Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Excellent.  The resolutions are written, and Focus Governors can now object to passed legislation or executive actions and take it to the Supreme Court.  Note that this must be done in the same term that the legislation/exec action occurred on.

I'll process the points momentarily.  The rest of the actions are all automatic so I'll run those and post the results as well.

In the meantime, @WVProgressive, action to you to choose which country you want to send an ambassador to to try to boost relations.

Send Gallatin to Spain to negotiate the Pinckney Treaty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

Macon will write the resolution, still absolutely bitter about being rejected the right to free Tennessee out of his own State's territory.

I added something in the proposal tab to create a mechanism that can hurt statesmen that vote against statehood. I'm not sure what I will do. I think in the PC version, it will hurt statesmen in elections in the region of denied statehood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WVProgressive said:

Send Gallatin to Spain to negotiate the Pinckney Treaty. 

Yep, that's already being done but there's also a separate "send an ambassador to a country" action every term.  You can choose Gallatin to Spain if you want, just flagging that it's a separate thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PINCKNEY (GALLATIN) TREATY

President Sam Adams (5) + Sec of State Benjamin Franklin (7) + Ambassador Albert Gallatin (10) = 22.   

Success!

Points:
WVProgressive: 45
Reagan: 15
Everyone else: 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Actinguy said:

Yep, that's already being done but there's also a separate "send an ambassador to a country" action every term.  You can choose Gallatin to Spain if you want, just flagging that it's a separate thing.

Let's send Arthur Lee to Britain in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE BURR (FRANKLIN) CONSPIRACY

Secretary of State Benjamin Franklin and Chief Admiral John Paul Jones conspire together to acquire enough equipment and troops to establish their own independent nation west of the Mississippi.  They must each roll 5+ to succeed.

Ben Franklin: 5
John Paul Jones:  5

HOLY SHIT THEY PULLED IT OFF.

@WVProgressive gets 1,000 points.

And a heads up to @vcczar that we may need to eventually come up with events, etc, to deal with this independent nation.  ;c)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

THE BURR (FRANKLIN) CONSPIRACY

Secretary of State Benjamin Franklin and Chief Admiral John Paul Jones conspire together to acquire enough equipment and troops to establish their own independent nation west of the Mississippi.  They must each roll 5+ to succeed.

Ben Franklin: 5
John Paul Jones:  5

HOLY SHIT THEY PULLED IT OFF.

@WVProgressive gets 1,000 points.

And a heads up to @vcczar that we may need to eventually come up with events, etc, to deal with this independent nation.  ;c)

Benjamin Franklin is, at over the age of 90, either a dictator or president of this new country. 

Damn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My initial response is THIS IS EPIC...

 

Though, how would the French/Spanish handle it if its on their land?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kingthero said:

My initial response is THIS IS EPIC...

 

Though, how would the French/Spanish handle it if its on their land?

For the real conspiracy this event is based on, Spain actually did lease 500 acres of land to Aaron Burr.  It's not difficult to imagine Benjamin Franklin made some kind of similar arrangement, after 8 years in the State Department (ambassador to England and then Sec of State).

EDIT:  Of course...even if they did lease the land, it's unlikely they would be okay with it becoming an independent nation.

There's also the question of next steps.  For the real conspiracy, allegations against Burr ran the gamut from "He's planning to conquer Mexico" to "He's planning to invade Washington DC".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

THE BURR (FRANKLIN) CONSPIRACY

Secretary of State Benjamin Franklin and Chief Admiral John Paul Jones conspire together to acquire enough equipment and troops to establish their own independent nation west of the Mississippi.  They must each roll 5+ to succeed.

Ben Franklin: 5
John Paul Jones:  5

HOLY SHIT THEY PULLED IT OFF.

@WVProgressive gets 1,000 points.

And a heads up to @vcczar that we may need to eventually come up with events, etc, to deal with this independent nation.  ;c)

Action to @WVProgressive : after this shocking development, you need a new Secretary of State and new Chief Admiral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Actinguy said:

And a heads up to @vcczar that we may need to eventually come up with events, etc, to deal with this independent nation.  ;c)

Unlocking an ambassadorship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow @Actinguy @Conservative Elector 2 And anyone else. Please list proposals for dealing with the new nation and I’ll get around to adding such events. 

Amazing turn of event. Would Franklin be even more famous?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Wow @Actinguy @Conservative Elector 2 And anyone else. Please list proposals for dealing with the new nation and I’ll get around to adding such events. 

Amazing turn of event. Would Franklin be even more famous?

No doubt.  But as loved?  That part might be up in the air.  If we can peacefully merge at some point, then he's the man who set that in motion.  If we end up at eternal war with each other, maybe he ends up like the Southern leaders in the Civil War -- loved in some areas, despised in others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Wow @Actinguy @Conservative Elector 2 And anyone else. Please list proposals for dealing with the new nation and I’ll get around to adding such events. 

Amazing turn of event. Would Franklin be even more famous?

I calculated the odds -- I think.  My education is in communication, not math, but I "think" there was a less than 11% chance of succeeding.  Impressive for two guys who were both dead by this point in real life.  ;c)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Action to @WVProgressive : after this shocking development, you need a new Secretary of State and new Chief Admiral.

Action still to @WVProgressive.  If we don't have a response by 11 PM tonight, I'll choose whoever the most qualified candidates are.  If there's a tie, I'll show preference first for WVP's own men, and then for Democrat Republicans in reverse order of score, and finally Federalists in reverse order of score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Action to @WVProgressive : after this shocking development, you need a new Secretary of State and new Chief Admiral.

Secy of State: James Madison.

ChAdm: Alexander Gillon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madison accepts and it is his honor to serve the President. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin Harrison shall be the new VA senator 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

Action to @WVProgressive to choose a new Senate Majority Leader

Joseph Bradley Varnum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Joseph Bradley Varnum.

I'm honored to accept, Mr. President!

Vote to @Kingthero @Herbert Hoover @Reagan04 @SilentLiberty @Conservative Elector 2 to confirm James Madison as Secretary of State.

And action to @Hestia11 to appoint a new Admiral to replace Gillon's old command, now that Gillon is Chief Admiral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

I'm honored to accept, Mr. President!

Vote to @Kingthero @Herbert Hoover @Reagan04 @SilentLiberty @Conservative Elector 2 to confirm James Madison as Secretary of State.

And action to @Hestia11 to appoint a new Admiral to replace Gillon's old command, now that Gillon is Chief Admiral.

Nay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...