270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SilentLiberty

Gabbard considering boycotting debate

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1182282461859811328?s=19

Stating that the DNC and the media are trying to rig the election process. Calling the debates reality television. Interesting move after she worked so hard to make the debate. Wonder if it's a long con to make the next one.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Can you boycott something that you weren’t invited to?

She's made the October 15th debate

49 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Stating that the DNC and the media are trying to rig the election process. Calling the debates reality television. Interesting move after she worked so hard to make the debate. Wonder if it's a long con to make the next one.

Bad move. The DNC is noticeably fairer in this cycle. She's lucky she made this debate, I would've tightened the restrictions by now if I were the DNC.

47 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I think it's going to backfire. She might win some Bernie supporters if Sanders drops out, but it won't help her so long as she's in. I remember Trump boycotted a debate and his poll numbers declined a bit so he made sure to go to the rest of them. Although the situation was different. All the candidates piled on Trump while he wasn't there to defend himself. I doubt they'll even give Gabbard any notice. I don't think the hosts will either. A lot of her comments are really kind of making me question her executive functions. She's an improvement on Trump but I don't want any more loose cannons in the White House. I like a lot of her platform though, but I'd prefer another woman or man in charge of it. I think she's best fit to be a US Rep or Senator. 

10 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

She's made the October 15th debate

You’re right, I forgot!

If I was someone who donated to help her get to the debate, I’d be pretty pissed off if she boycotted it.

5 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Bad move. The DNC is noticeably fairer in this cycle. She's lucky she made this debate, I would've tightened the restrictions by now if I were the DNC.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think it's going to backfire. She might win some Bernie supporters if Sanders drops out, but it won't help her so long as she's in. I remember Trump boycotted a debate and his poll numbers declined a bit so he made sure to go to the rest of them. Although the situation was different.

I'd agree with both of these views really. I think it's kind of a way to get some attention but I don't know if it's good attention. 

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

You’re right, I forgot!

If I was someone who donated to help her get to the debate, I’d be pretty pissed off if she boycotted it.

She has a survey thing on her campaign page where she kind of asks supporters what they think she should do. However she's also asking for a 3 dollar donation at the same time, of course.

This is so dumb move.Tulsi,go home you're drunk.

47 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

She has a survey thing on her campaign page where she kind of asks supporters what they think she should do. However she's also asking for a 3 dollar donation at the same time, of course.

Yeah, she might be the most opportunist Democrat in the race. One thing that turns me off about her is that her campaign is very "me" focused. She also likes to post workout videos of herself. She's kind of got that "I want to be a cult leader like Trump" thing going on. The thing I like about Warren is that her campaign is almost entirely about her ideas and about Americans. She almost never talks about herself. I think she's purposely trying to contrast herself with Trump in this regard. I like much of Gabbard's platform, but I don't find her likable. 

24 minutes ago, vcczar said:

She's kind of got that "I want to be a cult leader like Trump" thing going on. 

You know who else boycotted a debate they were invited to?  

Donald Trump.

I see a FOX News speaking gig in Rep. Gabbard's future, after she drops out of the 2020 race and gets primaried out of her own House seat.

This tactic of constantly attacking Democrats while asking for the votes of Democrats tends to fail.  It didn't work when Bernie Sanders tried it either.

And yes, Gabbard is a DINO who belongs to a cult.

24 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

You know who else boycotted a debate they were invited to?  

Donald Trump.

Yeah, I mentioned that early in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, darkmoon72 said:

I see a FOX News speaking gig in Rep. Gabbard's future, after she drops out of the 2020 race and gets primaried out of her own House seat.

This tactic of constantly attacking Democrats while asking for the votes of Democrats tends to fail.  It didn't work when Bernie Sanders tried it either.

And yes, Gabbard is a DINO who belongs to a cult.

I'm just tired of candidates whining about their lives not being fair.

It's annoying when Gabbard does it.  It's annoying when Trump does it.  It's annoying when most of the other "also rans" do it.

Yep.  Life's not fair.  We know!  We're adults, we somehow keep surviving anyway.

But if you're going to put yourself up on that pedestal as the next President of the United States, then you need to stop expecting your life to be fair, and start focusing exclusively on fairness for those who don't have your megaphone.

56 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, she might be the most opportunist Democrat in the race. One thing that turns me off about her is that her campaign is very "me" focused. She also likes to post workout videos of herself. She's kind of got that "I want to be a cult leader like Trump" thing going on. The thing I like about Warren is that her campaign is almost entirely about her ideas and about Americans. She almost never talks about herself. I think she's purposely trying to contrast herself with Trump in this regard. I like much of Gabbard's platform, but I don't find her likable. 

She is not the only one doing that, any of those things. O'Rourke and Buttigieg are too, so is Harris. We might have different takes on Warren but she seems to make her campaign about her, except in her case she does it when it seems convenient.

