270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Edouard

Libdems pledge to cancel Brexit if they win General Election

6 hours ago, Edouard said:

Big switch for the upcoming election

Let's see if their clear choice works to pick-up labour and remain tories

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49706643

I'm not sure if they're really tapping into a strong vein of dissatisfaction with the whole affair here. And there's never been a Liberal Democrat PM (as in the current modern party), and the last PM of the Liberal Party of the UK (by far the older of the two predecessor parties that merged to form the Liberal Democrats) was David Lloyd George, the WW1-era PM, I believe...

6 hours ago, Patine said:

I'm not sure if they're really tapping into a strong vein of dissatisfaction with the whole affair here. And there's never been a Liberal Democrat PM (as in the current modern party), and the last PM of the Liberal Party of the UK (by far the older of the two predecessor parties that merged to form the Liberal Democrats) was David Lloyd George, the WW1-era PM, I believe...

Yep but if you looked at the pollsĀ 

UK opinion polls.svg

Great Britain is quite in unstability so it could work.

Personnaly I'm the kind of people who would vote Libdem.

But I disagree with what they say about bypassing a second referendum.

I'm not sure this gets them any voters that they didn't already have. They've been the clearest and most consistent nationwide pro-Remain party for a while now, and these numbers may be enough to end up giving Johnson a majority in the next election with a pitifully low percentage of the vote, just because the opposition is so divided right now.