270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

What do you eat?

Curious to see what your guy's diets look like throughout the day, or if there are even any vegans here and if there are any similarities between the diets of people on each political scale.

I mostly eat the same kind of foods every day

Breakfast
2 sausage, egg, cheese mcmuffins every day (I love them so much)
1 large cherry coke (if i'm in a good mood) or 1 litre of Fiji water (if i'm in a neutral/bad mood)
1 cup of orange juice and a chocolate bar (to wake up)
1 iron/zinc supplement

Lunch
High protein meats (salami, jerky, meat sticks) on bread or crackers with cheese
Various soup (mostly chili/nacho soup I make)
2-3 vanilla puddings (my cheat food)
1 litre of Fiji water

Dinner
Usually pasta (white sauce over red sauce 75% of the time)
Steaks or barbecue chicken on the side (chicken wings with homemade sauce if it's a really good day)
Some kind of vegetable (mostly potatoes)
A lot of sweet tea

Snacks
Slim jims throughout the day
Altoids Mints or Tic Tacs after eating
Cherry Coke whenever (fav drink)

I usually consume about ~3000 calories a day I think, but due to my active lifestyle (just basketball/boxing now) I am able to maintain a healthy weight

I drink too much coffee and pop, and I also will have peanut butter, like just a spoonful of peanut butter. Those are the 3 most interesting things of my diet habits.

21 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I drink too much coffee and pop, and I also will have peanut butter, like just a spoonful of peanut butter. Those are the 3 most interesting things of my diet habits.

Like a deadass full spoonful of peanut butter in and out? Intersting lol. I'll try it but it seems like it'd dry your mouth a lot.

I eat twice a day. Rarely eat carbs, but I eat a lot of protein. I drink 4 cups of coffee or more. I don’t drink enough water. 

When I was in college I drank 12 cups of coffee a day. I ate twice but very minimally. 

Food slows me down so try to avoid it for most of the day. I just eat a lot for one of the times I eat. 

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Like a deadass full spoonful of peanut butter in and out? Intersting lol. I'll try it but it seems like it'd dry your mouth a lot.

Straight up. 

It does dry your mouth out a little bit, not toooo much, but it does, so have a beverage on hand if you think you'll need it. Also it doesn't need to be a mountain size glob of peanut butter, if that's what you were picturing.

40 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Curious to see what your guy's diets look like throughout the day, or if there are even any vegans here and if there are any similarities between the diets of people on each political scale.

I mostly eat the same kind of foods every day

Breakfast
2 sausage, egg, cheese mcmuffins every day (I love them so much)
1 large cherry coke (if i'm in a good mood) or 1 litre of Fiji water (if i'm in a neutral/bad mood)
1 cup of orange juice and a chocolate bar (to wake up)
1 iron/zinc supplement

Lunch
High protein meats (salami, jerky, meat sticks) on bread or crackers with cheese
Various soup (mostly chili/nacho soup I make)
2-3 vanilla puddings (my cheat food)
1 litre of Fiji water

Dinner
Usually pasta (white sauce over red sauce 75% of the time)
Steaks or barbecue chicken on the side (chicken wings with homemade sauce if it's a really good day)
Some kind of vegetable (mostly potatoes)
A lot of sweet tea

Snacks
Slim jims throughout the day
Altoids Mints or Tic Tacs after eating
Cherry Coke whenever (fav drink)

I usually consume about ~3000 calories a day I think, but due to my active lifestyle (just basketball/boxing now) I am able to maintain a healthy weight

I like donairs, OR A&W, Harvey's, or Wendy's hamburger (two or three patties) with cheese and bacon, and a poutine on the side, OR a Panago medium pizza with pepperoni, beef topping, and red (not caramelized) onions, and cheesey cheddar dip, OR kubasa, pyrogies, and cabbage rolls, OR a Taco Bells combo involving burritos and deluxe cheese fries I used to like, until Taco Time downsized their locations here DRASTICALLY, and the only two locations in the city remaining are not at all conveniently located, and Taco Time is much lower quality and MUCH higher priced. However, I don't eat out that often at all - I'd break the bank before my cholesterol got to really worrisome levels. I tend to only drink coffee, tea, or water - and sometimes Canada Dry ginger ale to settle an upset stomach. I have almost completely lost my sweet tooth YEARS AGO, and never crave obvious sweet things (though sugar's in the damnedest places, now).

Paleo (eating this way ~10 years), but shifted to higher meat and lower vegetables recently. Better shape now (early 40s) than when I was early 20s. Coffee in the morning (with no sugar).

Almost nothing highly processed.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Paleo (eating this way ~10 years), but shifted to higher meat and lower vegetables recently. Better shape now (early 40s) than when I was early 20s. Coffee in the morning (with no sugar).

I thought computer programmers ate almost nothing but cheap, pre-packaged, easily-microwaved, highly processed food? AND ate it at their computer desks? :P

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I thought computer programmers ate almost nothing but cheap, pre-packaged, easily-microwaved, highly processed food? AND ate it at their computer desks?