"Boy y'all want power, God, I hope you never get it."-Lindsey Graham.

In 2016, both Ben Carson and Ted Cruz announced they would boycott the New Hampshire debate because Carly Fiorina wasn't invited, which won them some respect. Both attended anyway. It's the end of the line for Gabbard unless she does the same.

41 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

In 2016, both Ben Carson and Ted Cruz announced they would boycott the New Hampshire debate because Carly Fiorina wasn't invited, which won them some respect. Both attended anyway. It's the end of the line for Gabbard unless she does the same.

I don't know about that. It didn't help Carson gain any votes at least. He dropped out soon after. I don't know if it really helped Cruz either, but maybe it did. It probably made the Fiorina VP strategy seem more natural.  

23 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

I could accept this argument if she was running in 2016( didn't think it was rigged, but can see where she was coming from). However, the DNC has made it where any person with 3% is considered a viable candidate this election. This stunt comes across as a weak attempt in gaining headlines in a week otherwise focused on the impeachment(that she has taken rather interesting stances on).

4 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I could accept this argument if she was running in 2016( didn't think it was rigged, but can see where she was coming from). However, the DNC has made it where any person with 3% is considered a viable candidate this election. This stunt comes across as a weak attempt in gaining headlines in a week otherwise focused on the impeachment(that she has taken rather interesting stances on).

Well, the DNC is very political when it comes to choosing the polls they consider valid.  Gabbard should have qualified for the last debate occurring to reliable pollsters' data.  However, she wasn't because of the DNC's picking and choosing which polls they would accept.

However, I agree that this is a desperation move.  She's looking for headlines and will probably show up anyways.

And,it was just a stunt to make people talk about her

download.png

6 hours ago, Rodja said:

And,it was just a stunt to make people talk about her

download.png

I was kind of hoping she had real convictions and was pointing out, as she seemed to be originally, the corrupt and plutocratic and oligarchic control, rigging, and gatekeeping the media corporations and the DNC/RNC collaborating with them have over the electoral systems, stripping it of a measure of credibility, fairness, and living up to the same standards of electoral standards the scolds emerging democracies for. I guess this proves she's a cog in the corrupt and rigged, and can likely be dismissed as a candidate who bring necessary change or seriously be capable of addressing the real problems rotting, killing, and tearing apart the nation from within. And, with these kinds of juvenile stunts, it's no wonder @ThePotatoWalrus likes her so much.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I was kind of hoping she had real convictions and was pointing out, as she seemed to be originally, the corrupt and plutocratic and oligarchic control, rigging, and gatekeeping the media corporations and the DNC/RNC collaborating with them have over the electoral systems, stripping it of a measure of credibility, fairness, and living up to the same standards of electoral standards the scolds emerging democracies for. I guess this proves she's a cog in the corrupt and rigged, and can likely be dismissed as a candidate who bring necessary change or seriously be capable of addressing the real problems rotting, killing, and tearing apart the nation from within. And, with these kinds of juvenile stunts, it's no wonder @ThePotatoWalrus likes her so much.

In fairness to her, all her supporters on social media were saying she should not boycott the debate, and instead should go and bring her message there.

So while an empty threat and was very much likely all along just a way to get her name in the headlines, she is actively doing what her supporters want her to do. She's going to the debate and that's what they said they wanted.

She's manipulative sure, and manipulated the set up for the outcome she wanted: her supporters saying go to the debate, and the media attacking her. 

There's lots of reasons to go after to her but going to the debate is really not one of them.

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

In fairness to her, all her supporters on social media were saying she should not boycott the debate, and instead should go and bring her message there.

So while an empty threat and was very much likely all along just a way to get her name in the headlines, she is actively doing what her supporters want her to do. She's going to the debate and that's what they said they wanted.

She's manipulative sure, and manipulated the set up for the outcome she wanted: her supporters saying go to the debate, and the media attacking her. 

There's lots of reasons to go after to her but going to the debate is really not one of them.

Still, it now shows her integrity, conviction of belief on things she says on this level, and trustworthiness have been diminished. Anyone with a brain should keep this in mind.

Just now, Patine said:

Still, it now shows her integrity, conviction of belief on things she says on this level, and trustworthiness have been diminished. Anyone with a brain should keep this in mind.

She's a politician. Think they all exist on that spectrum to varying degrees. 

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

She's a politician. Think they all exist on that spectrum to varying degrees. 

But some are more blatant than others. Trump and Clinton were both so blatantly monstrous, immoral, horrid, and lying monsters - in different ways - that was I saying on this forum here, in 2016, the election was already bust by the time the nominations were made, and it didn't matter which of the two won - the American people would lose, and it was the worst two major party candidates in the same elections since 1852. But some politicians actually make a sincere act at benevolence, transparency, and responsibility, at least, and that shows, if nothing else, they take their position seriously and not for granted.