Jump to content
270soft Forum
vcczar

A More Perfect Union (3rd Playthrough)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Additionally, Jefferson cannot serve as Governor and Senator, so let me know who to put in that spot)

Fixed on the doc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it is now time for @Reagan04 to choose the members on each Congressional Committee. 

@SilentLiberty can go ahead and begin confirming his cabinet as soon as this is done and Focus Senators are determined. 

Party Leaders are Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Theodore Sedgewick is the House Majority Leader

For wiki purposes, also the Speaker yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

For wiki purposes, also the Speaker yes?

Yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

History tab is updated with the latest information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaker Sedgwick and Majority Leader King have returned with their appointments to the Committees, awaiting JR selection of Ranking Members

Chair of Armed Services: Sen. Phillip Schuyler (F-NY)

Corr: Rep. Timothy Pickering (F-MA)

Chair of Judiciary: Sen. William Paterson (F-NJ)

Corr: Rep. Artemas Ward (F-MA)

Chair of Foreign Affairs: Sen. Ralph Izard (F-SC)

Corr: Rep. Roger Sherman (F-CT)

Chair of Public Works: Sen. Joshua Clayton (F-DE)

Corr: Rep. Benjamin Goodhue (F-MA)

Chair of Budget: Rep. Alexander Hamilton (F-NY)

Corr: Sen. Jonathan Dayton (F-NJ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Speaker Sedgwick and Majority Leader King have returned with their appointments to the Committees, awaiting JR selection of Ranking Members

Chair of Armed Services: Sen. Phillip Schuyler (F-NY)

Corr: Rep. Timothy Pickering (F-MA)

Chair of Judiciary: Sen. William Paterson (F-NJ)

Corr: Rep. Artemas Ward (F-MA)

Chair of Foreign Affairs: Sen. Ralph Izard (F-SC)

Corr: Rep. Roger Sherman (F-CT)

Chair of Public Works: Sen. Joshua Clayton (F-DE)

Corr: Rep. Benjamin Goodhue (F-MA)

Chair of Budget: Rep. Alexander Hamilton (F-NY)

Corr: Sen. Jonathan Dayton (F-NJ)

Who appoints the remaining committee members, @Herbert Hoover?  I checked the rules but seems like it’s just the senate majority leader and speaker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Actinguy said:

Who appoints the remaining committee members, @Herbert Hoover?  I checked the rules but seems like it’s just the senate majority leader and speaker?

I would imagine the Senate Minority Leader, so in this case Sen. James Madison of Virginia. He should appoint Ranking Members as that would be true to realism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Who appoints the remaining committee members, @Herbert Hoover?  I checked the rules but seems like it’s just the senate majority leader and speaker?

That's also what I thought. Perhaps @Reagan04 is allowing your faction to choose the Ranking Members? 

@Reagan04 please clarify if we missed something in the rules. Committees are very new to me still. 

EDIT: Nevermind. I see your reasoning and perhaps @vcczar would be open to mending a rule or explaining his reasoning for it when he gets a moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reagan04 said:

I would imagine the Senate Minority Leader, so in this case Sen. James Madison of Virginia. He should appoint Ranking Members as that would be true to realism.

It's just the Sen Maj Leader and Speaker. Basically the parties in power dominate the committees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It's just the Sen Maj Leader and Speaker. Basically the parties in power dominate the committees. 

Ok.  To clarify, do only the committees propose bills now?  Or do Focus senators/reps still propose as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It's just the Sen Maj Leader and Speaker. Basically the parties in power dominate the committees. 

@Herbert Hoover Izard is Foreign Affairs and Schuyler is Armed Services, you mixed those two up.

Ranking Member on Foreign Affairs shall be Sen. Charles Caroll (F-MD)

Ranking Member on Judiciary: Sen. James Wilson (F-PA)

Ranking Member on Armed Services: Sen. John Milton (F-GA)

Ranking Member on Public Works: Sen. George Walton (F-GA)

Ranking Member on Budget: Rep. James Hillhouse (F-CT)

Edited by Reagan04
Hillhouse not Ellsworth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Sweet. We can begin confirming the cabinet when @SilentLiberty is ready to begin. 

President Washington brings forth his cabinet nominations.

Sec. of State-Albert Gallatin (JR-PA)

Sec. of Treasury-Robert Morris (F-PA)

Sec. of War/Defense-Henry Knox (F-MA)

Attorney General-James Iredell (F-NC)

Postmaster General-James Monroe (JR-VA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ok.  To clarify, do only the committees propose bills now?  Or do Focus senators/reps still propose as well?

They propose during the legislative phase. Half of the individual proposers must propose before midterms. Committee chairs determine which half-term they wish to propose legislation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It's just the Sen Maj Leader and Speaker. Basically the parties in power dominate the committees. 

I'm just saying this doesn't make sense. In reality, it's a minority party that denotes the ranking members, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I'm just saying this doesn't make sense. In reality, it's a minority party that denotes the ranking members, correct?

You're right. Sorry. I'm multitasking with stuff and wasn't paying attention to the term ranking member. Yes, House Min leader does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You're right. Sorry. I'm multitasking with stuff and wasn't paying attention to the term ranking member. Yes, House Min leader does. 

That's fine. Just wanted to clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentLiberty said:

President Washington brings forth his cabinet nominations.

Sec. of State-Albert Gallatin (JR-PA)

Sec. of Treasury-Robert Morris (F-PA)

Sec. of War/Defense-Henry Knox (F-MA)

Attorney General-James Iredell (F-NC)

Postmaster General-James Monroe (JR-VA)

Mr. Gallatin is humbled and honored to serve his nation at the pleasure of the President.

(Do I submit ambassador picks now or wait for confirmation?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You're right. Sorry. I'm multitasking with stuff and wasn't paying attention to the term ranking member. Yes, House Min leader does. 

You mean Senate Minority Leader; right?

So @Hestia11 should make the ranking member picks after all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

You mean Senate Minority Leader; right?

 

I think House/Sen Minority for each one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...