Jump to content
270soft Forum
Actinguy

Tulsi is in

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

Just because standards on important matters like these slipped - even grossly - recently, does not mean one should not endeavour to reclaim them. Unless one is actually resigned to living in a civilization in deep decline and irretrievably along the slide to demise, that is...

Everyone in this thread is joking.  Do you really not know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Actinguy said:

Everyone in this thread is joking.  Do you really not know that?

I usually have the decency to use emotes when I joke so there's no confusion or awkwardness - or accusations of baiting. A few others here do too. Obviously a courtesy you just dispense with, and will now once again show self-righteousness and a non-existent but perceived higher-ground complex over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Patine said:

I usually have the decency to use emotes when I joke so there's no confusion or awkwardness - or accusations of baiting. A few others here do too. Obviously a courtesy you just dispense with, and will now once again show self-righteousness and a non-existent but perceived higher-ground complex over.

...ok, man.  You caught us.  We all secretly want a teenager to be President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

...ok, man.  You caught us.  We all secretly want a teenager to be President.

We all? Are you joking about your posts representing the whole "rest of the forum, too?" I hope so. Especially because no one else (except arguably @Reagan04) was involved in this "joke." Or, more disturbingly, are you speaking in that manner, perhaps subconsciously, as a way of trying to ostracize me from this forum by your own authority alone, but as if you spoke for everyone else here, or thought all else here stood behind you? Or just to speak as a "leader" for all else present - a position who obviously were never granted? Or is it the "Royal we?" This is a serious question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Patine said:

We all? Are you joking about your posts representing the whole "rest of the forum, too?" I hope so. Especially because no one else (except arguably @Reagan04) was involved in this "joke." Or, more disturbingly, are you speaking in that manner, perhaps subconsciously, as a way of trying to ostracize me from this forum by your own authority alone, but as if you spoke for everyone else here, or thought all else here stood behind you? Or just to speak as a "leader" for all else present - a position who obviously were never granted? Or is it the "Royal we?" This is a serious question.

I count four people in this thread taking part in the joke.  

But seriously, man.

You thought someone was serious when they said you just need a parent permission slip to be President?

Or are you just doing the obnoxiously pedantic Patine thing again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I count four people in this thread taking part in the joke.  

But seriously, man.

You thought someone was serious when they said you just need a parent permission slip to be President?

Or are you just doing the obnoxiously pedantic Patine thing again?

Wait, we were joking? I was seriously going to write in my old high school class president. I mean, we had one hell of a field day, it'd be pretty awesome to see a nationwide field day. It might cheer everyone up in our current political climate, and the rising of spirits could lead to greater civic engagement and even an increase in production, which leads to more tax revenue and ultimately a larger social safety net for those who are economically disadvantaged or otherwise struggling. 

#NicholasJWoodson2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...