Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

Recommended Posts

Score after appointments:

Fed-Whig-Rep Party   Score         JR-Dem Party Score
Silent Liberty 59         WVProgressive 36
Herbert Hoover 129         Actinguy 72
ConservativeElector 67         Hestia 84
Reagan 70         King Thero 9
Party Total Score   325         Party Total Score 201

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

The mission is an overwhelming success. Relations increase from poor to neutral. 

Action goes to you to act on your executive events.

I was not going to respond to any of the optional ones at this time, that's why I left it out with the goals and sending Franklin to Britain. Like a no responce is a responce type of thing. Maybe I should have made that more clear, my apologies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

I was not going to respond to any of the optional ones at this time, that's why I left it out with the goals and sending Franklin to Britain. Like a no responce is a responce type of thing. Maybe I should have made that more clear, my apologies. 

@Herbert Hoover unless you meant something else and I'm an idiot for just forgetting ahah?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

@Herbert Hoover unless you meant something else and I'm an idiot for just forgetting ahah?? 

I was more so waiting for you to confirm that you were ready to resolve the NW Indian War. You can also call for legislation to make this easier, and you referenced that in your inaugural goals. 

If you are to pass any legislation, you will need to find proposes for them and for the legislation to pass the House and Senate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I was more so waiting for you to confirm that you were ready to resolve the NW Indian War. You can also call for legislation to make this easier, and you referenced that in your inaugural goals. 

If you are to pass any legislation, you will need to find proposes for them and for the legislation to pass the House and Senate.

Can we propose legislation to assist?  House Minority Leader Muhlenberg suggests the only way to keep these barbarians at bay for good is to Create A Standing Army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Can we propose legislation to assist?  House Minority Leader Muhlenberg suggests the only way to keep these barbarians at bay for good is to Create A Standing Army.

I believe you can yes.

President Washington expresses sincere gratitude towards Minority Leader Muhlenberg for his proposal, and he believes that the country will appreciate it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Can we propose legislation to assist?  House Minority Leader Muhlenberg suggests the only way to keep these barbarians at bay for good is to Create A Standing Army.

Darn. You just stole my line! 

Now instead of Ralph Izard saving the day it's that nasty Muhlen-whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I believe you can yes.

President Washington expresses sincere gratitude towards Minority Leader Muhlenberg for his proposal, and he believes that the country will appreciate it as well. 

Full support from the Liberal Federalist faction. We must put down the savages and expand our nation's settlement! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Conservative faction also supports this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Traditionalist Faction opposes the Standing Army, citing that the States should have their own armies that can loosely be lead by the Federal Government if needed. We would support a Militia Act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Party Leader Jefferson's faction supports the House Minority Leader in their efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Progressive faction of the Jeffersonian Republicans vote nay to the creation of a standing army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long and arduous debate, with House Appropriations Committee Chairman Alexander Hamilton and Speaker of the House Theodore Sedgwick in favor and Senate Majority Leader Rufus King against, the traditionalists have resolved to vote in favor of the Standing Army while Sen. King will cast a lone abstention vote in the Senate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General Greene successfully repels the native tribes in the Northwestern Territories! 

The areas are now clear for settlement and pioneers may flock to the growing towns without fear of barbaric raids. 

@SilentLiberty

Are we now ready to move to the legislative phase? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

General Greene successfully repels the native tribes in the Northwestern Territories! 

The areas are now clear for settlement and pioneers may flock to the growing towns without fear of barbaric raids. 

@SilentLiberty

Are we now ready to move to the legislative phase? 

Yes, I do believe so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

General Greene successfully repels the native tribes in the Northwestern Territories! 

The areas are now clear for settlement and pioneers may flock to the growing towns without fear of barbaric raids. 

@SilentLiberty

Are we now ready to move to the legislative phase? 

