270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

7 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Damn. Forgot! Are all nominations in for Deeo South and New England, given that we have new senators? 

@Actinguy @Kingthero

I run Tichenor/Milton, as it remains in the Form tab.

1 hour ago, SilentLiberty said:

Can we make a rule against this?

Yeah, I would support this.  It did make it mildly harder for me when I was GMing.

@Reagan04

From now on, please don't directly change any Senators on the legislative tab. It makes it difficult to double check that it's done correctly and it also makes it difficult to know who is replaced with who. 

Thank you for trying to expedite the process for us anyway! :)

55 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

@Reagan04

From now on, please don't directly change any Senators on the legislative tab. It makes it difficult to double check that it's done correctly and it also makes it difficult to know who is replaced with who. 

Thank you for trying to expedite the process for us anyway! :)

My focus senator candidate is in

If this game could be more complex, it would be interesting to see the effect that having New England JR Party Leaders would have on the citizenry. Federalists would almost have to stack their deck with the few Southern Federalists just to keep the party viable. However, the forum game can't really handle any more complexities. An idea for the PC version perhaps. 

@Actinguy

I nominate Rufus King for Focus Sen

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

@Actinguy

I nominate Rufus King for Focus Sen

There is no focus Senator election in the Mid-Atlantic. Hopefully next time! I posted the results above.

We can move into the legislative term, I believe @Actinguy

48 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

There is no focus Senator election in the Mid-Atlantic. Hopefully next time! I posted the results above.

We can move into the legislative term, I believe @Actinguy

Did you already do the random death?  If so, we roll for more executive/random events.

I know we aren’t event in the 19th century yet but I’m ready for it. This is from a fundraiser event I went to tonight. The fake mustache makes me look 20 years older. 

35DEA168-6100-486E-B581-6128B1A8AF93.jpeg

12 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Focus Senator elections: 

New England: John Adams 

Deep South: John Milledge @Actinguy

did you mean to @ me, Milledge is my guy.

1 hour ago, Kingthero said:

did you mean to @ me, Milledge is my guy.

Yep! Good catch! 

13 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Did you already do the random death?  If so, we roll for more executive/random events.

We roll for scripted executive events... And the XYX affair does not hit! (Rolling for general events now, switchin to mobile)

General events(we get 3): 

Relations with Authoritarian Government: The Ottoman Empire reaches out to you, President Peale, in an unexpected overture. Longstanding American policy has been that the Ottomans are no friend of ours. You could respond favorably, or damn them. What will you do? @SilentLiberty

2. Conflict of Interest (not applicable)

3. Coup. 

Jeffersonian Republicans, you all have an opportunity. The Peale administration has a very weak grasp on the military, and there are several military commanders who could help attempt an overthrow of the government, and to install one that is in your own vision. You just need a scandalous statesman, and a military commander with at least an executive ability of 2 to help you that agrees to do do. I will need confirmation from each of you on whether or no you will pursue the coup.

@Kingthero @Actinguy @Hestia11 @WVProgressive

13 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Relations with Authoritarian Government: The Ottoman Empire reaches out to you, President Peale, in an unexpected overture. Longstanding American policy has been that the Ottomans are no friend of ours. You could respond favorably, or damn them. What will you do?

Respond favorably.

4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Respond favorably.

President Peale extends an olive branch to the Ottoman Empire. Embassies are established in both nation's. 

Both President Peale and Secretary Marshall gain 100 points at no cost, as Peale is an independent. 

25 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Jeffersonian Republicans, you all have an opportunity. The Peale administration has a very weak grasp on the military, and there are several military commanders who could help attempt an overthrow of the government, and to install one that is in your own vision. You just need a scandalous statesman, and a military commander with at least an executive ability of 2 to help you that agrees to do do. I will need confirmation from each of you on whether or no you will pursue the coup.

Worth noting is that James Jackson is the only JR military officer, so it would be contingent on @Hestia11's agreement. 

11 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Worth noting is that James Jackson is the only JR military officer, so it would be contingent on @Hestia11's agreement. 

If Hestia is on board, I’m willing to put Richard Bache up as the statesman.

Hes Ben Franklin’s son in law, so he’s keeping the family tradition of insane political risks alive.

10 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Hes Ben Franklin’s son in law, so he’s keeping the family tradition of insane political risks alive.

Jackson isn't the greatest statesmen in the world, so there isn't too much risk for Hestia. Either you both lose your statesmen, or you completely reform the government in your image with the help of Benjamin Franklin. 

18 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Wait. James Jackson belongs to YOU! 

Do you still want to go?

3 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Wait. James Jackson belongs to YOU! 

Do you still want to go?

Ha! Ok. Let’s do it.  Roll them bones.

13 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ha! Ok. Let’s do it.  Roll them bones.

The results are in. A nat 6...

Please allow me to go figure out what this means for us. 

@vcczar @SilentLiberty @Kingthero @Actinguy @Hestia11 @WVProgressive @Reagan04 @Conservative Elector 2