recall him correctly. 

There's just no way that Warren, barring any massive crisis, can work with Republicans to be anything more than middle of the road in my eyes. And this is a question for how professional academic rankers will view it, not us. 

What do you all think? 

@vcczar @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @WVProgressive

1. Just Trump (the only unique candidate) and Buttigieg (who could seriously bridge division and partisanship more than anyone else)

2. 32nd or worse

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

1. Just Trump (the only unique candidate) and Buttigieg (who could seriously bridge division and partisanship more than anyone else)

2. 32nd or worse

"Unique," as a quality, is not always, or even usually, a good thing. In Trump's case though, I think "aberration" is a more apt word.

I believe Elizabeth Warren could be an excellent President if she could win -- but while I do believe she is most likely to win the nomination, I do have concerns about whether she can scare "I don't love Trump, BUT..." voters into voting against her.

I believe Pete Buttigieg could be an excellent President AND is most likely to win the general election, though winning the nomination will be an uphill battle.  

I think a lot of what will contribute to which candidate can be considered "great" will depend on what kind of Congress they have to work with throughout their administration, whether it is friendly or hostile.  Washington, Lincoln, T. Roosevelt and FDR had congressional majorities throughout their entire presidencies.  Recently, Reagan, Clinton, W. Bush and Obama were all more ambitious when their own party controlled one or both houses of Congress.

Just now, darkmoon72 said:

I think a lot of what will contribute to which candidate can be considered "great" will depend on what kind of Congress they have to work with throughout their administration, whether it is friendly or hostile.  Washington, Lincoln, T. Roosevelt and FDR had congressional majorities throughout their entire presidencies.  Recently, Reagan, Clinton, W. Bush and Obama were all more ambitious when their own party controlled one or both houses of Congress.

Imagine what Perot would have had to deal with if he had pulled a victory in 1992 or 1996...

6 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Without a Democratic Congress, I think she's not likely to be more than a 20th best president max. There's no way in my eyes that she beats out the likes of Reagan, Clinton, LBJ, or Truman. 

For example, Reagan is usually placed in the high single digits to the high teens max. Clinton is usually 13-15. Truman is ranked somewhere between 6 and 14 is most, and LBJ is mostly between 9 and 20 if I recall him correctly. 

There's just no way that Warren, barring any massive crisis, can work with Republicans to be anything more than middle of the road in my eyes. And this is a question for how professional academic rankers will view it, not us. 

What do you all think? 

@vcczar @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2 @WVProgressive

One reason I think Warren might do well, regardless of who holds Congress, is that I think she's more policy-driven than she is ideological. Her, "I have a plan" attitude would probably be adaptive to whatever situation arises. I think moderates and conservatives probably underestimate her.