Sorry, I hate to do it - but "Northwest Territory" in singular, properly. The "Northwest Territories" (in plural) are part of Canada. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patine said:

Sorry, I hate to do it - but "Northwest Territory" in singular, properly. The "Northwest Territories" (in plural) are part of Canada. :P

We are settling Canada. Be prepared to trade out your maple syrup and hockey for fireworks, football, and freedom. 

XOXO,

-Nathanael Greene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

We are settling Canada. Be prepared to trade out your maple syrup and hockey for fireworks, football, and freedom. 

XOXO,

-Nathanael Greene

Considering the year in your RP, and what happened when the U.S. historically invaded Canada in 1812 (close to your RP's current year), the fireworks - err, the bonfire - will be at the White House. In fact, it'll BE the White House! But at least it'll burn away the stench of swamp gas... :P

 

And we already have fireworks, football, and freedom - despite what Fox "News" tells you... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

We are settling Canada. Be prepared to trade out your maple syrup and hockey for fireworks, football, and freedom. 

XOXO,

-Nathanael Greene

He should for sure get a conquering trait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would have been interesting is that had Nathanael Greene lived longer, he would have been 70 at the outbreak of the War of 1812. He might have been too old to fight in the field, but he would have probably made an excellent Sec of War. Also, if Henry Knox had lived another decade, he'd be there too. The US sort of had a military leadership blackhole around 1812 in regards to senior leadership at that time. The navy was a little better off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

He should for sure get a conquering trait. 

Such a trait would be FAR more appropriate, and very useful, if you were doing a game in a similar vane based on Ancient Rome. Conquest, and conquering campaigns personally enacted and led, were viewed as PERSONAL accomplishments by leaders, not as NATIONAL accomplishments, in Roman times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm posting this for anyone observing:

President George Washington
VP John Adams
State Albert Gallatin
Treasury Robert Morris
War Henry Knox
Att Gen James Iredell
PM Gen James Monroe
Navy n/a
Interior n/a
Amb UK Benjamin Franklin
Amb France Oliver Ellsworth
Amb Spain Robert Livingston
Amb Germany James Linn
Amb Russia Francis Dana
Com. Gen. Nathaneal Greene
Focus Gen n/a
Focus Gen n/a
Focus Gen n/a
Focus Gen n/a
Ch. Admiral John Paul Jones
Focus Admiral n/a
Focus Admiral n/a
Focus Admiral n/a
F Gov - New England John Langdon
F Gov - Mid-Atlantic John Jay
F Gov - Upper South Thomas Jefferson
F Gov - Deep South John Rutledge
F Gov - Midwest n/a
F Gov -Gr Plains n/a
Speaker Theodore Sedgwick
H Min Leader Peter Muhlenberg
Focus Rep Amasa Learned
Sen Maj Leader Rufus King
Sen Min Leader James Madison
F Sen - New England Samuel Adams
F Sen - Mid-Atlantic P Schuyler/none
F Sen - Upper South James Madison
F Sen - Deep South Ralph Izard
F Sen - Midwest n/a
F Sen - Great Plains n/a
Chief Justice  
AJ  
AJ  
AJ  
AJ  
AJ  
AJ  
Party Leader Alexander Hamilton
Party Leader Thomas Jefferson
Losing Pres Nominee n/a
Losing VP Nominee n/a
MA Samuel Adams
MA John Hancock
CT Andrew Adams
CT William Williams
RI James M Varnum
RI Joseph Stanton Jr
NH Josiah Bartlett
NH Nicholas Gilman
VT n/a
VT n/a
NY Rufus King
NY P. Schuyler/N. Fish
NJ William Paterson
NJ Jonathan Dayton
PA James Wilson
PA R. Morris/G. Clymer
DE Joshua Clayton
DE Nathaniel Mitchell
MD Charles Carroll
MD Daniel Carroll
VA Richard Henry Lee
VA James Madison
NC Alexander Martin
NC Nathaniel Macon
SC Jacob Read
SC Ralph Izard
GA George Walton
GA John Milton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...