270soft Forum
Actinguy

Tulsi is in

I'm fine with this. Two debates of 6 people is about what I want before we really get down to winnowing the field. It gives Booker, Castro, Klobuchar, Beto, Steyer, and Gabbard a final chance to impress voters with more speaking time and a chance to go on the aggressive and actual RESPOND without having to move along to other candidates so quickly. 

Do I think any will break into the top 5? Heavens no. However, I do believe it to be healthy for the Democratic Party for them to all get this "last chance" at the nomination. 

4 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I'm fine with this. Two debates of 6 people is about what I want before we really get down to winnowing the field. It gives Booker, Castro, Klobuchar, Beto, Steyer, and Gabbard a final chance to impress voters with more speaking time and a chance to go on the aggressive and actual RESPOND without having to move along to other candidates so quickly. 

Do I think any will break into the top 5? Heavens no. However, I do believe it to be healthy for the Democratic Party for them to all get this "last chance" at the nomination. 

I think the only chance of someone breaking into the top 5 is if Harris completely bombs. Buttigieg is the least likely to ever bomb. He seems to organized and cautious to really do something stupid. Biden is too likable to drop out of the top 5. Sanders has his consistent base of 12-15% which will never leave him. Warren's too prepared and optimistic to really fall. If Harris falls, however, I think her votes go to Warren, Biden, Buttigieg, in that order. Booker and O'Rourke have the only offchance of being #5 at some point pre-Iowa. Gabbard's only chance is if Sanders drops out. 

I'd say there's an 8/10 chance that the nominee is either Biden or Warren (both equal odds). 

I'd say there's a 2/10 chance that the nominee is Buttigieg, and is unlikley to grow so long as Biden and Harris are both in the race.  

Harris and Sanders have zero chance so long as Biden, Warren, and Buttigieg (for Harris) are all in the race and Sanders has zero chance so long as Warren is in the race. Biden clogs Harris and Buttigieg, and he's somewhat weighed down by both. Warren clogs for Harris, Buttigieg and Sanders, and is weighed down by all. In a way, Warren has greater range, which might mean she's ultimately going to win, and more likely to unify the party. She'll work on moderates in the general. She's already winning over some of the establishment. 

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

🎉🎈🎇🎆🎁🏆 @ThePotatoWalrus

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, the academy, the fans, the doctor who birthed me, and my dog who died when I was 4.

My life started growing up in a small farm in northern Kansas. My father was a farmer and my mother was a cashier in our local town down the dirt road. We didn’t have much and income was very little, my best toy I got growing up was a pig bladder blown up like a balloon that I could play around with between me and my two brothers. At the age of 11 things started getting tougher in my house life due to my fathers drinking problem as it was not a good harvest that year. Like his father before him once he was done working he would come home and drink but unlike his father he wouldn’t beat us unless we messed up, his father left him and his mother to fend for themselves after world war 2 though so he had it tougher than me growing up. One time my father did drink too much and he hit my little brother Jamey. Jamey didn’t know what to do and ran away during the night during a storm. The entire family was out looking for him but we never saw Jamey again. This made my father drink more and lead him to take his life when I was at the age of 16. My older brother and me had to completely take over the farm with the help of our mom quitting her job as a cashier, life got very hard from here on out. We got a break when I was 18 with a good harvest we were able to save up some money. I was able to move out at the age of 21 and into a larger city in Tennessee. It was hard leaving the family as my ma was getting older but my older brother completely took over the farm and even expanded it into a more profitable work. I began working in what I was good at, repairing mechanics. I was a hard worker and moved up in my chain of work easily within my town. I dated aroun’ a bit but never settled down with anyone I would write home about for my first few years. When I was 26 I got a call from my ma, my brother was working with some machinery on the farm and got his hand caught in it and heavily damaged. I had to come home and help with the farm, at the time I had attained a high position as a senior mechanic within an auto shop and sometimes worked on the side with repairing electronics. I went home and had to help with the farm for a year, ma wasn’t doing good at all. She passed the next year due to kidney disease. My brother eventually recovered and I returned to Tennessee, I attempted to return to my position but due to the time I was out I had been long replaced. I had to begin to work from the bottom again when I had a client come in, she was the most beautiful woman I ever seen in Tennessee with gorgeous brown hair. Nice to say that we hit it off pretty well, within a few weeks we were dating. I can say that she was one of the best things to have happened to me in my life. At the age of 30 I married her and my first child was on the way then. I had returned to my previous position and bought a nice house near the mountains of Tennessee. At the age of 34 my second child was born. My two kids are now both in high school, one a freshman, another a Senior. I continued my career into more electronics working on computers and fixing them. In 2016 while googling how to fix a small problem with a motherboard I found a strange site named 270soft.ipbhost.com, this website had all the answers I needed and a community always ready to help. I’ve been on the site ever since. As you can see recently, I commented on this thread and some kind stranger gave me gold. Thank you again kind stranger.

