270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

@WVProgressive Thomas Paine doesn't appear to have a role that qualifies him to run for President right now (Focus Gov, Focus Sen, Focus Rep, etc)

Disregard, I forgot the Celebrity rule again.

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

VP Bache rolls a 2.  He retires and heads to his Father-In-Law's Louisiana to live out the rest of his days.

I'd think maybe @vcczar would allow for some kind of exception that would allow you two run Jackson and Bache. After all, they are the sitting President and Vice President from a coup. 

You're handling this election though so you're GMing and not me, though I'd allow it since it makes no sense to limit only one to seeking reelection. 

Just now, Herbert Hoover said:

I'd think maybe @vcczar would allow for some kind of exception that would allow you two run Jackson and Bache. After all, they are the sitting President and Vice President from a coup. 

You're handling this election though so you're GMing and not me, though I'd allow it since it makes no sense to limit only one to seeking reelection. 

Fair enough!  I'll defer to @vcczar as I don't want to make decisions where I'd be potentially giving myself favoritism.

@Actinguy Sen. James Ross (F-PA) to lead Foreign Affairs then

For Senate nominations:  you're looking at Class III.  Remember your candidate must have equal or higher VP than the current Senator.

5 hours ago, Actinguy said:

2)  Boosting our relations with...a country.  I'll specify this once @Conservative Elector 2 names the ambassadors.

The Secretary of State isn't mine currently. So I guess this is not my responsibility. :D 

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

@Conservative Elector 2 Need a new Representative for the Budget committee.

Will do.

We vote against the Compromise Tariff, just for the record.

I have to go to university in one hour, I will fill out the election form afterwards.

Rep for the Budget Committee: Senator Jonathan Dayton @Herbert Hoover I have no Sen with treasury unfortunately @Actinguy

@Reagan04 did you name the senators in the legis/gov tab. Could you please type them either here out or in the history tab? Would make things easier for the history tab, since I am afraid to not be able to figure out all changes made.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

@Reagan04 did you name the senators in the legis/gov tab. Could you please type them either here out or in the history tab? Would make things easier for the history tab, since I am afraid to not be able to figure out all changes made.

Yes I have already typed them in here.

16 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Rep for the Budget Committee: Senator Jonathan Dayton @Herbert Hoover I have no Sen with treasury unfortunately @Actinguy

This is actually mine to designate and I shall keep the incumbent Senator John Vining

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

This is actually mine to designate and I shall keep the incumbent Senator John Vining

Actually I meant the ranking member.

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Actually I meant the ranking member.

Sure thing, but It has to be a Representative - not a Senator.  Budget committee is unique in this regard.

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Sure thing, but It has to be a Representative - not a Senator.  Budget committee is unique in this regard.

Jonathan Trumbull Jr

4 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yes I have already typed them in here.

I assume Bayard Sr. and Williston took office after the last midterm election? I can't figure out their changes otherwise.

7 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Fair enough!  I'll defer to @vcczar as I don't want to make decisions where I'd be potentially giving myself favoritism.

It’s up to you. You can make a coup exception. Alternatively, Bache might not want anymore excitement. 

We only need @SilentLiberty, @Herbert Hoover, @Hestia11 and @Kingthero to fill out their forms ;) .

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It’s up to you. You can make a coup exception. Alternatively, Bache might not want anymore excitement. 

Ok.  In that case, we'll make a rule that if you somehow manage to become President & VP, you can run them both again.  

For what it's worth, I don't actually anticipate that either one will win.  They both have terrible stats.

I’ll do the retirements and drafts after I teach my morning classes

We now lack only one Focus Admiral and the ambassadors for the history tab.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

We now lack only one Focus Admiral and the ambassadors for the history tab.

I believe I appointed all focus admirals, so I'll figure out which one was missing.

@Hestia11 can appoint ambassadors if he's so inclined, but it won't come with any points (due to the coup) and all issues have already been resolved, so it's not actually needed.  Worst case scenario, the identities of the ambassadors for this period of time have been lost to time as the coup made things confusing for a while. ;c)  We have established that John Jay is still Ambassador to France (as he blew the alliance) but the rest are just flavor.