270soft Forum
Actinguy

Steyer qualifies for debate, Gabbard needs one more

Although it’s too late for anyone to join the upcoming third debate, Steyer officially qualified for the 4th debates taking place in October.  That brings our tally of debaters up to 11.  Assuming none of them drop out by next month, the candidates will be split into two separate debate nights in October.

Gabbard also picked up another 2% poll today, making her just one 2% poll away from reaching the October debates as well.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:04 AM, Actinguy said:

Although it’s too late for anyone to join the upcoming third debate, Steyer officially qualified for the 4th debates taking place in October.  That brings our tally of debaters up to 11.  Assuming none of them drop out by next month, the candidates will be split into two separate debate nights in October.

Gabbard also picked up another 2% poll today, making her just one 2% poll away from reaching the October debates as well.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

mommy's gonna make it ❤️

It's been confirmed that the poll in question will not count towards Gabbard's debate eligibility. The 2% she garnered was in registered voters, not the bottom line. https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/09/09/breaking-news/gabbard-says-shes-closer-to-the-debate-stage-despite-national-reports-to-the-contrary/

22 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

It's been confirmed that the poll in question will not count towards Gabbard's debate eligibility. The 2% she garnered was in registered voters, not the bottom line. https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/09/09/breaking-news/gabbard-says-shes-closer-to-the-debate-stage-despite-national-reports-to-the-contrary/

Ending it all if she doesn't make it

@ThePotatoWalrus

I'm sure there will be a quantum universe where she does make it, regardless of what happens in this one.

So please don't do that.

Besides, she's only 38 - lots of time to become POTUS after Trump finishes his last term in 2048. 

5 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Ending it all if she doesn't make it

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@ThePotatoWalrus

I'm sure there will be a quantum universe where she does make it, regardless of what happens in this one.

So please don't do that.

Besides, she's only 38 - lots of time to become POTUS after Trump finishes his last term in 2048. 

Even at 38 who knows. A friend of mine keeps insisting that Tulsi Gabbard just screams "first runner up" to her. Not making this round of debates hasn't helped that stigma, so maybe Potato is on to something... 

2048 sounds nice, just in time for experienced Don Jr or a youthful Barron to take office 

12 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Even at 38 who knows. A friend of mine keeps insisting that Tulsi Gabbard just screams "first runner up" to her. Not making this round of debates hasn't helped that stigma, so maybe Potato is on to something... 

2048 sounds nice, just in time for experienced Don Jr or a youthful Barron to take office 

2048 is the year my hypothetical future fictional setting and scenarios begin - but it doesn't include as an active character, candidate, or incumbent, or anything but a historic figure a (by-then-centenarian Donald Trump), nor are any of his children or other family or known cronies listed as candidates...

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

2048 is the year my hypothetical future fictional setting and scenarios begin - but it doesn't include as an active character, candidate, or incumbent, or anything but a historic figure a (by-then-centenarian Donald Trump), nor are any of his children or other family or known cronies listed as candidates...

You should probably include a couple corrupt politicians, if a candidate or an endorse. No system can get rid of corruption. 

4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

You should probably include a couple corrupt politicians, if a candidate or an endorse. No system can get rid of corruption. 

One of the frontrunners in the initial scenario is the former CEO of a highly corrupt mega-bank who strategically "disasociated" himself with it before it folded under a large number of criminal investigations in several nations it operated in when a leak into their activities surfaced online. :P

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

One of the frontrunners in the initial scenario is the former CEO of a highly corrupt mega-bank who strategically "disasociated" himself with it before it folded under a large number of criminal investigations in several nations it operated in when a leak into their activities surfaced online. :P

Ah now that sounds like the reality I'm used to. 

5 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

What a wonderful reason to live :)