30 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, the academy, the fans, the doctor who birthed me, and my dog who died when I was 4.

My life started growing up in a small farm in northern Kansas. My father was a farmer and my mother was a cashier in our local town down the dirt road. We didn’t have much and income was very little, my best toy I got growing up was a pig bladder blown up like a balloon that I could play around with between me and my two brothers. At the age of 11 things started getting tougher in my house life due to my fathers drinking problem as it was not a good harvest that year. Like his father before him once he was done working he would come home and drink but unlike his father he wouldn’t beat us unless we messed up, his father left him and his mother to fend for themselves after world war 2 though so he had it tougher than me growing up. One time my father did drink too much and he hit my little brother Jamey. Jamey didn’t know what to do and ran away during the night during a storm. The entire family was out looking for him but we never saw Jamey again. This made my father drink more and lead him to take his life when I was at the age of 16. My older brother and me had to completely take over the farm with the help of our mom quitting her job as a cashier, life got very hard from here on out. We got a break when I was 18 with a good harvest we were able to save up some money. I was able to move out at the age of 21 and into a larger city in Tennessee. It was hard leaving the family as my ma was getting older but my older brother completely took over the farm and even expanded it into a more profitable work. I began working in what I was good at, repairing mechanics. I was a hard worker and moved up in my chain of work easily within my town. I dated aroun’ a bit but never settled down with anyone I would write home about for my first few years. When I was 26 I got a call from my ma, my brother was working with some machinery on the farm and got his hand caught in it and heavily damaged. I had to come home and help with the farm, at the time I had attained a high position as a senior mechanic within an auto shop and sometimes worked on the side with repairing electronics. I went home and had to help with the farm for a year, ma wasn’t doing good at all. She passed the next year due to kidney disease. My brother eventually recovered and I returned to Tennessee, I attempted to return to my position but due to the time I was out I had been long replaced. I had to begin to work from the bottom again when I had a client come in, she was the most beautiful woman I ever seen in Tennessee with gorgeous brown hair. Nice to say that we hit it off pretty well, within a few weeks we were dating. I can say that she was one of the best things to have happened to me in my life. At the age of 30 I married her and my first child was on the way then. I had returned to my previous position and bought a nice house near the mountains of Tennessee. At the age of 34 my second child was born. My two kids are now both in high school, one a freshman, another a Senior. I continued my career into more electronics working on computers and fixing them. In 2016 while googling how to fix a small problem with a motherboard I found a strange site named 270soft.ipbhost.com, this website had all the answers I needed and a community always ready to help. I’ve been on the site ever since. As you can see recently, I commented on this thread and some kind stranger gave me gold. Thank you again kind stranger.

I can't believe I read that.

Also, I never saw this before and yet I know you copied it off of Reddit.  

I spend far too much time at both here and there.

;c)

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

;c)

Reddit has always underwhelmed me. 

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

;c)

lol i know. that's why i left the gold part in lol.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You just have to find the right communities on there.  There's toxic ones and there's helpful ones and there's funny ones and whatever else you're into.  

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

r/The_Donald, r/Braincels, r/OkBuddyRetard, and r/ImGoingToHellForThis are my personal recommendations

18 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

;c)

15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

12 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

lol i know. that's why i left the gold part in lol.

Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Tumblr, and what have you are cheap gimmicks with sketchy TOS', easy-to-engineer (even mandatory, in some cases) invasions of privacy, bizarre "user community customs," and absolute haven ground for toxic trolls and stalkers. I have no accounts on any of them, and do not EXSIT on any, and never have. They are snares for the unwary!

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

r/The_Donald, r/Braincels, r/OkBuddyRetard, and r/ImGoingToHellForThis are my personal recommendations

r/OkBuddyRetard is okay from time to time but r/ImGoingToHellForThis is a shell of its former self

Also obligatory r/IHaveReddit

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Tumblr, and what have you are cheap gimmicks with sketchy TOS', easy-to-engineer (even mandatory, in some cases) invasions of privacy, bizarre "user community customs," and absolute haven ground for toxic trolls and stalkers. I have no accounts on any of them, and do not EXSIT on any, and never have. They are snares for the unwary!

