270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

46 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

President Washington puts forth his nominees for the court. 

CJ-Thomas Bee (Deep South) 

ASJ-Pierpont Edwards (New England) 

ASJ-Egbert Benson (Mid-Atlantic) 

ASJ-Charles Lee (Upper South) 

ASJ-Theophilus Parsons (New England) 

AsJ-Nathaniel Mitchell (Mid-Atlantic) 

The PL Faction of the Federalist vote aye

The Progressive Faction of the Jeffersonian-Republicans vote for the confirmation of Thomas Bee, Egbert Benson, Charles Lee, and Nathaniel Mitchell to the Supreme Court, and vote nay to the conformation of Pierpont Edwards, and Theophilus Parsons.

Sen. Rufus King (F-NY) votes aye on all the nominees and moves to ensure their confirmation among the caucus.

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I vote aye. 

(I apologise for the delay. I work 9-9 today, tomorrow, and the next day and GMing will have to take a backseat to completing schoolwork when I'm at home. Expect me to be on very rarely!)

13 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I vote aye. 

(I apologise for the delay. I work 9-9 today, tomorrow, and the next day and GMing will have to take a backseat to completing schoolwork when I'm at home. Expect me to be on very rarely!)

13 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I vote aye. 

No worries.  Need me to run things this weekend?  I don’t mind, though if that would make things confusing I’m fine with waiting as needed.

38 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I vote aye. 

No problem, I am just helping with the pings. I never intend to push anyone ;) 

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

No worries.  Need me to run things this weekend?  I don’t mind, though if that would make things confusing I’m fine with waiting as needed.

That would be ideal! @Reagan Conservative has full permission to move for me as well.

Any spreadsheet changes you cant make I'll handle when I have the time. Thanks again!

28 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

That would be ideal! @Reagan Conservative has full permission to move for me as well.

Any spreadsheet changes you cant make I'll handle when I have the time. Thanks again!

No problem.  Is it possible to get the access?  I’ll list any changes I make here so everyone can check my work — I just don’t want us to move to far without knowledge of point totals, meter readings, etc as that might change people’s decision making.

If its not possible, no problem, just let me know.

8 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

No problem.  Is it possible to get the access?  I’ll list any changes I make here so everyone can check my work — I just don’t want us to move to far without knowledge of point totals, meter readings, etc as that might change people’s decision making.

If its not possible, no problem, just let me know.

I can't share access. That's only available to @vcczar

1 minute ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I can't share access. That's only available to @vcczar

Gotcha.  We'll proceed without it for now, but I'll still try to update it here in the forum so everyone is aware of current standings, and will make your job of updating the excel sheet faster when you have time.

Do I have it correct that the points were last updated in the middle of the Create Standing Army issue?  I can update it from there, just confirming.

7 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

President Washington puts forth his nominees for the court. 

CJ-Thomas Bee (Deep South) 

ASJ-Pierpont Edwards (New England) 

ASJ-Egbert Benson (Mid-Atlantic) 

ASJ-Charles Lee (Upper South) 

ASJ-Theophilus Parsons (New England) 

AsJ-Nathaniel Mitchell (Mid-Atlantic) 

The PL Faction of the Federalist vote aye

With @Hestia11's Senate Minority Leader James Madison, Senator Alexander Martin, and Senator Richard Henry Lee abstaining....

Thomas Bee, Egbert Benson, Charles Lee, and Nathaniel Mitchell are confirmed by a vote of 18 - 5, with 3 abstentions.

The confirmation of Pierpont Edwards and Theophilus Parsons is more contentious, but still passes with a vote of 14 - 9, with the same 3 abstentions.  

I'm going to catch us up on scores and other things next, but feel free to propose and vote on any more legislation while I do so. @SilentLiberty @Reagan04 @Herbert Hoover @Hestia11 @WVProgressive @Kingthero @Conservative Elector 2

SCORES  -- please feel free to double check my math.

