270soft Forum
Actinguy

Well, here’s some bullshit

DNC has announced that all 12 qualifying candidates will squeeze onto a single debate stage for the October debate.

I was looking for a 6-6 split.  Greatly disappointed by this decision.

I think this is better than a 6-6 split on one day, which it seemed like their intent was all along on doing the debate(s) on one day in October. This way there is no dispute on an undercard/main event debate.

Two days, two debates, split 6-6 would have been preferred though.

9 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I think this is better than a 6-6 split on one day, which it seemed like their intent was all along on doing the debate(s) on one day in October. This way there is no dispute on an undercard/main event debate.

Oh yeah, I assumed two days.  I don’t think anyone wanted two three-hour debates literally back to back for six hours straight

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

DNC has announced that all 12 qualifying candidates will squeeze onto a single debate stage for the October debate.

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

Now we get another 3 hour debate in which only 4 people get to speak, but no one gets to speak for more than 10 seconds. 

Moderate: Sen. Warren, tell us about your health care plan. 

Warren: I'd love to. It's a very exciting plan. First, we...

Moderator: Your time is up.  The next question comes from Sylvester Laughendale of Tillamoook, Michigan. He says that the Department of Justice has been ineffective in curbing gun violence in Midwestern cities such as Cleveland, Cincinnati, and his home town of Tillamook. This question is for Pete Buttigi...sorry your name is too long, your time is up. 

Harris: I'd like to answer that question....

Steyer: WE HAVE TO IMPEACH TRUMP! GO TO MY WEBSITE....www....

Moderator: We have to go to a commercial break. 

Moderator: Welcome back....we are going to do a lightning round. We will start with Rep. Gabbard on the left and end with Mr. Steyer on the right. In one word, tell undecided voters why they should vote for you. 

All candidates: *Looking at each other*

O'Rourke: One word? That's bull shit! 

Biden: You have to following the rules, Mr. President. You just said three words.

Moderates: Candidates! Candidates. These are all rules agreed upon by you and the DNC....

Buttigieg: With all due respect, I think the voters would like a debate with some substance. 

Sanders: Let me tell you something **waves his hand around and accidentally hits Warren in the face, breaking her glasses**

Moderates: Candidates! You're wasting seconds of valuable, valuable time.  Rep. Gabbard one word. 

Gabbard: Peace

Klobuchar: Bipartisan

Castro: Umm...uh...youthful

Buttigieg: Trumpkiller

Harris: Prosecute....wait, can I pick another one.

Moderator: No. Mr. Vice President. 

Biden: All one word: IWILLBEATDONALDTRUMP.

Warren: Reform

Sanders: Universal Single-payer Healthcare

Yang: That's three or four words!

Moderator: Rep. O'Rourke. 

Yang:  Wait, I didn't get to go! 

Moderator: Yes, you did. Rep. O'Rourke...

O"Rourke: Gunfree. 

Booker: Trumpkiller.

Buttigieg: Hey, I already said that. 

Moderator: Mr. Steyer

Steyer: IMPEACH! Go to my website....

Moderator: So there you have it! One second to spare! 12 candidates making their case to be your president. Thank you, and good night. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Now we get another 3 hour debate in which only 4 people get to speak, but no one gets to speak for more than 10 seconds. 

Moderator: Your time is up.  The next question comes from Sylvester Laughendale of Tillamoook, Michigan. He says that the Department of Justice has been ineffective in curbing gun violence in Midwestern cities such as Cleveland, Cincinnati, and his home town of Tillamook. This question is for Pete Buttigi...sorry your name is too long, your time is up. 

Moderator: Welcome back....we are going to do a lightning round. We will start with Rep. Gabbard on the left and end with Mr. Steyer on the right. In one word, tell undecided voters why they should vote for you. 

Biden: You have to following the rules, Mr. President. You just said three words.

Moderates: Candidates! Candidates. These are all rules agreed upon by you and the DNC....

Buttigieg: With all due respect, I think the voters would like a debate with some substance. 

Sanders: Let me tell you something **waves his hand around and accidentally hits Warren in the face, breaking her glasses**

Moderates: Candidates! You're wasting seconds of valuable, valuable time.  Rep. Gabbard one word. 

Moderator: So there you have it! One second to spare! 12 candidates making their case to be your president. Thank you, and good night. 

I loved this.

Favorite part was Biden calling another candidate “Mr President” for a third time.

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I loved Harris' answer for her one word. Actually the whole thing was pretty funny. 

Another highlight was Castro's and Booker's answers for their one word. 

It might be a little better than that hopefully 

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

Turns out the most qualified debater would be an auctioneer.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:17 PM, Actinguy said:

Agree.

They didn't set the threshold high enough to keep the lesser known candidates out, so they had to find another way to keep them from being heard

On 9/27/2019 at 9:48 PM, vcczar said:

Thank you for this

On 9/27/2019 at 10:48 PM, vcczar said:

😂

The best part is the one liner from Harris