Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Damn. Forgot! Are all nominations in for Deeo South and New England, given that we have new senators? 

@Actinguy @Kingthero

I run Tichenor/Milton, as it remains in the Form tab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentLiberty said:

Can we make a rule against this?

Yeah, I would support this.  It did make it mildly harder for me when I was GMing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Reagan04

From now on, please don't directly change any Senators on the legislative tab. It makes it difficult to double check that it's done correctly and it also makes it difficult to know who is replaced with who. 

Thank you for trying to expedite the process for us anyway! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

@Reagan04

From now on, please don't directly change any Senators on the legislative tab. It makes it difficult to double check that it's done correctly and it also makes it difficult to know who is replaced with who. 

Thank you for trying to expedite the process for us anyway! :)

My focus senator candidate is in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this game could be more complex, it would be interesting to see the effect that having New England JR Party Leaders would have on the citizenry. Federalists would almost have to stack their deck with the few Southern Federalists just to keep the party viable. However, the forum game can't really handle any more complexities. An idea for the PC version perhaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Actinguy

I nominate Rufus King for Focus Sen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

@Actinguy

I nominate Rufus King for Focus Sen

There is no focus Senator election in the Mid-Atlantic. Hopefully next time! I posted the results above.

We can move into the legislative term, I believe @Actinguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

There is no focus Senator election in the Mid-Atlantic. Hopefully next time! I posted the results above.

We can move into the legislative term, I believe @Actinguy

Did you already do the random death?  If so, we roll for more executive/random events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we aren’t event in the 19th century yet but I’m ready for it. This is from a fundraiser event I went to tonight. The fake mustache makes me look 20 years older. 

35DEA168-6100-486E-B581-6128B1A8AF93.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Focus Senator elections: 

New England: John Adams 

Deep South: John Milledge @Actinguy

did you mean to @ me, Milledge is my guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

did you mean to @ me, Milledge is my guy.

Yep! Good catch! 

13 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Did you already do the random death?  If so, we roll for more executive/random events.

We roll for scripted executive events... And the XYX affair does not hit! (Rolling for general events now, switchin to mobile)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

General events(we get 3): 

Relations with Authoritarian Government: The Ottoman Empire reaches out to you, President Peale, in an unexpected overture. Longstanding American policy has been that the Ottomans are no friend of ours. You could respond favorably, or damn them. What will you do? @SilentLiberty

2. Conflict of Interest (not applicable)

3. Coup. 

Jeffersonian Republicans, you all have an opportunity. The Peale administration has a very weak grasp on the military, and there are several military commanders who could help attempt an overthrow of the government, and to install one that is in your own vision. You just need a scandalous statesman, and a military commander with at least an executive ability of 2 to help you that agrees to do do. I will need confirmation from each of you on whether or no you will pursue the coup.

@Kingthero @Actinguy @Hestia11 @WVProgressive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Relations with Authoritarian Government: The Ottoman Empire reaches out to you, President Peale, in an unexpected overture. Longstanding American policy has been that the Ottomans are no friend of ours. You could respond favorably, or damn them. What will you do?

Respond favorably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Respond favorably.

President Peale extends an olive branch to the Ottoman Empire. Embassies are established in both nation's. 

Both President Peale and Secretary Marshall gain 100 points at no cost, as Peale is an independent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Jeffersonian Republicans, you all have an opportunity. The Peale administration has a very weak grasp on the military, and there are several military commanders who could help attempt an overthrow of the government, and to install one that is in your own vision. You just need a scandalous statesman, and a military commander with at least an executive ability of 2 to help you that agrees to do do. I will need confirmation from each of you on whether or no you will pursue the coup.

Worth noting is that James Jackson is the only JR military officer, so it would be contingent on @Hestia11's agreement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Worth noting is that James Jackson is the only JR military officer, so it would be contingent on @Hestia11's agreement. 

If Hestia is on board, I’m willing to put Richard Bache up as the statesman.

Hes Ben Franklin’s son in law, so he’s keeping the family tradition of insane political risks alive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

If Hestia is on board, I’m willing to put Richard Bache up as the statesman.

Hes Ben Franklin’s son in law, so he’s keeping the family tradition of insane political risks alive.

 

Jackson isn't the greatest statesmen in the world, so there isn't too much risk for Hestia. Either you both lose your statesmen, or you completely reform the government in your image with the help of Benjamin Franklin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

If Hestia is on board, I’m willing to put Richard Bache up as the statesman.

Hes Ben Franklin’s son in law, so he’s keeping the family tradition of insane political risks alive.

 

Wait. James Jackson belongs to YOU! 

Do you still want to go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Wait. James Jackson belongs to YOU! 

Do you still want to go?

Ha! Ok. Let’s do it.  Roll them bones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ha! Ok. Let’s do it.  Roll them bones.

The results are in. A nat 6...

Please allow me to go figure out what this means for us. 

@vcczar @SilentLiberty @Kingthero @Actinguy @Hestia11 @WVProgressive @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...