270soft Forum
admin_270

Events 2020

14 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Blog post up if you'd like to give feedback on the events in the 2020 campaign.

https://270soft.com/2019/09/18/2020-events/

Please post feedback on blog.

Is the possibility of the economy suffering from price hikes due to a backlash from Trump's inexplicable and ill-managed Trade Wars an event that's going to be in the docket?

32 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If there are news events related to that, then by all means you can suggest them.

Well, they haven't happened YET, but there are economic and marketing experts speaking of "ticking timebombs" in that regard.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Well, they haven't happened YET, but there are economic and marketing experts speaking of "ticking timebombs" in that regard.

This for events that have already occurred. 

Just now, vcczar said:

This for events that have already occurred. 

Oh. I thought it included random events that have a chance of occurring each turn, too. My mistake.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I thought it included random events

Now I understand - yes, you can make random events with the scripted events system, but for this we're just focusing on ones that have happened.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Lolll

@Patine doesn't realize that "marketing experts" (marketing is sales and advertising anyways, you're thinking of 'market' experts lmao) have correctly predicted 1,000 of the last 4 recessions.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:10 PM, admin_270 said:

If there are news events related to that, then by all means you can suggest them.

I would say Tarrif news and Fed lowering interest rates might count. Also the news regarding the yeild curve.  

Other news, and I hate including this but might have to since its Trump oriented, are his feuds. Think Trump and  "The Squad". 

Also the UAW for GM went on strike, though unemployment is going down(consumer spending is high). These can be economic events also. 

@admin_270 one thing that might be interesting is to figure out what the leading narratives are of the election, and piece together the chronology of these narratives, especially if they end up being consequential to the election. It's hard to tell what those narratives will be right now. 

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

@admin_270 one thing that might be interesting is to figure out what the leading narratives are of the election, and piece together the chronology of these narratives, especially if they end up being consequential to the election. It's hard to tell what those narratives will be right now. 

Even if they aren't the leading narratives, the events should be in because of their dominance in the headlines; which makes it harder for lower tier candidates to break out.