Haven't used a microwave in years. 😎 Don't even have one.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I like donairs, OR A&W, Harvey's, or Wendy's hamburger (two or three patties) with cheese and bacon, and a poutine on the side, OR a Panago medium pizza with pepperoni, beef topping, and red (not caramelized) onions, and cheesey cheddar dip, OR kubasa, pyrogies, and cabbage rolls, OR a Taco Bells combo involving burritos and deluxe cheese fries I used to like, until Taco Time downsized their locations here DRASTICALLY, and the only two locations in the city remaining are not at all conveniently located, and Taco Time is much lower quality and MUCH higher priced. However, I don't eat out that often at all - I'd break the bank before my cholesterol got to really worrisome levels. I tend to only drink coffee, tea, or water - and sometimes Canada Dry ginger ale to settle an upset stomach. I have almost completely lost my sweet tooth YEARS AGO, and never crave obvious sweet things (though sugar's in the damnedest places, now).

Wendy's burgers are pretty good but as an American i'm forced to love McDonald's the most.

5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Just looked it up and it seems like a diet I might try at some point.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Typically 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner), so compressed eating window. Think how often eat is important as well.

I used to skip breakfast too because of a lack of time/interest and I know everyone talks about how good it is, but you can never underestimate the power of calories first thing in the morning. I always swing by McDonald's before school to pick up their sandwiches and they are so good

16 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Wendy's burgers are pretty good but as an American i'm forced to love McDonald's the most.

We have McDonald's here - tonnes of them. Probably about as many, by relative population density proportion, as you do in the U.S. But their food is inedible, low-grade, slop that isn't even filling and has no satisfying flavour at all. Only their coffee is worth consuming - though I do like their coffee.

21 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

We're on a similar diet. I eat twice a day. High protein. No carbs or sugar. 

15 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Just looked it up and it seems like a diet I might try at some point.

I used to skip breakfast too because of a lack of time/interest and I know everyone talks about how good it is, but you can never underestimate the power of calories first thing in the morning. I always swing by McDonald's before school to pick up their sandwiches and they are so good

Be careful. After my dad died of a heart attack, one of the many things we had to do was clean out his car, which was filled with fast food burger wrappers, mostly from McDonald's. 

18 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Haven't used a microwave in years. 😎 Don't even have one.

Good for you. When I was in undergrad, I didn't even use my refrigerator (at least not for food). I unplugged the fridge and the microwave and used them to store things, like sports equipment. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

We're on a similar diet. I eat twice a day. High protein. No carbs or sugar.

Ya, high protein, low carb. Virtually no added sugar.

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

When I was in undergrad, I didn't even use my refrigerator (at least not for food). I unplugged the fridge and the microwave and used them to store things, like sports equipment.

Ya, microwaves are great for storing things in, as long as they're unplugged. 😂

14 minutes ago, Patine said:

We have McDonald's here - tonnes of them. Probably about as many, by relative population density proportion, as you do in the U.S. But their food is inedible, low-grade, slop that isn't even filling and has no satisfying flavour at all. Only their coffee is worth consuming - though I do like their coffee.

I almost never eat their burgers anymore for the reasons you described. But next time you grab a coffee there order a sausage, egg, cheese mcmuffin and let me know what you think.

14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Be careful. After my dad died of a heart attack, one of the many things we had to do was clean out his car, which was filled with fast food burger wrappers, mostly from McDonald's.

I'm as healthy as a horse. Honestly i'm pretty sure i'm damn near immortal. My activity (30-60 minutes a day of high intensity, six days a week, not counting matches/scrimmages) keeps me in above-average shape. Also my blood sugar and cholesterol levels are average (my blood sugar was actually a point or two below average, lol).

6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Ya, microwaves are great for storing things in, as long as they're unplugged. 😂

Lol @ the time that I accidentally microwaved leftovers covered with tinfoil when I was younger... Last week.

I was drinking Coke by the gallon (literally a gallon per day) and eating fast food twice a day.

I stopped all of that this year, after my wife had a major health scare which was my wake up call that I couldn’t count on her to outlive me and raise our daughter when I’m inevitably gone at a relatively young age.

So, I’ve been making big changes.  I only drink water now, fast food is more like once a week, and I work out everyday.

As for food, a filet mignon with a couple of baked potatoes is my favorite meal — but right now I’m cooking rigatoni.

1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Lol @ the time that I accidentally microwaved leftovers covered with tinfoil when I was younger... Last week.

I remember doing something like that, with a metal rimmed cup. 🎆🎇

I was thinking about how little kids would love to press all the buttons. Nothing like microwaved books, or whatever.

55 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

So, I’ve been making big changes.  I only drink water now, fast food is more like once a week, and I work out everyday.

Congrats on this! Similar here with drinking water.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Congrats on this! Similar here with drinking water.

Thanks!  I'm down 23 pounds just in the past two months -- but now I feel like I've hit a wall.  Still have a ways to go.

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Thanks!  I'm down 23 pounds just in the past two months -- but now I feel like I've hit a wall.  Still have a ways to go.

What do your workouts consist of?