@SilentLiberty 349 (starting) + 675 (starting army) + 25 (Supreme Court Act) + 15 (Chief Justice) + 30 (appointed 3 judges w/ integrity) + 10 (Supreme court regional balance) = 1104

@Herbert Hoover 324 (starting) + 700 (standing army) + 25 (Supreme Court Act) +20 (2 justices) = 1069

@Conservative Elector 2: 318 (starting) + 825 (standing army) + 10 (1 justice) = 1153

@Reagan04: 220 (starting) + 250 (standing army) + 20 (2 justices) = 490

@WVProgressive 246 (starting) + 0 (standing army) = 246

@Actinguy 282 (starting) + 625 (standing army) = 907

@Hestia11: 339 (starting) + 475 (standing army) = 814

@Kingthero: 309 (starting) + 0 (Standing army) = 309

Okay.  I believe that's the scores, all caught up.

@SilentLiberty The "Create a standing army" act created Focus General slots for you to fill...but I don't know how many.  @Herbert Hoover or @vcczar, can you advise?

Also, the appointment of @Herbert Hoover Nathaniel Mitchell to the Supreme Court requires him to give up his Senate Seat.  Action to Governor @Herbert Hoover to select a new Senator for Delaware.

I'm heading to the gym now, will confirm meters are up to date when I get back.

@Actinguy I proposed the Supreme Coirt Act not Herbert

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Actinguy I proposed the Supreme Coirt Act not Herbert

I don’t think there’s any points for proposing it, as far as I can tell.  Points for that act seem to go to President and Attorney General. 

4 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I don’t think there’s any points for proposing it, as far as I can tell.  Points for that act seem to go to President and Attorney General. 

Not sure if you counted this but remember to account for negatives.

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Not sure if you counted this but remember to account for negatives.

Yep, I did for the create army act.  I don’t think there have been negatives for anything else.  Of course, please feel free to double check me and let me know if you find any errors!

28 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Yep, I did for the create army act.  I don’t think there have been negatives for anything else.  Of course, please feel free to double check me and let me know if you find any errors!

Ok, well next up on the docket, Rep. Alexander Hamilton (F-NY, 2) in his capacity as Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee has authored and passed from committee the Hamilton Bank Act of 1790, aimed to complete President Washington's goal vociferously shared by Rep. Hamilton to charter a National Bank.

Speaker Theodore Sedgwick works tirelessly to ensure it passes as Sen. Rufus King also gives his support, Traditionalist Feds vote aye.

19 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Ok, well next up on the docket, Rep. Alexander Hamilton (F-NY, 2) in his capacity as Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee has authored and passed from committee the Hamilton Bank Act of 1790, aimed to complete President Washington's goal vociferously shared by Rep. Hamilton to charter a National Bank.

Speaker Theodore Sedgwick works tirelessly to ensure it passes as Sen. Rufus King also gives his support, Traditionalist Feds vote aye.

Hold up, doesn’t the whole committee have to approve?  I’m on that committee.  I’ll take a look at it soon (about 30 minutes).

At bare minimum, I sure we can come up with a package of bills that makes all three members happy.

Just now, Actinguy said:

Hold up, doesn’t the whole committee have to approve?  I’m on that committee.  I’ll take a look at it soon (about 30 minutes).

At bare minimum, I sure we can come up with a package of bills that makes all three members happy.

No the whole committee doesn't have to approve, it's a majority, so I assumed that my corresponding Senator would vote aye considering this is a universal Federalist goal.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

No the whole committee doesn't have to approve, it's a majority, so I assumed that my corresponding Senator would vote aye considering this is a universal Federalist goal.

The rules tab says all three members have to approve.

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

The rules tab says all three members have to approve.

Oh boy that's silly. I would certainly protest that given it isn't grounded in reality.

Edit: Ok I've read the rules and it makes more sense now.

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Gotcha.  We'll proceed without it for now, but I'll still try to update it here in the forum so everyone is aware of current standings, and will make your job of updating the excel sheet faster when you have time.

Do I have it correct that the points were last updated in the middle of the Create Standing Army issue?  I can update it from there, just confirming.

I had finished the points for Standing Army from the Pres, War Sec, and Commanding General