270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

Note: 

The Committees tab is a bit out of date. I switched the dominant parties, and there are a few vacancies to fill. You can also change around members as you please, I believe? The rules are pretty vague regarding committees. 

2 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Ok.  Cabinet is confirmed.  Aye to Herb’s proposal on banning the import of slaves.

We want our slaves to be Made In America, dang it!

This should pass it in the Senate. 

The House is a different beast but it's looking great so far. 

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Note: 

The Committees tab is a bit out of date. I switched the dominant parties, and there are a few vacancies to fill. You can also change around members as you please, I believe? The rules are pretty vague regarding committees. 

Whoops.  Good call.  I'm fine with keeping my current committee lineup.  @Reagan04 looks like he has a couple empty seats to fill though.

6 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Ok.  Cabinet is confirmed.  Aye to Herb’s proposal on banning the import of slaves.

Conservative, Actinguy, and myself have voted aye. 

Action goes to @Hestia11 @SilentLiberty @Hestia11 and @Reagan04 to vote. 

Just to be clear -- I know we've already established there's no points for the new cabinet members.  Are we also doing no points for the new military and the various cabinet related bonuses (balancing ideologies/regions/etc)?  

11 hours ago, Actinguy said:

We don't want slaves at all so we abstain in the house. 

@Actinguy I make Sen. Issac Tichenor (F-VT) Ranking Member on Judiciary and Sen. John Rutherfurd (F-NJ) Ranking Member on Public Works. The rest remains the same.

Also, can we ban the importation of slaves? It'snot yet 1800 and I'm not aware of us banning the export yet which is a prereq. 

27 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

@Actinguy I make Sen. Issac Tichenor (F-VT) Ranking Member on Judiciary and Sen. John Rutherfurd (F-NJ) Ranking Member on Public Works. The rest remains the same.

Also, can we ban the importation of slaves? It'snot yet 1800 and I'm not aware of us banning the export yet which is a prereq. 

Oh!  Ok.  It is a ban on exporting then.

I thought it was a typo and Vcc meant importing.  Whoops!

47 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Oh!  Ok.  It is a ban on exporting then.

I thought it was a typo and Vcc meant importing.  Whoops!

The Traditionalists can find common ground on this, we shall vote to end America's role as a seller of slaves on the gravest international market.

Banning exportation of slaves has passed in the Senate.

In the House...

AYE: @Reagan04 117, @Actinguy 101, @WVProgressive 64, @Herbert Hoover 100 @Conservative Elector 2 118 = 500

NAY: @Kingthero 96 = 96

ABSTAIN: @SilentLiberty 65 = 65

HASN'T VOTED YET: @Hestia11 96

The measure passes in the House as well, and President Jackson signs it into law!

Ready for the next proposals, @Reagan04, @Kingthero, me, and/or any committee members.

Just now, Actinguy said:

Ready for the next proposals, @Reagan04, @Kingthero, me, and/or any committee members.

We still have our proposal which passed from Budget.

I'm going to prep the autodraft and retirements for when you all need them. 

Just realized I didn't do my inaugural goals.  

I'd intended to include banning the exportation of slaves, but it would feel cheap to say it retroactively.  Damn.

Okay.  Inauguration goals.  
1) Passing the Compromise Tariff to try to help our failing economy.
2)  Boosting our relations with...a country.  I'll specify this once @Conservative Elector 2 names the ambassadors.

Senate Majority Leader Albert Gallatin follows in President Jackson's Bipartisan footprints by proposing the Compromise Tariff. This is a bipartisan measure aimed at boosting our economy out of the doldrums and into a new era of prosperity!

(That leaves just @Reagan04 to with an open proposal slot).

5 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Senate Majority Leader Albert Gallatin follows in President Jackson's Bipartisan footprints by proposing the Compromise Tariff. This is a bipartisan measure aimed at boosting our economy out of the doldrums and into a new era of prosperity!

(That leaves just @Reagan04 to with an open proposal slot).

My guy, for the third time, we have the Budget Committee bill to propose.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

My guy, for the third time, we have the Budget Committee bill to propose.

Chairman Duvall offers his sincerest apologies, but Senate Majority Leader Gallatin has asked him to shelve the proposal for now.  

Just now, Actinguy said:

Chairman Duvall offers his sincerest apologies, but Senate Majority Leader Gallatin has asked him to shelve the proposal for now.  

image0.jpg?width=450&height=600

Just now, Reagan04 said:

image0.jpg?width=450&height=600

Haha.  I mean, we can put it up to a vote -- but it'll fail in the Senate, so I'm actually saving you points by shelving it.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Haha.  I mean, we can put it up to a vote -- but it'll fail in the Senate, so I'm actually saving you points by shelving it.

Not if you support it as you originally promised to do.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Not if you support it as you originally promised to do.

Things changed - there was a revolution!  The President was executed, you may have read about it.  Chairman Duvall is terrified. ;c)

Just now, Actinguy said:

Things changed - there was a revolution!  The President was executed, you may have read about it.  Chairman Duvall is terrified. ;c)

You are a sad man!