Facebook is how I stay in the lives of people far away.  If not for Facebook, most of my family (who live in other states) would barely know what my daughter looks like.  Twitter helps me stay up to date on the news I'm most interested in.  Myspace (in its hayday) was cool for reconnecting with old friends lost to the wind after I graduated high school and joined the military -- I now visit those friends in person, after Myspace reconnected us.  Hell, I met my wife and the mother of my child on a dating site -- best thing that ever happened to me.

As for Reddit -- it just makes me laugh.

Laughter is valuable.

And you are knocking things that you have never tried.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Facebook is how I stay in the lives of people far away.  If not for Facebook, most of my family (who live in other states) would barely know what my daughter looks like.  Twitter helps me stay up to date on the news I'm most interested in.  Myspace (in its hayday) was cool for reconnecting with old friends lost to the wind after I graduated high school and joined the military -- I now visit those friends in person, after Myspace reconnected us.  Hell, I met my wife and the mother of my child on a dating site -- best thing that ever happened to me.

As for Reddit -- it just makes me laugh.

Laughter is valuable.

I think my favorite was MySpace in its Heyday. It didn’t have any of the negatives that Facebook has. I know it was less flashy but I found myself never having an issue with it. I liked FB the most the first two years it was out. I’ve grown to like Twitter more than other social media. I get a lot of interesting information from there. Twitter is only as good as the people you follow. I only used Tumblr once. I don’t care if I ever go on Reddit again. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think my favorite was MySpace in its Heyday. It didn’t have any of the negatives that Facebook has. I know it was less flashy but I found myself never having an issue with it. I liked FB the most the first two years it was out. I’ve grown to like Twitter more than other social media. I get a lot of interesting information from there. Twitter is only as good as the people you follow. I only used Tumblr once. I don’t care if I ever go on Reddit again. 

Twitter and Reddit have that in common -- they're only valuable if you put in the work of finding the right people/communities to be a part of.

I'm not entirely sure that I know what Tumblr is.  Same with Snapchat.

11 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

And you are knocking things that you have never tried.

Again, saying first person applied empirical knowledge and experience is the form valid would mean the vast majority would be left of the vast majority of things, right? I know a LOT of people who've used these things - and still do, in quite a few cases - and a few friends of mine have used their accounts of Facebooks from my computer while visiting, where I could observe. Many of my Google searches for research end up with results from Reddit. Thus, despite never having had an account on these, I have a VERY good idea what it entails. And, by your initial logic, you, and I, and everyone else on this site, would no idea at all, no clue, not the foggiest notion, what a U.S. President was expected to do in office, because none of us have ever actually been one - but we yap about said duties and responsibilities - and expectations - for the office ALL THE TIME here.

8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Again, saying first person applied empirical knowledge and experience is the form valid would mean the vast majority would be left of the vast majority of things, right? I know a LOT of people who've used these things - and still do, in quite a few cases - and a few friends of mine have used their accounts of Facebooks from my computer while visiting, where I could observe. Many of my Google searches for research end up with results from Reddit. Thus, despite never having had an account on these, I have a VERY good idea what it entails. And, by your initial logic, you, and I, and everyone else on this site, would no idea at all, no clue, not the foggiest notion, what a U.S. President was expected to do in office, because none of us have ever actually been one - but we yap about said duties and responsibilities - and expectations - for the office ALL THE TIME here.

We opine about what it takes to be President, yes.

But if one of us actually BECAME President, wouldn't we have more insightful things to add to the conversation?

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

But if one of us actually BECAME President, wouldn't we have more insightful things to add to the conversation?

On it, Chief

Just now, Actinguy said:

We opine about what it takes to be President, yes.

My point is, the actual substance of what is entailed in these social media sites is so publicly, commonly, and easily known, and readily availably vicariously, that my lack of having used them under my own account and persona does not indicate utter and complete lack of ability to make a judgement. We're not talking about the Freemasons...

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

On it, Chief

Aren't you between 15-20 years short of the age prerequisite?

50 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Congress will sign a waiver.

You just need a parent permission slip and you're good. 

8 hours ago, Patine said:

Aren't you between 15-20 years short of the age prerequisite?

We apparently had no standards for who could be President in the last election.  Why start enforcing standards now?

4 hours ago, Actinguy said:

We apparently had no standards for who could be President in the last election.  Why start enforcing standards now?

Just because standards on important matters like these slipped - even grossly - recently, does not mean one should not endeavour to reclaim them. Unless one is actually resigned to living in a civilization in deep decline and irretrievably along the slide to demise, that is...