270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Interesting Iowa Poll

A recent Iowa poll had Biden first, Warren second, Buttigieg and Sanders tied for third and Klobuchar in fifth with 8%. It’s important to remember that Iowa and New Hampshire will be critical to anyone attempting to win the presidency. These are good numbers for Buttigieg and Klobuchar.

My mistake. Buttigieg is up three on Sanders, who is at 9. Buttigieg is at 12.

Biden - 25

Warren - 23

Buttigieg - 12

Sanders - 9

Klobuchar - 8

Harris - 5

Steyer - 3

Yang, Booker - 2

@Hestia11 This poll is exactly why Klobuchar can qualify for as many debates as she wants. She's always gonna get above the threshold in South Minnesota, which along with the other 3 First Four states qualify towards the polling quota just as much as a national poll does.

29 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Hestia11 This poll is exactly why Klobuchar can qualify for as many debates as she wants. She's always gonna get above the threshold in South Minnesota, which along with the other 3 First Four states qualify towards the polling quota just as much as a national poll does.

Plus she will always get over 2% or 4% in Iowa, which is a straight shot as well.

25 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Plus she will always get over 2% or 4% in Iowa, which is a straight shot as well.

That's literally what I was referencing lol. Perhaps my tongue-in-cheek reference to Iowa as "South Minnesota" offended your independent sensibilities but that's what I was going for 😉

10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

That's literally what I was referencing lol. Perhaps my tongue-in-cheek reference to Iowa as "South Minnesota" offended your independent sensibilities but that's what I was going for 😉

No I just stupidly thought you meant actual South Minnesota 😂 

Mayor Pete's path to the Democratic nomination as a dark horse candidate is a surprise win in Iowa.

At this same point 12 years ago, Obama was losing in polls to both Hillary Clinton and John Edwards.  However on caucus night in January 2008, Clinton ending up being the one in 3rd place behind Obama and Edwards. (Biden '08 finished near last place.)

image.png.02bd5817c4c0f24659d760b5857a04f8.png

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_democratic_caucus-208.html

On 9/20/2019 at 2:50 AM, Jayavarman said:

Sanders is falling in the polls.

Very true, and Warren has been gaining at his expense.

1777059683_Screenshot_2019-09-21RealClearPolitics-Election2020-2020DemocraticPresidentialNomination.png.1f6d27bbef13504d64b1eb721b3b1be2.png

And if anyone's going to overtake Biden in Iowa, it looks like it'll be Warren.  A couple polls recently have even put her ahead.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html

Warren is also starting to do better with African-American voters.  For various reasons, Biden still has a large lead there, but that's starting to shrink. 

Important because nobody has won the Democratic presidential nomination since the modern primary/caucus system began in 1972 without winning a majority of African-American voters.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/462072-warren-shows-signs-of-broadening-her-base

On 9/21/2019 at 11:41 PM, darkmoon72 said:

Very true, and Warren has been gaining at his expense.

1777059683_Screenshot_2019-09-21RealClearPolitics-Election2020-2020DemocraticPresidentialNomination.png.1f6d27bbef13504d64b1eb721b3b1be2.png

And if anyone's going to overtake Biden in Iowa, it looks like it'll be Warren.  A couple polls recently have even put her ahead.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html

Warren is also starting to do better with African-American voters.  For various reasons, Biden still has a large lead there, but that's starting to shrink. 

Important because nobody has won the Democratic presidential nomination since the modern primary/caucus system began in 1972 without winning a majority of African-American voters.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/462072-warren-shows-signs-of-broadening-her-base

Nobody has been attacking Warren.  That will change very soon as the other candidates get scared of her rise.  They have been waiting for Biden and Sanders to fall first.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:50 AM, Natalie said:

Why does it seem like Sanders is falling in the polls?

Warren is taking some of his supporters most likely.