270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Canada 2019

image.png.cd2837fa8e1428073d99b5fac2c17b60.pngI was playing as Elizabeth May's Greens, and I was a bit disappointed I only ended up with 6 seats. I had high hopes of maybe 10 or 12 seats by the time election day rolled around, but that didn't pan out. However, we got a government! Barely, I may add. We lost by under 5 points in 4 different places, and if you add those lost by under 8, it becomes 11 places. So, the Greens have room to grow! A term in government may help them as well. Scheer eeked out a popular vote victory, but Trudeau won because of FPTP.

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

image.png.cd2837fa8e1428073d99b5fac2c17b60.pngI was playing as Elizabeth May's Greens, and I was a bit disappointed I only ended up with 6 seats. I had high hopes of maybe 10 or 12 seats by the time election day rolled around, but that didn't pan out. However, we got a government! Barely, I may add. We lost by under 5 points in 4 different places, and if you add those lost by under 8, it becomes 11 places. So, the Greens have room to grow! A term in government may help them as well. Scheer eeked out a popular vote victory, but Trudeau won because of FPTP.

Out of curiosity, did Bernier, the People's Party leader, win his own seat in Beuce?

22 minutes ago, Patine said:

Out of curiosity, did Bernier, the People's Party leader, win his own seat in Beuce?

I know I'm poking the bear here but credit where it is due.

I'm really surprised that you didn't launch into a mini diatribe when mentioning the "People's Party" as a ploy by a right wing "heartless" laissez-faire libertarian to dupe people.

Though I also imagine that you do give Bernier props for ditching the duopoly when it conflicted too heavily with his principles.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

I know I'm poking the bear here but credit where it is due.

I'm really surprised that you didn't launch into a mini diatribe when mentioning the "People's Party" as a ploy by a right wing "heartless" laissez-faire libertarian to dupe people.

Though I also imagine that you do give Bernier props for ditching the duopoly when it conflicted too heavily with his principles.

Well, of course, it's no secret that the original, base reason for the People's Party's existence at the start was a dispute between Bernier and Scheer over the results of the 2017 Conservative Party Leadership Convention. Indeed, the last round of votes among the delegates when Bernier and Scheer were the only two contenders are actually quite iffy and sketchy, and may well have credibly been rigged or altered - if not by Scheer himself, by someone sympathetic to him, or hostile to Bernier. This is not an opinion or viewpoint unique to me at all. Though I wouldn't vote for either of their parties, Bernier does have a legitimate complaint in the Conservative Party machine that led him to breakaway in the first place. And, potentially dividing the right-wing vote, if only just by a needed amount to deny Scheer residence in 66 Sussex Drive is an added bonus. :P

7 hours ago, Patine said:

He did. Jody Wilson Raybould also won her seat 

On 9/21/2019 at 3:07 AM, Hestia11 said:

Still good job !