270soft Forum
vcczar

Your go to news sources

Your go to news sources  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these "unbiased" news sources do you read?

• CNET
    • Cook Political Report
    • Financial Times
    • Foreign Affairs
    • The Economist
    • The Hill
    • Morning Consult
    • National Journal
    • Politico
    • Politifact
    • Reuters
    • Wall Street Journal
    • Associated Press
    • Bloomberg News
    • Axios
    • National Review
    • The Atlantic
    • USA Today
    • Other (list below)
    • I don't read any "unbiased" news sources
  2. 2. Which of these sources with a liberal bias do you read?

• MSNBC
    • Huffington Post (Huffpost)
    • Mother Jones
    • CNN
    • VOX
    • New York Times
    • NBC News
    • Daily Beast
    • Daily Kos
    • New Republic
    • New Yorker
    • Slate
    • The Nation
    • Young Turks
    • Washington Post
    • ABC News
    • CBS News
    • Other (list below)
    • I don't read any liberal bias news sources
  3. 3. Which of these sources with a conservative bias do you read?

• Fox News
    • Breitbart
    • InfoWars
    • American Spectator
    • Heritage Foundation
    • The Federalist
    • The Washington Examiner
    • The Christian Post
    • Other (list below)
    • I don't read any news sources with a conservative bias

Here's a new poll. I went through websites, polls, and also used media bias dot com to come up with this poll. 

Secular Talk and Jimmy Dore are my go to for anything political news. Also Info Wars for comedy because Alex Jones is hilarious when you goes on rants. 

Just now, Dr. Insano said:

Secular Talk and Jimmy Dore are my go to for anything political news. Also Info Wars for comedy because Alex Jones is hilarious when you goes on rants. 

I have infowars on the poll

29 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I have infowars on the poll

Well I don't watch him to be informed, more just for comedy.

43 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Here's a new poll. I went through websites, polls, and also used media bias dot com to come up with this poll. 

Other would include the CBC (including CBC Newsworld), Global News, Southam News (who owns the Edmonton Journal, my local paper), Metro Edmonton, BBC Newsworld, Al-Jazira, Russia Today, and a few other non-American sources, whose tenor and journalistic bent I tend to prefer nowadays. I sporadically read articles from most of the ones you listed, but usually following specific links, except for Huffington, which, a number of years ago, became the news provider to my default homepage, and thus I clicked. My news sources are mostly papers and Internet, as I don't own a television, and haven't for over a decade.

I also read FiveThirtyEight, RealClearPolitics, and Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball. Also Biticofer’s blog. 

I also read Fivethirtyeight, and my local paper (Charleston Post and Currier). Now you didn't mention this news source, but I listen to NPR on most of my morning commutes. 

I keep CNN on all day in my office, but with the volume off.  I don’t care for all the talking heads yelling at each other, but I do find the news ticker at the bottom of the screen useful to have the basic idea of what’s happened.  From there, I go to google and read the first three or four news stories on the topic I saw in CNN’s ticker.  One of those may or may not be CNN, that’s fine.  I just don’t like being told the news on tv.  I like to read about it.

The only news app I have on my phone is the Associated Press.  I pop it open if I’m bored, but don’t necessarily check it every day.

538 is where I go if I’m just generally looking for political news to read.  It’s also the only podcast I listen to.

I also read Jacobin, Alternet, The Intercept, and Current Affairs, as well as listen to Secular Talk, and the Jimmy Dore Show.

I find a lot of political news nowadays I can get by simply reading Twitter feeds. I don't need a journalist to rephrase a tweet, I can read it myself.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I find a lot of political news nowadays I can get by simply reading Twitter feeds. I don't need a journalist to rephrase a tweet, I can read it myself.

Yeah, I get  a lot of news from there as well. 

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Same for me I still mostly read aggregate news sources.

@vcczar National Review is definetly a conservative source.

3 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar National Review is definetly a conservative source.

Ok, I must have meant to put something else there and typed that instead, but I already lost all the tabs I had open. 

11 hours ago, Dr. Insano said:

I dont consider mentally ill fascists to be funny/

7 hours ago, Rodja said:

I dont consider mentally ill fascists to be funny/

Alex Jones isn't really a fascist, he just plays one on his show.  He even admitted, under oath, that it was a work of performance art.

1 hour ago, pilight said:

Alex Jones isn't really a fascist, he just plays one on his show.  He even admitted, under oath, that it was a work of performance art.

I talked to someone that had met him once. This person I talked to was his waiter. He told Alex Jones, of whom he was somewhat of a fan, "I'm glad someone is selling the truth" and Jones said, "I don't sell truth! I sell crazy!" I do think Alex Jones is mentally ill though. 

57 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I talked to someone that had met him once. This person I talked to was his waiter. He told Alex Jones, of whom he was somewhat of a fan, "I'm glad someone is selling the truth" and Jones said, "I don't sell truth! I sell crazy!" I do think Alex Jones is mentally ill though. 

If he doesnt really believe the insane stuff he is saying but says it just to get attention it is a proof more of a mental disorder.

17 minutes ago, Rodja said:

If he doesnt really believe the insane stuff he is saying but says it just to get attention it is a proof more of a mental disorder.

If you got paid what he did, to say crazy stuff, you'd do it too.

7 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I can assure that if you offered me a 100 million dollars to call other people demons,to scream in the studio and chase people i disagree with at the airports,i would refuse it.

2 minutes ago, Rodja said:

I can assure that if you offered me a 100 million dollars to call other people demons,to scream in the studio and chase people i disagree with at the airports,i would refuse it.

If you say so.

16 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Many people would take it.  Maybe even most people.

2 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

You're of course assuming EVERYONE values currency over their own ethics, values, principals, dignity, and propriety. Though it might be hard to believe, especially with the bad, repugnant stereotypes within the mostly drivel-dominated modern American media (and SOMEHOW, @ThePotatoWalrus called this schlock the "very height of culture in American history" a few months ago), there are people that do NOT have a monetary price for a lot of things.