270soft Forum
pilight

Warren ahead of Biden

To put it in context, last Quinnipiac poll had Biden ahead of Warren 32-19 one month ago. Sanders is basically unchanged.

So Warren up 7, Biden down 7 from previous Quinnipiac poll.

I believe the MoE is 4.9, which would mean the shift is outside the MoE.

From the poll

"this is the first time that a candidate other than Biden has had the numerical lead in the primary since Quinnipiac began asking the question in March"

New Economist-YouGov poll also has Warren leading 27-26 (from 21-26 week and a half ago).

This is a great poll for Warren, but her biggest hurdle will be her support from the black community. Iowa, and New Hampshire are pretty white states(with NH having I believe 36% of the populace being college educated). But South Carolina is slightly below the national average in terms of college education, and the primary voters are overwhelmingly black. I can see her winning possibly Charleston, and a few of the upstate counties; but not the state- yet. 

Warren will be the nominee.  She has a good shot at winning the first 3 races and then consolidating the support of the Democratic left-wing.

Now that Warren has entered frontrunner tier, the rest of candidates and the media will start attacking her and dragging down her numbers.